Opus1965
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

Is anyone else having issues with clicking on items?

[Post New]by Opus1965 on Aug 14, 11 11:45 AM
I clicked on the tweezer several times, sometimes it tells me, not yet, or wait for it to be on the list. I hit the hint button and it highlighted the tweezer. I clicked on it and I had to do this a few more times for it to select. I even unchecked custom cursor. Very frustrating. Now I click on the hint button and it tells me to burn the canvas. HOW DO I DO THAT?? I can't even click on the Inventory tab.

Tink44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Re:Is anyone else having issues with clicking on items?

[Post New]by Tink44 on Aug 14, 11 11:52 AM
Sometimes unless you click on the exact spot on item it doesn't work. Several times I have clicked on correct item but not in proper spot. You have to burn the material with a match and match box found earlier. Most items interact with each other and reveal items under them.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Aug 14, 11 11:54 AM
The matches should be in your inventory. If you can't click on the inventory then that is a problem. During the whole HOG scene stuff will be going into inventory to use on the next few items in the scene. Hope it is not a glitch.

Opus1965
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

[Post New]by Opus1965 on Aug 14, 11 12:27 PM
Thanks for the reply govols2 & Tink44. It's annoying!

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Aug 14, 11 1:17 PM
Yes I do have that problem. Plus the sound sticks, you know that click of when you get the right item, and it is like a stuck record! Or the written dialogue when you click "next"...you have to click it 5-6 times.
The cursor a couple times changed into the down pointer instead of the arrow to click with and stayed that way for about 8-10 seconds.

Deb

Mapsman
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Mapsman on Aug 14, 11 5:02 PM
Yes, that was one of the things that I found annoying about this game. Give me a bigger sweet spot for the use of inventory items, please, Developers!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Aug 14, 11 6:54 PM
The problem may be that you are clicking on an item before it is asked for - in the box, you need to toggle between the FIND tab and the INVENTORY tab. You can't pick up anything from the box until it is listed on the Find tab, that is where you will get a "not yet" message. The same with using inventory items - if you get the right spot to use it but you haven't been asked to do so yet, you will get a "not yet" message.

Go to: