Tips & Tricks to Play Pini Society

[Post New]by Missemily3 on Jan 3, 09 8:57 AM
The Pini Society is a tricky game to play - even if you like mosaic tile games.

I saw that there was a lot of confusion on how to play and why the narrator was saying certain things, what the symbols mean, etc.

So to try and make it a little more enjoyable - here's a few things I learned along the way.

1. Start out in relaxed mode - this gives you more time to learn the various groupings of power tiles.

2. Pay attention to your Tesla Bar and what the colors mean - you'll need this as you get farther along.

Blue - shows power groups Red- Allows you to copy already placed tiles, White - adds tiles automatically when you place a tile, Yellow -shows possible locations of a selected tile, Black - turns all black tiles in the selection area into wild tiles.

3. Trying to remember all the power groupings is impossible. If you can't remember - look them up in your journal.

Do this by clicking on the book in the upper left corner and then clicking on the power symbols tab - this shows all of the symbols you have already unlocked.
By clicking on each power symbol - you can see what each will do - more time etc. The narrator also tells you what you get as you place the group.

Alternatively, fill your tesla bar to the limit and turn it blue by placing a blue tile. When you click on the tesla bar it will then highlight all possible power groups left.

4. Don't try to fill in most of the screens. Go after the power groups - usually this will bring your points above the goal without having to fill it all in.

5. Use your workspace to your advantage- place tiles in groups on it and then "double click" to lift the whole group. ( I have a little problem with this - so I changed my mouse speed settings.) The bigger your grouping - the more points. BE CAREFUL - tiles degrade after a certain amount of time.

6. Shuffle is a good way to try to find the tiles you need to make a grouping - but the more you shuffle - the longer it takes between each shuffle.

For those with actual game playing problems - I haven't had that much trouble- but I did have it "stick" a one or two times - using ALT + Tab and then going right back into the game seems to solve it quickly.

Re:Tips & Tricks to Play Pini Society

[Post New]by ChiGal0816 on Jan 4, 09 7:19 AM
I love this game, even though it's frustrating the heck outta me! There are so many different strategies, and you have to figure out the strategy for each puzzle. This is the first game I've bought in a long time that I'm still playing (and haven't finished) weeks later.

I'm stuck right now on the second puzzle with the "vile" symbol (at least I think that's what she's saying). That's the one that erases all the other tiles on the board and gives you no points. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by Missemily3 on Jan 5, 09 6:37 AM
Yes, it is actually a vile tile

The trick I figured out is to make power combos and then use the vile tile to "erase" them and make more to get your points to the goal level.

and yes, it is frustrating - I am still trying to get through the last of the boards on expedition mode - but I'm having sooo much fun trying different strategies. I really appreciate a game that I can't finish in a couple of sittings. I feel I got my money's worth on this one!

[Post New]by Kruse79 on Jan 7, 09 6:55 AM
Played the demo, loved it, bought it, no glitches here.

However, some of the levels do get incredibly hard to do, so my method was to play them first in relaxed mode to help me get unstuck, then switch back to adventure mode and get as far as I could before replaying the levels in relaxed mode to catch up and see what was a couple of levels ahead.

My problem is this: I finished the relaxed mode and it won't let me finish adventure mode, so every time I click continue adventure it just shuts itself down and I get the thank you for playing screen. So what do I do? Lose all my progress, uninstall and try again or wait for a patch?

I relly don't want to risk losing all my progress as I have almost found ll the extra time and bonus icons in the book

[Post New]by dragonflybell on Jan 8, 09 5:58 AM
OK, I admit this may be a dumb question, but did I miss them explaining what the blob balls are for and how to use them? I have tried everything I can think of and they do nothing but take up space.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

[Post New]by Missemily3 on Jan 8, 09 7:20 AM
The blobs are "wild" - just pick them up and place them where ever you want on the board. They must correspond to color and you cannot use them on your worktable. They're useful if you're planning on using a red tesla bar to copy shapes.

[Post New]by Missemily3 on Jan 8, 09 7:24 AM
Kruse,

When I played it - I played relaxed mode all the way through and then went back to the expedition mode and am working on that. I've not had the problem that you're describing - but it may be just a suggestion to try that? I would hat to lose all my progress as well - you're right - these puzzles can be hard and then when you finally figure it out - it's like DUH!!! why didn't I see that?

[Post New]by Missemily3 on Jan 8, 09 7:51 AM
Kruse-

I stand corrected - I just played a few more levels and suddenly I am having the same problem I think I was just starting level 9?

[Post New]by Kruse79 on Jan 9, 09 11:10 AM
Because I was playing some and some I only had a few levels to go!!! I don't know if we can report it as a bug for them to fix?

[Post New]by sspringtime784 on Jan 12, 09 10:39 PM
This game is full of problems. I always turn OFF all sounds so I did not have to hear the woman speaking. My game has crashed 22 times. Relaxed mode or timed mode it didn't matter CRASH! I got really mad when I made it to level 30 and suddenly the timer only gave me 3 seconds, I only got the first 3 tiles down. I went back to the start and tryied with a NEW game but at the same level the timer messed up. I love this game but the crashes and freezes make it frustrating. The little "globs" are pieces you use to fill any block of that color. I need to report the crashes to BFG

[Post New]by Rapsqueak on Feb 16, 09 2:39 PM
Thanks for your tips, but on the level I am on (? no numbers) the one after the astrological sign making mini game, it is impossible to finish. I have seen one more post where someone had the identical problem to me: The astrological game doesnt work, so you dont amass points towards the next level, therefore making it impossible to pass? Any other way to get thru this level, it is driving me insane.
Thanks.

babyowl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by babyowl on Feb 18, 09 7:13 AM
Question here....

I've tried the "60 min. trial" and loved it. My question is...does it last long enough to be worth buying?? I have bought games in the past and blast right through them and then that's it. So, is it worth playing over and over if you get through to the end?

Thanks for any input.

[Post New]by ALH400 on Mar 5, 09 2:35 AM
Missemily3 wrote:Yes, it is actually a vile tile

The trick I figured out is to make power combos and then use the vile tile to "erase" them and make more to get your points to the goal level.

and yes, it is frustrating - I am still trying to get through the last of the boards on expedition mode - but I'm having sooo much fun trying different strategies. I really appreciate a game that I can't finish in a couple of sittings. I feel I got my money's worth on this one!

[Post New]by ALH400 on Mar 5, 09 2:49 AM
Missemily3 wrote:Yes, it is actually a vile tile

What is the 'vile' symbol?

CHoughton
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by CHoughton on Apr 17, 09 2:35 PM
I have gone through so many levels, I gave up counting. I would like any feed back on what other games, like this, would be fun to try.

[Post New]by randomlil on Sep 6, 10 2:46 AM
Kruse79 wrote:Played the demo, loved it, bought it, no glitches here.

However, some of the levels do get incredibly hard to do, so my method was to play them first in relaxed mode to help me get unstuck, then switch back to adventure mode and get as far as I could before replaying the levels in relaxed mode to catch up and see what was a couple of levels ahead.

My problem is this: I finished the relaxed mode and it won't let me finish adventure mode, so every time I click continue adventure it just shuts itself down and I get the thank you for playing screen. So what do I do? Lose all my progress, uninstall and try again or wait for a patch?

I relly don't want to risk losing all my progress as I have almost found ll the extra time and bonus icons in the book

For anyone just starting out on this game my suggestion is to use two player names of 'relaxed' and 'adventure' say and then hopefully your progress in one mode won't be halted when you complete the other mode.

boscocat
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by boscocat on Oct 21, 13 7:15 PM
How do I get the "vile" tile to stop erasing my tiles ?

Go to: