WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ Collector's Edition comments and reviews

[Post New]by WilJul on Jul 9, 17 8:03 PM
Traci555 wrote:I finished the game twice now just to get a little spoiler, only to find out there's another spoiler, not playing a third time. What I really want to know is where is the list of achievements you can "strive for", as the directions suggest? When you hit the visor it tells you your achievements so far not what achievements exist to achieve. I read somewhere that's how you get another spoiler or egg thingy. Does anyone know the list of achievements to get in this game????? And if there is an Easter egg??

It's been a verrrry long time since I played this game, but in the walkthrough the screenshot of the menu page shows a "Case Achievements" tab. Perhaps that's what your looking for...?

Also, there are indeed Easter Eggs in the CE version of the game. For spoilers checkout the thread " Bonus Levels/ Locations of the 2 Felix's/ Phone # Puzzle/ Using Built-in Strategy Guide" on the first page of this forum.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jul 10, 17 8:34 AM
A word of warning: do NOT buy any game here until you've played through the trial. I'm assuming that everyone who's still asking why DG doesn't work has Windows 10 and has not bothered to read through the many threads concerning the game's incompatibility with Windows 10. This problem has been ongoing for two years now, ever since Windows 10 came out and nothing's been done to correct the problem. All we've gotten is a scripted apology with a coupon to replace the game. It's apparent to everyone that nothing will ever be done to fix the game.

[Post New]by GothicAngel1982 on Aug 4, 17 11:31 AM
My game wont load.... can not even get the error box to load so i can see what error it is giving. have un installed it and re installed and also restarted in bettwen the the un install and re install

[Post New]by GothicAngel1982 on Aug 4, 17 11:33 AM
the dire grove scared grove loads, but not this one. the trial verson loaded too but not the full version. this is so sad as i wanted to replay this game before getting into sacred grove to refresh the story in my mind. so sad it wont play on windows 10

[Post New]by Nads1988 on Nov 29, 17 7:54 AM
Hi,

I am having a issue with this game. I bought the collector's edition but when I try to launch the game it does not launch?????

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it yet it does the same.

I only show the icon on my task bar but when I click on it nothing happens???

Please help!

am100other
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by am100other on Nov 29, 17 8:19 AM
if you are running the game on Windows 10, be aware the game is NOT playable, i am sorry if this is the case but it is a well known issue that BFG are aware of, i would let them know through this link as quoted earlier: The game page should make it clear that the game is not compatible with Windows 10 upon trying to buy it.
i did this and got a coupon instantly for another Collectors Edition game. - hopefully they will try and get this working soon.

bfgArinelle wrote:Hi Everyone,

We appreciate the passion and interest our players have put on display through their requests and attempts to get this game up and running again. At this time, Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ Collector's Edition is considered incompatible with Windows 10 on some system configurations. We do not have any new information at this time about possible future updates for the game that may address this issue. Should such information become available, our Forum Moderators will post an announcement right away.

At this time, the best suggestion we can offer is sending a message to our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Technical Support Team</a> to receive a replacement game. Thank you for your dedication to the Mystery Case Files series. We truly appreciate our players' patience and understanding with this situation. Please do not hesitate to send a PM to me or another Moderator if there are lingering questions or concerns. We'll be happy to provide whatever answers we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by seroger2062 on Dec 14, 17 9:34 AM
very good game !

[Post New]by plainjane1 on Mar 28, 18 4:25 PM
I am so disappointed that I can't play Dire Grove. Every other game in my computer works except this one. I uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times. I wish there was something that could be done.

Go to: