cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 17 August 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Aug 17, 11 12:02 AM
Any comments fishes?

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

Re:Todays DD 17 August 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Aug 17, 11 2:15 AM
I thought from the title that this would maybe be a physics puzzle game but it's actually a brick breaker game, so I wasn't going to try it.

BUT...............

I took a look at its official review on that 'well known review site' and, judging by that, this seems likely to be a really good one of its kind: Apparently every time you release a ball you have different options in how you release it that affect the size of the paddle and/or the ball and other power ups which the reviewer considered to be original too. It also says that it has challenge levels where you have to use the balls to nudge a 'boss' character in a particular direction to win that level.

That bit about the boss levels has me intrigued & I will give it a try sometime. I don't think I'll get around to it today but that won't matter because I am not a GC member at the moment (I tend to join only when I nearly have a full punchcard) so I wouldn't be getting the DD price anyway.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Aug 17, 11 4:17 AM

I'm not known for speed but I did decide to test this game and the more I played, the more it felt like another game (can't remember the name of it) that I like alot so I did purchase it.

The one thing that DISLIKE is the fact that instead of having to repeat that 1 scenario that you lost, you've got to REPLAY the whole level. Since I never got past the first level, I'm only hoping that you don't have to REPLAY the whole game like you do with Plumeboom.

MEnr56

[Post New]by magicmonti on Aug 17, 11 8:04 AM
So far I am addicted I love it what a unique take on brick breaking (for my experience at any rate) so glad I bought it

Love that you can have multiple balls and it reminds me somewhat voice wise of Bejeweled blitz or one of those games definately heard that style of thing before

all in all as a very cheap game its well worth it

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Aug 17, 11 9:15 AM
MEnr56 wrote:

The one thing that DISLIKE is the fact that instead of having to repeat that 1 scenario that you lost, you've got to REPLAY the whole level. Since I never got past the first level, I'm only hoping that you don't have to REPLAY the whole game like you do with Plumeboom.

MEnr56

If this is like the other brickbuster type games I've played, you should only have to repeat the level you missed on. If this is not the case then I will not be happy I bought this game. Since I managed to get up to five lives in the first level I think it will be awhile before I find out.

So far I give this game out of five. It lost a sun due to having to replay the whole level if one sublevel is not completed.

If I have to go back to level one because I miss on a higher level , then I will change my rating to five thumbs down. This game is difficult enough without having to replay from the beginning of the game many times. In the games I've played in the past I would have given up long before I even got the near the end if I had to replay them from level one.

NavyMom90
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by NavyMom90 on Aug 17, 11 9:16 AM
I played the trial and while it was moderately entertaining for me, I found it lacking. I did not care for the "boss level" that you must pass in order to go to the next level. This is a no buy for me.

Bumblefish
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Bumblefish on Aug 17, 11 9:32 AM
bought this one a long time ago, and its still fun. 3 difficulties. The balls are formed from the material, the paddle is made of. So, the bigger the paddle, the more or bigger balls one can shoot. To grow the paddle one has to catch the falling drops.
Ther are also power ups and special levels.
A fastpaced, fun game.

Peace1369
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by Peace1369 on Aug 17, 11 10:00 AM
I was impressed by the colors and graphics. The way the game played and how you could absorb the ball back in to your bat anjd reshoot it was a very nice touch. Only thing is the bat moved to sluggishly for me to decided to buy the game. That really dissapoints me as I do like a good ball bashing game. I wish the game had the option to turn of the custom cursor so I would know it this would take away the sluggishness. I loved everything about the game but was not comfortable at all with the way the bat mvoed for me so sorry No Sale today. Just glad I tried the demo first. I am bad about jumping and buying all the 2.99 games without playing enough of the trial. My favorite all time ball game is the
Rebound series that I would recomment to everyone.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Aug 17, 11 10:56 AM
Enjoyed having a brick breaker game as haven't seen one in awhile. This is more likely an old one since it's on the DD. I thought it to be a good game ane enjoyed the game play. Like having different paddles and balls doing lots of interesting things. Will be a buy for me.. as what the heck it's on DD and a good bargain if you like games like this.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Aug 17, 11 12:04 PM
This game is patterned after the old pin ball machines. During the playing I got an error message error 809. This game is somewhat fun, but I wouldn't want to own it. If you miss on a level, you have to start that level over again, playing what you have already played. Go find a pin ball machine, it's much more fun.

jynxy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jynxy on Aug 17, 11 2:47 PM
I love this sort of game and I especially loved the way you could grow the paddle then pop out loads of balls at a time for maximum impact. This was a definite buy for me at such a good price. I would never have heard of it if it hadn't been a DD

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Aug 17, 11 7:55 PM
It's been quite a while since there was a DD that I didn't already own, so I was excited to see one that I hadn't heard of before. Brought up the demo and fell in love with the game. I really enjoy a good block buster and this one is perfect for me. Off to buy it now.

Survivor01
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Survivor01 on Aug 17, 11 10:28 PM
I really liked the game until I got to the "boss" level. How boring! Everything else was great. A unique twist on a regular brick buster type game. Oh well. maybe next time.

Go to: