bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Reviews for Slot Quest: The Museum Escape

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Aug 17, 11 1:13 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Slot Quest: The Museum Escape? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Reviews for Slot Quest: The Museum Escape

[Post New]by TeamSD on Aug 17, 11 3:26 AM
This game is the third game in Slot Quest series, graphics are very good - quite cute The developer could add more variety of gameplay in the game, cuz it's all slots and slots..... You have to make your way to the certain goal, which is really difficult. Sorry, it's boring and too difficult - no buy!

Grades:

Graphics: B
Music: C
Features: D
Fun: D
Gameplay: D
Overall: D

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Aug 17, 11 4:17 AM
Would have loved to give my opinion but after DL was told that the trial was expired!

[Post New]by heatherington on Aug 17, 11 4:52 AM
This is a messed up game. I never had a harder download. Really screwed up with my computer and I usually NEVER have any problems. I could not get pass the first phase. Apparently spinning to do something or other. No skipping anything so you could not get anywhere. I'm throwing this one into the convenient little trash can reserved just for pieces of trash like this one. NO BUY!

Edited on 08/17/2011 at 4:58:01 AM PST

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Aug 17, 11 5:23 AM
i love the slot quest games, there are a few and i wish that would get the rest of them in.

this is not an ordinary slot game, this game you have goals that you have to meet in order to proceed. there are a total of 4 machines to beat the game, each machine has quite a few goals to meet before you can proceed to the next machine. each machine also powers up which means that your pay rate increases as well as the chance to hit the bonuses. it also has a good story and the graphics are amazing.

these types of slot quest games are not short as i have played the vampire one and it took me about 10 hours or longer to beat it, same with the alice in wonderland one as i have played over 10 hours on it and still trying to beat it.

the challenges get tougher as you progress so it is not always easy to beat. don't go into this game thinking oh, it is just another boring slot game as it isn't.

only thing i have run across and i don't know if it was a glitch in the game or because the new game manager, i played the entire demo and my time ran out and when i went back into game after i purchased it, i had to start all over as it didn't save the first challenge i completed. i am going to go back into game and see if it has saved it now, if not i will report that it has a glitch.

i would rate this game

4 out of 5

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Aug 17, 11 7:16 AM
so by the way you are talking all your effort goes down the tubes on your progress as it does not save what you have completed. thanks for the warning. how were some of you able to play this game before the rest of us. (how did you and others get to play it before the rest of us?

I did not even get an hour of play msked me so mad that I just wanna

did anyone get their new game manager changed once again when you clicked on the trial option to play game?

Edited on 08/17/2011 at 7:43:27 AM PST

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Aug 17, 11 7:55 AM
I COMPLETED THE FIRST CHALLENGE!!! I lasted more than five minutes in this BORING game.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Aug 17, 11 8:15 AM
i think the only reason it didn't keep my progress was because i let the demo time run out so the game shut down without me exiting it. once i bought it and played the first challenge i closed the game out and when i went back in it had saved my progress.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Aug 17, 11 9:27 AM
amj0963 wrote:i think the only reason it didn't keep my progress was because i let the demo time run out so the game shut down without me exiting it. once i bought it and played the first challenge i closed the game out and when i went back in it had saved my progress.

thanks for the info amj0963. I hate games like this that do NOT save your game progress. I mighy buy this one and the Vampire one (didn't get full hour for that one cause I timed it. ). Someone must have a Mickey Mouse watch that they use for the timer. Made top 10 for high scores in both games.

Edited on 08/17/2011 at 9:29:07 AM PST

[Post New]by woodspinner on Aug 17, 11 9:47 AM
This isn't even a game. Put your cursor over the "play" button and close your eyes and click every 5 seconds or so. No challenge, no skill, no fun. No point in continuing.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Aug 17, 11 10:20 AM
I've played the demos for several of the Slot Quest games and despite that, I honestly don't get it. I know there are goals for each slot machine-earn so many credits or bonus credits in order to move on and as you complete the challenges you may (or may not) earn achievements. I guess my issue with these types of games is that everything is random and you, as the player, have no control over how quickly or well you complete the challenges and earning achievements is due to luck rather than skill. So even though the ultimate goal, in this game is to get out of the museum-when you do is due more to random chance rather than any skill. I realize there are those who like these games so please understand, I'm not bashing them or their choice in games, but rather explaining my opinion.

As for the game itself-graphics were decent, crisp & clear. The music was cool at first, but became repetitive and annoying rather quickly. I did not turn it down because I enjoyed the different sound effects made when I got 3 or more matching pictures and I did not realize until later that there are three separate volume controls (the only options). It took me not quite 30 minutes to complete the first challenge on the first slot. There are six challenges for the first slot and if looking at the achievements is anything to go by, four total slots. The game filled my widescreen. I did not have any tech issues at all either in downloading or running the game. As always, I played on my laptop running windows 7 home premium 64bit. I have a wireless router and it seemed that the game downloaded quickly enough.

Y'all Have Fun.

glorific
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by glorific on Aug 17, 11 10:59 AM
No trouble downloading the game, but why, why, why do we constantly have to put up with a new Game Manager download?

Loved the slot game, but no challenge here. Really boring with no control over outcome. Because we have no control, I hate that you can't move on until you complete the challenge. Come on, 5 matches in a row? This could take forever.

Can't slots be made into an interesting game to add interest? Slingo has managed to do this, why can't slot quest? I'll buy these when there is some reason to keep pushing the play button.

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on Aug 17, 11 11:21 AM
Finally a game that I could use points to buy, and it is Well I think you get my meaning! How disapointing!

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Aug 17, 11 12:51 PM
If they could make a slot machine game that spit out real money.... then I think they'd have something!!!! Without money... what's the sense?

[Post New]by roodysrealgram on Aug 17, 11 2:39 PM
I made the first challenge with no problem. Second challenge I was so bored and got a headache from the repetitive music. Graphic were very clean but like woodspinner said, "Put your cursor over the "play" button and close your eyes and click every 5 seconds or so."
Can you spell boring - Slot Quest!

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Aug 17, 11 2:54 PM
Well, I may be swimming against the current here, but I kind of enjoyed this game. With the challenges it is a bit different than the usual type of slots. I've put it on my list for the next sale or if I need to fill a punch card.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Aug 17, 11 3:14 PM
Boring

[Post New]by RokindaUSA on Aug 17, 11 3:14 PM
When all is said and done it is still a slot machine. Yawn.

Cazzle18
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by Cazzle18 on Aug 17, 11 3:29 PM
I'm finding that these last few weeks , there's been no 'exciting games' to purchase. I know there are some exciting games (according to gamezebo) coming up .....there always seems to be a 'lull' during the summer....where you have to wait weeks and weeks for something to get your teeth into....I know I'm not whinging as I have read people's reviews of games each day ...and everyone seems to feel the same....x

[Post New]by suzysunshine525 on Aug 17, 11 6:15 PM
I complete agree with Cazzle. I like casual downloadable games because of the variety, and I haven't seen much variety on here recently. But about this game...

I usually enjoy slot games because they're mindless and there's a goal that I can get reach. I got to the second challenge on this game (10,000 credits from the bonus game), and played for 15 minutes without getting the bonus round a single time. That's ridiculous. There's no motivation to keep me playing. Uninstall.

Go to: