bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Reviews for The Clockwork Man: The Hidden World

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Aug 17, 11 1:15 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of The Clockwork Man: The Hidden World? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Clockwork Man: The Hidden World

[Post New]by TeamSD on Aug 17, 11 1:21 AM
So many people saying that they want the sequel also available on BFG when the original one released past few weeks, so here we go.

Unfortunately, i prefer the first one more than this one. Yes, the graphics in this one are more beautiful, puzzles are better (really nice) and the gameplay is better too. However, HOG scenes are some what difficult and i found story a bit confusing. The voice overs are really good as usually but there're too many of them, make me annoying Will leave this one and will buy it maybe as DD!

Grades:

Graphics: A
Story: C
Music: B
Puzzles: A*
HOG Scenes: B
Fun: B
Gameplay: A
Overall: B

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 17, 11 1:23 AM
I'm a huge fan of this series. I cannot believe BF has only offered this series as a soft release. For me they are the top of the line. The graphics and voiceovers are absolutely amazing and so awesome! And it's so nice to be offered a game that doesn't have a haunted house or some kind of evil in it. This series is done well and and for me, is a must have. I can only hope that they are coming out with a 3rd sequel. I'm a huge fan of voiceovers and this series has some of the best I've ever heard. If your a hog lover and voiceover fan, this game is for you. Be sure to at least check this gem out.

I rate this game and series: "FINE SWINE"

FINE SWINE:
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.
‘ ‘
(o)

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Aug 17, 11 1:44 AM
Mmmmm interesting !! When I have a look @ the images that you can enlarge before downloading the game for trial the language appears to be Dutch, German ???

Edited on 08/17/2011 at 1:45:22 AM PST

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Aug 17, 11 2:24 AM
I have always found this series okay to play, but I wouldn't rate it as my best. I don't know , there's something about the game that just doesn't grab me. Anyone else notice that you can't skip the mini games? That was a little different from most games.
I remember playing this before and thinking the same thing. I would rate it a 7 out of 10.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Aug 17, 11 2:32 AM
I remember hearing about this game a while ago on another site and I wanted to try it, but since I only play games from BFG, I wasn't able to until now. I played about a half hour of the demo. It does seem like it is a well made game. It is nice to look at and the voice acting sounded good, but despite that, the game wasn't able to grab my interest. I know I didn't get very far, but from what I played, it seemed like a straight HOG and I am not a fan of those. I like some puzzles and adventure mixed in with my H0 scenes, and I did not encounter any puzzles and there was very little adventure. Perhaps this changes as the game moves along, but the half hour I played wasn't very exciting. If a game doesn't engage me immediately I usually won't finish the demo, and such is the case here. Other people may enjoy it, especially if they don't mind back to back H0 scenes. I did think the clockwork man was cute, and it has a Victorian steampunk setting, which is cool. I just didn't like the game play.

One other thing I wanted to mention is that the cursor is clunky, which is a pet peeve of mine, and you cannot change it to your system cursor. That was the first thing I knew that I didn't like about the game, since I almost always use my system's cursor when playing games, and I like having the option to use my system's cursor if the game cursor is clunky. I know that clunky cursors are a pet peeve of other people here as well which is why I wanted to mention it.

Edited on 08/17/2011 at 2:35:28 AM PST

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Aug 17, 11 3:08 AM
sunidayz wrote: Anyone else notice that you can't skip the mini games?

I noticed that when I hit the first mini game & what makes it a no buy for me.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 17, 11 4:19 AM
goddess280653 wrote:Mmmmm interesting !! When I have a look @ the images that you can enlarge before downloading the game for trial the language appears to be Dutch, German ???
It's Dutch. Months ago I saw this game on the Dutch BF.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Aug 17, 11 4:31 AM
Maybe it's me, but I couldn't find most of the objects in the first H0 scene, very frustrating. Played 39 minutes and dumped it. Just nothing to make me want to continue to play. Maybe it gets better but I will never know. No buy here.

mcurbelo
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mcurbelo on Aug 17, 11 5:28 AM
I bought this game about a year ago at a major department store. Both The Clockwork Man series were offered in 1 disc. Very enjoyable..

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Aug 17, 11 8:15 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:I'm a huge fan of this series. I cannot believe BF has only offered this series as a soft release. For me they are the top of the line. The graphics and voiceovers are absolutely amazing and so awesome! And it's so nice to be offered a game that doesn't have a haunted house or some kind of evil in it. This series is done well and and for me, is a must have. I can only hope that they are coming out with a 3rd sequel. I'm a huge fan of voiceovers and this series has some of the best I've ever heard. If your a hog lover and voiceover fan, this game is for you. Be sure to at least check this gem out.

I rate this game and series: "FINE SWINE"

FINE SWINE:
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.
‘ ‘
(o)

I bought both in the series last year and loved them. I also hope the third is in the works so to speak. Agree with everything said. Well worth the money.......

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Aug 17, 11 10:04 AM
I really had a hard time with the first H0 scene and found the
hint refill very slow. Now, half of demo time gone and
not yet to first mini-game and I'm reading in the forums
that there is no skip. Oh no.

Sometimes, I just can't get my aging brain around them, and
I own another "old" game without that feature that I will never
get to finish (even tho' I do sometimes go back and try).

So, guess this makes it a no buy for me.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Aug 17, 11 11:17 AM
not as much fun as part one...slow 3d scene scrolling for hidden objects...graphics and scenes are great....i am going to wait to pick this one up...

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Aug 17, 11 11:35 AM
I had played the first one on another site when it was first released. The one thing I dislike is having to use arrows to move right or left and then zooming in. I think this one is a little better as it has tasks listed and hints seem to be good too. Graphics are clear and voice overs ok.. It's just not a game I really enjoy..

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Aug 17, 11 12:34 PM
LuvDemGames wrote:Maybe it's me, but I couldn't find most of the objects in the first H0 scene, very frustrating. Played 39 minutes and dumped it. Just nothing to make me want to continue to play. Maybe it gets better but I will never know. No buy here.

I completely agree!!!

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Aug 17, 11 5:42 PM
I too found it slow and tedious. I didnt even last 15 minutes. So a no buy for me.

But it has been a good week at BF for HOGs. Loved the Astronauts, Paranormal Crime, Nightmare at Sea, and Time Mysteries! Having way too much fun here!

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Aug 17, 11 5:57 PM
I find that I do not care for this game. The graphics are good but the zoom-arrow and the scroll-arrows are really bothersome and seem to really slow the game progress. Not slow as in a technical problem, but I would much rather just be able to point the cursor where I wanted or needed to go...and go! Some of the objects are so very tiny and/or blend in with the background that I found I needed the hint system to help me find them...and I normally will just search until I find the objects...not in this game. For me, the story moves very slowly because of the time consumed using the scroll or zoom arrows.

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Aug 17, 11 7:50 PM
I almost like it but not enough to buy yet. There are a lot of better games available. I found "beep-chirp etc." VERY annoying and also the cursor - (curses !!!)
Must give a BIG shout out to the CS helpfish - a wonderful breed

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Aug 17, 11 9:01 PM
BIG FISH AND KRISITN HAVE BEEN VERY GOOD T0 ME THIS WEEK

This time i'm going to play devil's advocate. This is one of the best most enjoyable games put out lately. No blood, vampires, wolves or ghosts. Liked the scrolling screens,and graphics are A+. I NEVER have the sound on so I can't comment on the music or voice overs. After 5 kids you want absolute silence except for Ms.Mokie purring on my keyboard.

For some reason I expected this game to put out as a CE and if I missed it would someone please let me know. I would like to have the CE if there is a bonus chapter.

Trust me these minie's are easey when you have the solution right in front of you, Trick for the minigames this is not a spoiler. Just go to the walkthrough, right click, select all and paste into a word document that way you can have the puzzle solutions right in front of you. IF ANYONE WANTS
tO KNOW HOW i DO THIS PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE AND i WILL LAY THE PRODEDURE OUT FOR YOU, I too am not a fan of minigames and have passed up many games in the past for this reason. I don't print out the entire walkthrough any longer because it was becoming a library and taking over my office so I just store them in my computer. They can stay up while you play and then print a page when you need to do a game.never could get trhough the one where u are stacking parts of totems remember it was a great game other than that one minie.

[Post New]by Whizzy_Wheelz on Aug 20, 11 11:48 AM
What a delightful game! I really enjoyed it. Thanks too to Penny 1942 for the tip personally I save the walkthrough to my computer (I have a file with a shortcut to my desktop where I keep all my walkthroughs. When it gets too large I use winrar to compress the folders that I have had for a while in case I go bk to my old games to replay them)

I have the game in one window and the walkthrough in the other. When I need to check something I click the windows button on my left (next to the alt key also named start) that minimises the game window and I can then scroll down to where I need help from the walkthrough I've opened from my desktop using the web browser not the folder which contains all the images etc. It works fine for me.

I highly recommend this game.

More please Big Fish Games.

In all the years I have been with Big Fish I have always had great customer support when I have had problems. They have credited me when I haven't been able to play the very few games that haven't worked despite their help.

IN MY OPINION THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE CANNOT BE EQUALLED. wELL DONE PEOPLE!

Go to: