TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Reviews for Twisted Lands: Insomniac Collector's Edition

[Post New]by TeamSD on Aug 18, 11 12:29 AM
I don't like the first one, didn't buy it even as SE. This one is better, not much just a bit! Graphics are great just like the first one, music are also great! HOG scenes are easy (that's what i really like) an puzzles are just so so. Story is somewhat really confusing, i don't know if the people who have finished the first one will be as confuse as me? Anyway, like it - but wait for the SE!

Grades:

Graphics: A
Story: C
Music: A
HOG Scenes: A
Puzzles: C
Fun: B
Gameplay: B
Overall: B

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Edited on 08/18/2011 at 2:01:22 AM PST

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Re:Reviews for Twisted Lands: Insomniac Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 18, 11 12:32 AM
Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Twisted Lands: Insomniac Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Aug 18, 11 12:48 AM
TeamSD wrote:My review soon! Downloading, hope it will be great!

Hi Team, looks to be a good one especially if it's anything like the first. It is a continuation that concentrates on the wife this time. Guess I'll have to review the first game to refresh my memory. I'll be waiting to see your review.

Happy Gaming

Edited on 08/18/2011 at 2:07:32 PM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Aug 18, 11 12:55 AM
honeyg412 wrote:
TeamSD wrote:My review soon! Downloading, hope it will be great!

Hi Team, looks to be a good one especially if it's anything like the first. It is a continuation that concentrates on the daughter this time. Guess I'll have to review the first game to refresh my memory. I'll be waiting to see your review.

Happy Gaming

Unfortunately, i don't like the first one - didn't buy it even as SE so if it's like the first one, i probably don't like it!

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on Aug 18, 11 1:00 AM
I never bought the first one either, but I'm enjoying this one so far.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Aug 18, 11 1:01 AM
I went back and played the first one again to see what it was about. It was sort of disappointing because we really never learned anything about what was going on. Now the wife is in a mental hospital? Well, maybe I would be too since I don't know what happened or why. I just played about 15 minutes to see that it is a lot like the first one, so I will try again after I get some sleep to see how I feel about it.

Happy gaming everyone!

Joy

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 18, 11 1:05 AM
Played the demo and I like it. I like the first one too. It's spooky and the HOG scenes are easy to see.

I can't remember how the first one end. Someone knows?

DL was fast!

NICNACNOO78
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by NICNACNOO78 on Aug 18, 11 1:29 AM
Looks great and 'insomniac' is another word for me...sleep is for the dead! PMSL
Trying but will buy in a week - have 5 on the go at the moment!

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Aug 18, 11 1:37 AM
What a weird game. If you haven't already done so, you need to play the first game. Even though this one had flashbacks to the first one, I was super confused and I bought the first one when it came out so I obviously needed a refresher. So that being said...It basically starts off where the last left off.

What I liked:
*There are voiceovers.
*There are two modes of difficulty.
*There seem to be many things to do.
*It fits my screen.
*It has more adventure than Hidden Object Scenes.

What I disliked:
*I have finished the demo & I can't decide if I like it due to the fact its trippy and all over the place. I have no idea what is going on which is the point of the game I believe, but it gives me a headache because of that.

*It reminds me of *Pandora's Box: Hell Lock* as its by the same developers and it has almost the same music and it almost feels like a continuation of that game if that makes sense but without vampires or the map...

*I absolutely cannot stand the music

*I hated that it left off where the other started. I would have preffered something new because I don't remember the last one having that huge of an affect on me considering I don't remember it, at all.

*Lastly, you can't access the strategy guide at all until you purchase the game. Is this going to be a new thing? It was that way with Hidden Expedition too. I want to know what I am purchasing. Thanks.

All in all, I might buy the SE when it comes out but I just don't think this game is for me. I finished the sample with 18 minutes left...It just didn't reel me in. Happy Gaming to those who purchase

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 18, 11 1:42 AM
I didn't buy the first one and the story is a muddle in this one.

I played the demo in "regular" mode and the gameplay flowed easily, in that I was never in doubt where to go next or what to do.....I just could never figure out why I was doing it or what was hallucination and what was supposed be really happening....

Sorry, I liked F.A.C.E.S. way more.

Edited on 08/18/2011 at 1:58:05 AM PST

NICNACNOO78
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by NICNACNOO78 on Aug 18, 11 2:13 AM
No, i've decided to NOT BUY - megwoman has helped me with her 'less than ecstatic' review AND...just the mere mention of the 'C' word (confusing)...has me confused!

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Aug 18, 11 2:33 AM
I liked the demo. The graphics are super clear and so far no teeeny weeenie hogs.

Disappointed with [removed by moderator] for not letting us use the SG in demo mode. I have no clue on how long this game might be. If the game is complete regarding the photo book I am a little less than half done. Would not be a happy fishie with that.

The original game was really spooky hope this one is also. Didnt see that so far in the demo. I dont remember the original game as being so disjointed (lol is that a word).

I am desperate for a new game. Will probably purchase and hope its a great game.

Happy game day

Well lol I just finished the game. I did like it and it was good like the last one. It took me 5-6 hours to play but I am slow and get lost alot.
I hope the next game comes out sooner than this one did. Glad I purchased.

Edited on 08/22/2011 at 2:30:19 PM PST

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Aug 18, 11 2:44 AM
Compared to most CE games this one doesn't qualify. What is the point of a SG when the hint system takes you by the hand all the way. No challenge in this game but still fun playing for a break from others where you have to use your brain. Not a buy for me. Perhaps as a SE or a DD.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 18, 11 2:47 AM
I enjoyed the first one. And this one takes off where the first one left you. You really have to play the first game to understand the story, I know what's happening, so it make's it alot more understandable to me. The graphics are great and and the story is really interesting. And the overall gameplay, very smooth and it's somewhat easy. Of course this is a buy for me, but I'll wait for the SE. Be sure to check the first one out. At least do the trial period and read the walkthrough and that might give you clues as to what the story is. Enjoy!

FINE SWINE:
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.
‘ ‘
(o)

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Aug 18, 11 3:10 AM
I don't remember playing the first one, don't have any notes on it, and didn't buy, so probably wasn't terribly impressed. I enjoyed this one well enough, but definitely not enough for a CE! What's up with the no strategy guide in the demo? Humph. Will probably buy SE with a PC credit unless it's really short. If the original comes up as a DD, I'll take a re-look at that, too.

slotfish
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by slotfish on Aug 18, 11 3:41 AM
Played 10 minutes not a buy for me

[Post New]by Coronagold on Aug 18, 11 3:44 AM
Just from the screenshots I know I won't like it. It looks like it's one notch above urban decay. When I play an IHOG I don't want Detroit, m'kay? Something more like Empress or Drawn impresses me. Pass.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 18, 11 3:58 AM
Coronagold wrote:Just from the screenshots I know I won't like it. It looks like it's one notch above urban decay. When I play an IHOG I don't want Detroit, m'kay? Something more like Empress or Drawn impresses me. Pass.

Whoa! A little rough on Detroit....

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 18, 11 3:58 AM
I absolutely liked the first game from Twisted Lands and replayed it again this week. The second game continue the storyline and it is one the same great quality. Good graphic, good storyline, good hogscenes and puzzles. I have bought it today

luvpumpkns
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by luvpumpkns on Aug 18, 11 4:04 AM
i beta-tested this one back in june and have been waiting for it to come out ever since. i really enjoyed playing this one.

Go to: