bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Twisted Lands: Insomniac Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 18, 11 12:31 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

Re:Post any Twisted Lands: Insomniac Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Aug 18, 11 12:59 AM
Oh dear! 40 minute download, then it got stuck for ages in 'activating', then straight to 'trial expired'.

I've deleted and and re-installing the trial - better luck this time hopefully.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

Re:Post any Twisted Lands: Insomniac Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Aug 18, 11 1:05 AM
nelliegemini wrote:Oh dear! 40 minute download, then it got stuck for ages in 'activating', then straight to 'trial expired'.

I've deleted and and re-installing the trial - better luck this time hopefully.

Update - super quick second install, just starting to play now!

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Aug 18, 11 1:44 AM
Got brand new GM this am. Downloaded automatically. Thought I was downloading the new Twisted Lands and when I looked up it was the Crescent Snake. Oh well, Twisted Lands seems to be downloading pretty fast. None of my other games are showing up yet on the new GM. Just have to wait and see what happens.

12dml
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by 12dml on Aug 18, 11 2:43 AM
d/l was fast.words or what to do are blank.do not like new gm

Edited on 08/18/2011 at 3:30:47 AM PST

[Post New]by Franmama on Aug 18, 11 3:46 AM
Just aftar the movie start, this game shut down automaticaly.
It never be like this at any game before!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Aug 18, 11 3:58 AM
As I predicted: BF doesn't have enough bandwith for big files!

The download of the trial was fast (275 Mega), bought the game, and at 365 Mega got a "download time out", and the download stopped.

Very bad for decision if to buy the game or not...

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Aug 18, 11 4:18 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:As I predicted: BF doesn't have enough bandwith for big files!

The download of the trial was fast (275 Mega), bought the game, and at 365 Mega got a "download time out", and the download stopped.

Very bad for decision if to buy the game or not...

I bought the game and downloaded it in a few minutes - 5 mins at the most.

[Post New]by pixiecat2007 on Aug 18, 11 4:27 AM
Download was really fast, but when i activated the game to play the writing on the game all scrambled up so couldnt read anything. Has any one else had this problem. I bought the first game had no problems at all with it. Shame would like to have bought this game. But no buy this time.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 18, 11 4:50 AM
pixiecat2007 wrote:Download was really fast, but when i activated the game to play the writing on the game all scrambled up so couldnt read anything. Has any one else had this problem. I bought the first game had no problems at all with it. Shame would like to have bought this game. But no buy this time.
Try to unstall and than reinstall again.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Aug 18, 11 5:49 AM
Fast install under updated GM - 8 minutes total - & games runs beautifully.

Never finished the 1st one... can't recall why? Remember some good puzzles, lovely graphics, yet an awful maze/path quest among the trees to find boxes!... I'm curious about this one.
I hope it's a bit clearer per storyline than #1... kinda' disappointed there's no strategy guide access, though.

kainesis2
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by kainesis2 on Aug 18, 11 6:08 AM
Lagging and herky-jerky for me. Unplayable.

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Aug 18, 11 7:09 AM
went to download and Norton decided this file has issues which is a first with any BF game for me.

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Aug 18, 11 7:33 AM
OK.....guess it was because they downloaded a new game manager along with this game and that threw it....will have to see how it plays in a little while.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Aug 18, 11 7:45 AM
kainesis2 wrote:Lagging and herky-jerky for me. Unplayable.

sometimes if you go into: Tools and then internet options and delete: temp. files, history, cookies, etc. that helps with the lagging then empty out recycle bin.

Edited on 08/18/2011 at 7:46:44 AM PST

Divaaa
Clownfish
Clownfish
801 Posts

[Post New]by Divaaa on Aug 18, 11 8:16 AM
dootney wrote:Got brand new GM this am. Downloaded automatically. Thought I was downloading the new Twisted Lands and when I looked up it was the Crescent Snake. Oh well, Twisted Lands seems to be downloading pretty fast. None of my other games are showing up yet on the new GM. Just have to wait and see what happens.

Mine was blank also,,, so I clked on recently played games on the side,, it loaded my games,
hope this helps

D

lilflirt
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lilflirt on Aug 18, 11 9:26 AM
DO YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE THE GAME BEFORE YOU CAN ACCESS THE STRATEGY GUIDE? AM PLAYING THE DEMO AND SAYS SG IS NOT AVAILABLE

werlini
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by werlini on Aug 18, 11 10:26 AM
Launched game and played for 5 minutes with no trouble before quitting. Tried to launch again a couple of minutes later (after sending a quick email) but it did not start. Found TwistedLands*.exe was running but could not terminate via task manager and had to reboot. Could not duplicate.

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Aug 18, 11 10:57 AM
Downloaded and played the demo for about 10 minutes. Went to exit and got a blue screen. Uninstalled...................

[Post New]by SusanBStephens on Aug 18, 11 11:46 AM
DO YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE THE GAME BEFORE YOU CAN ACCESS THE STRATEGY GUIDE? AM PLAYING THE DEMO AND SAYS SG IS NOT AVAILABLE

Yes you do. Sorry

Go to: