bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any F.A.C.E.S. technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Aug 19, 11 12:12 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

Re:Post any F.A.C.E.S. technical issues here only

[Post New]by 88blyth on Aug 19, 11 1:01 AM
i am having the same problem with the game as i did with the ce...get to the first hidden object scene and the screen flickers like crazy and i cannot see the list of items to be found, i had to re-boot my pc to get out of the game...help

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Aug 19, 11 3:38 AM
I was near the end of the game where I just freed Icarus, but wasn't able to select any of the hidden items. Backed out of the room and went back in and Icarus was back again, but didn't leave this time and I still wasn't able to select any of the items. Had to completely exit the game and restart and was able to continue on.

evaree
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by evaree on Aug 19, 11 3:50 AM
I pick up the polaroid and the game hangs....annoying

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Aug 19, 11 9:19 AM
shucks my game kept on stopping (window closed). after a few of these it finally got going and then the game ended. as this wasn't or didn't even say it was a demo why did I NOT get the full hour.

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

[Post New]by Momhart on Aug 19, 11 9:40 AM
I was playing the H O scene under the bed and when I should've gotten the valve, I get an error message saying I was trying to pick up an invalid inventory item and now have no valve and no where to go.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Aug 19, 11 9:51 AM
sometimes for things like this I use the hint and then click on the object. hope this helps. forgot, you might have to have hand on a certain spot in order to get the valve.

Edited on 08/19/2011 at 9:52:21 AM PST

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

[Post New]by Momhart on Aug 19, 11 10:06 AM
crazy8club wrote:sometimes for things like this I use the hint and then click on the object. hope this helps. forgot, you might have to have hand on a certain spot in order to get the valve.

I've already finished the scene and can't get back and didn't get the valve in my inventory. Guess I'd have to start over.

edit: Spelling

Edited on 08/19/2011 at 10:08:53 AM PST

[Post New]by roxene on Aug 19, 11 3:14 PM
Got to the point where I needed a sharp object to cut the cover on the stretcher. When I couldn't find it, checked my hint and found out there was supposed to be a hdden object scene on the floor where you had to walk across the plank. I clicked all over the left side and also the right side of the scene and never did find a hidden object game. Now what do I do??

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Aug 19, 11 3:17 PM
Got to the lobby with the phone... the SG said to click on the newspaper to move it and find the button, but I can't click on it! Guess another one who'll be starting over then.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Aug 19, 11 10:06 PM
gmmace wrote:I was near the end of the game where I just freed Icarus, but wasn't able to select any of the hidden items. Backed out of the room and went back in and Icarus was back again, but didn't leave this time and I still wasn't able to select any of the items. Had to completely exit the game and restart and was able to continue on.

I had the exact same problem with the game. Will try going back into the game and try again.

angiejoy59
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by angiejoy59 on Aug 19, 11 10:48 PM
I'm playing on A Power Mac OSX 10.4.11.
I checked the walk-through before coming to the Forums to troubleshoot but discovered the problem was not due to my stupidity. It is indeed a technical problem.
I've been happily playing the game for a number of hours now without any problems and according to the walk-through I'm on Chapter Five, Way Out. I'm on the second part of that chapter in the Consultation Room which looks like a small deli. In a room off the deli I found a HOG which was supposed to place a water bottle in my inventory so that I could make coffee thereby eventually getting me a key which propels me forward in the game. I did not receive the necessary water bottle.
I side-stepped that particular problem and entered another room off the deli which appears to be a reception area. At the base of a flight of stairs there is another HOG which is supposed to place a crowbar in my inventory. It did not.
Surely there is a way for me to avoid having to start all over again? Please tell me there is and how I can achieve this happy outcome.
By the way, this isn't the first time I've had this problem with this type of game. Is this a problem across platforms or is it limited to me and my Mac? I'd like to hear from members of both platforms.

doneganart
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Game will not shut down

[Post New]by doneganart on Aug 20, 11 11:38 PM
I have tired several times to play the demo and it plays well but when I exit the game it goes to a blank screen with just the music playing. My keyboard is no longer functioning as I cannot do an alt+ctrl+del to end the game with the dialog box for all programs running. I have to instead manually shut down the computer which I DO NOT LIKE TO DO!. I have loaded and deleted the games several times, each time running a comuter/disk scan. Still the same problem. I would love to buy the game but I do not shut my computer down manually for anything except an emergency. And yes, I have plent of space and RAM (6) to run the game. Please advise. We have been getting some buggy games this year!!

Please advise.

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gwennoel on Aug 21, 11 2:57 PM
I can't get the briefcase to open in Ch. 1, I have the code ...............

Yarnalee
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Yarnalee on Aug 21, 11 4:01 PM
In the lobby (New Floors section of walkthru), I can't move the newspaper to get the 3rd elevator button.

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Aug 22, 11 5:06 AM
Had the same problem as gmmace and 4mybirds. When I played the scene with Icarus, after he disappeared, I could not pick up items in the HOG scene. I exited the game, and then restarted. This time Icarus again appeared but after fading away, I was able to play the HOG scene and get my items, so I was able to finish the game. Hope this tip helps others.

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Aug 22, 11 3:57 PM
I did the hidden object scene by the board, but didn't get the scalpel. So, no way to cut the cover of the stretcher to get the handle. I don't want to start over.

Yarnalee
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Yarnalee on Aug 22, 11 4:18 PM
sandebeach wrote:Had the same problem as gmmace and 4mybirds. When I played the scene with Icarus, after he disappeared, I could not pick up items in the HOG scene. I exited the game, and then restarted. This time Icarus again appeared but after fading away, I was able to play the HOG scene and get my items, so I was able to finish the game. Hope this tip helps others.

*sigh!* Unfortunately, that didn't help. An earlier tip suggested using the hint button, but all it says is to meet a patient on another floor to help Icarus. But I can't go to another floor because I don't have the elevator button that is under the newspaper. And the rotten newspaper does not move no matter what I try. Is there a sweet spot that I'm missing here? I know that games sometimes have extremely small activation areas and you have to be very precise where you click.

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on Aug 24, 11 3:09 PM
crazy8club wrote:shucks my game kept on stopping (window closed). after a few of these it finally got going and then the game ended. as this wasn't or didn't even say it was a demo why did I NOT get the full hour.
The demo ends when you open the window...regardless of how much time is on the clock. I had almost 20 minutes to go (out of 60) when the demo ended.

[Post New]by afayek on Aug 27, 11 1:47 PM
angiejoy59 wrote:I'm playing on A Power Mac OSX 10.4.11.
I checked the walk-through before coming to the Forums to troubleshoot but discovered the problem was not due to my stupidity. It is indeed a technical problem.
I've been happily playing the game for a number of hours now without any problems and according to the walk-through I'm on Chapter Five, Way Out. I'm on the second part of that chapter in the Consultation Room which looks like a small deli. In a room off the deli I found a HOG which was supposed to place a water bottle in my inventory so that I could make coffee thereby eventually getting me a key which propels me forward in the game. I did not receive the necessary water bottle.
I side-stepped that particular problem and entered another room off the deli which appears to be a reception area. At the base of a flight of stairs there is another HOG which is supposed to place a crowbar in my inventory. It did not.
Surely there is a way for me to avoid having to start all over again? Please tell me there is and how I can achieve this happy outcome.
By the way, this isn't the first time I've had this problem with this type of game. Is this a problem across platforms or is it limited to me and my Mac? I'd like to hear from members of both platforms.

Go to: