cardano
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

What features would you like to see in the sequel?

[Post New]by cardano on Jan 3, 09 8:27 PM
So far I got:

1. Untimed mode
2. Sandbox mode
3. Improvement on interface graphically

This is your chance to share and discuss what you like to see implemented in the next iteration! All suggestions are welcomed.

parriepenn
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:What features would you like to see in the sequel?

[Post New]by parriepenn on Jan 5, 09 2:39 AM
This game is just about as close to perfect as they get. Congratulations. The level of difficulty is challenging without causing me despair, too. The only thing I noticed is sometimes I'll demolish instead of upgrade by accident.

I love this game. It has great replay value, too.

[Post New]by hayward_deb on Jan 19, 09 10:40 PM
All the same features, just lots more levels to play.

[Post New]by trelana on Jan 26, 09 11:04 PM
I've no clue of the feasability of this, but I'd absolutely love to see the ability, once all levels (bonus and campaign both) are completed in expert mode, to create user-generated levels and share them amongst players.

[Post New]by pucci_quicci on Feb 4, 09 9:45 PM
I agree completely with parriepen: This game is near perfect, challenging without causing despair, great replay value.
But like hayward_deb, for the sequel I'd like lots more levels to play while retaining all the same features.
Unlike cardano, i don't want any graphical improvements because the whole thing is just so cute the way it is.
I don't know how many times I've played this game over and over again although I do own other games. This, together with the Build-A-Lot series, is among my favorites and I'd like to know if hayward_deb, parriepenn, and cardano have other similar games that they would like to suggest.

popi42
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by popi42 on Feb 19, 09 5:12 PM
i loved this game !! i m anxious for sequel...Perhaps a suggestion for better graphics ...and more levels...but no matter ..get the sequel nnnnooooww..lol

[Post New]by PhaedrasPhantasy on Feb 22, 09 12:13 PM
popi42 wrote:i loved this game !! i m anxious for sequel...Perhaps a suggestion for better graphics ...and more levels...but no matter ..get the sequel nnnnooooww..lol

Yesterday even! Perfect, just more, more, more!

[Post New]by palidef on May 13, 09 10:35 AM
Does anyone know when the sequel is coming out? Out of the hundreds of games I have played and bought, this is my favorite. I have played it again and again as a way to relax, yet it is challenging enough to keep me entertained for hours.

[Post New]by TwinCobra on May 15, 09 4:00 PM
I love this game!!!!!

What features?
1] The only thing I'd like to see more of is... more levels!
Because it seemed like there was a *new* unit or building each level, I never really got appreciate the bonus effects an upgraded academy or the area bonus of the 'pond'. I mean, I understand them, but a few levels in between each new thing introduced would have helpful (plus make the game last a little longer.)

2] Another feature I'd like to see is a customization tool that would allow more unit slots for a building. So, let's say you pay 500 coins to buy an "Expansion Kit." You could then take Expansion Kit and put it on a brand new market, which has (3) available slots, and presto! You now have (4)! It's kind of like having a scholar upgrade, but faster, and would allow a maxed-upgraded building to have one more slot.

3] Purchasing of gems. We can buy and trade gold & wood, why not gems? If nomads sold land for gems, maybe they would like to buy it for gems?

4] Some sort of Hero unit. As you progress through the levels, you get an option to have (just 1!!) a Hero of your choosing. The Hero would be an advanced version of the Scout (+ gems) or the scholar (+ upgrade points) or Cultivator, etc, etc... and would follow you from level to level. You should also get to name the Hero!

5] Random items from buildings. For example, a Mine could uncover a large, valuable gem, or the Academy could stumble upon an Upgrade scroll. Or maybe even an item you can 'equip' on the Hero, to further increase their power.

6] Fisherman unit. Seems logical enough - provides food like a worker, but requires a Dock building (on the edge of some lake/river.)

7] Granary building. It would store excess food that you draw upon automatically if someone was about to starve. So, say for example, you are achieving 40 food per cycle, but only have 10 units, that's 30 going to waste! A percentage of that could be kept in the granary.

Well, anyways that's a few ideas off the top of my head. Back to the game!

gemangus
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by gemangus on May 22, 09 8:33 AM
i just want a sequel. more levels is always appreciated and would be great, but where is the sequel?

[Post New]by hayward_deb on Jun 9, 09 6:08 PM
The feature I would like most is to have it available now. Any updates on the sequel?

[Post New]by sixpack1218 on Jun 16, 09 10:50 AM
I would like to see full screen mode

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Jun 16, 09 10:53 AM
Excellent game!!! Can't wait for the sequel! Later this Summer or early Fall perhaps?
I love timed strategy games, but adding a no timer mode would clearly boost game sales.

gammafish
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by gammafish on Jun 19, 09 1:03 AM
I think the bonus levels could use a little something different or extra. More story or to them or a reward for finishing quickly.
For example: say you finish stage 1 with the speed flag and open up the bonus stage. If you finish the bonus stage 1 with the speed flag, you get an extra scout or something at the start of stage 2.

I also have to agree with the other opinions. Even if the exacts same graphic icons and game engine were used, I'd still love it.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Aug 18, 09 10:41 PM
I also play this game more than any other. As for the person who said they'd like to see it in full screen - I'm playing it in full screen now...but I would really like it if it were available for Mac, since I very rarely use the W word. Has anyone ever heard any official word on whether they actually will do a sequel? With all the games out there that arent as good as this that DO have sequels, it'd be a shame if they didn't make one. It has Excellent replay value.

dagai
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by dagai on Aug 18, 09 11:31 PM
I would just love a sequel to this game. I play it over and over to relax.

[Post New]by waltzxtx on Oct 19, 09 12:22 PM
MORE LEVELS!

Otherwise, "Practically perfect in every way."

[Post New]by pucci_quicci on Nov 4, 09 1:32 AM
If you folks enjoyed Forgotten Lands: First Colony as much as I did, then you ought to try My Kingdom For The Princess and Aztec Tribe.

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Dec 6, 10 10:13 AM
I enjoyed playing this game as far as I could but at my age I guess I'm not fast enough to finish all levels. Try as I might I couldn't get much more than half way through. I would love to play a sequel but only if there is untimed as well. I just don't understand why developers don't/won't accomodate all players!

Flinders
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Flinders on Dec 13, 10 7:24 AM
Don't know how I managed to miss this thread. One of the things I like the best about this game is it's not necessary to be fast to get a yellow flag. I've played it well over 100 times and only the last two bonus levels give me any trouble. It's so relaxing. One thing that drives me nuts is the character popping up to tell me something and getting in the way, the worst is bonus level 10 when I'm trying to staff a market with leaders. Other than that all I want is more.

Go to: