[Post New]by CasualGran on Aug 20, 11 12:21 AM
Go ahead fishies!

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

Re:Comments for Spirit Soup: The Queensbury Curse

[Post New]by CasualGran on Aug 20, 11 12:27 AM
Played 10 minutes of the trial and stopped to use a gamecoupon on it.
Nice game with crystalclear graphics, an interesting enough story, tolerable music and untimed gameplay.

A light adventure/hidden object game this time and i could use one after all that dark stuff we've seen lately. Okay, there are ghosts involved, but the atmosphere isn't heavy or depressing and there were no skulls in the first scenes thank goodness.

Have no idea how long this game will be but frankly, I don't care.

Happy gaming!

CasualGran

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Aug 20, 11 12:45 AM
enjoying it too...how i WISH i had a game coupon OR some money at least!!!

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Aug 20, 11 12:52 AM
88blyth wrote:enjoying it too...how i WISH i had a game coupon OR some money at least!!!

Hi 88blyth! Believe me, I know how you feel. I haven't got much money to spend on games also. But I still had 1 coupon, so I'm lucky today.

Wish you strength.

CasualGran

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Aug 20, 11 1:18 AM
Hello all.

I too am enjoying this game immensely & luckily for me I have a punch credit spare & my monthly one is due tomorrow if MKFAP3 comes out.

It reminds me of an old abandonware game I used to play, Eric the Unready, although not as funny as that one, this is still very cute & the ambience really makes you feel you are in the medi evil era.

But I am stuck already

Secora3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Secora3 on Aug 20, 11 1:29 AM
I have played this game before. Is Big Fish pulling the wool over our eyes? saying it's a new release when in reality it is not? Was it released under a different name?

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Aug 20, 11 1:33 AM
88blyth wrote:enjoying it too...how i WISH i had a game coupon OR some money at least!!!

Hi there 88blyth, I've sent you a PM.

Jin

[Post New]by gamineannie on Aug 20, 11 1:33 AM
Morning! This is a fun game and my monthly credit just got used.
Casual Gran, I can tell you skipped the tutorial, cause the first scene of that had TWO skulls and a handful of spiders crawling around. And a spooky guy who jumps out at you!
Didn't you just love the little flytrap?
Well the game just activated, so I'm off to see if I can figure out what to do next.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Aug 20, 11 1:39 AM
Secora3 wrote:I have played this game before. Is Big Fish pulling the wool over our eyes? saying it's a new release when in reality it is not? Was it released under a different name?

did you possibly play the beta on it last year.

i beta tested this game last year and i am glad it finally came out as i have been waiting for it. it is a cute little game. no hand holding as i have just went every where around the village. will be buying this one.

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Aug 20, 11 2:13 AM
gamineannie wrote:Morning! This is a fun game and my monthly credit just got used.
Casual Gran, I can tell you skipped the tutorial, cause the first scene of that had TWO skulls and a handful of spiders crawling around. And a spooky guy who jumps out at you!
Didn't you just love the little flytrap?
Well the game just activated, so I'm off to see if I can figure out what to do next.

You're right! As soon as I continued I discovered my first skull!
But... at least this game doesn't feel dark. It's a joy to play!

Bidme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Bidme on Aug 20, 11 2:16 AM
This makes a nice change, It reminds me of The Fool. This is a buy for me.

anubischick
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by anubischick on Aug 20, 11 2:42 AM
This one is fun, and light (mostly) though to the arachnophobes out there, there's a scene with a lot of the little buggers, but you do get to spray them to death and they make a satisfying squeal when you do.

Lucy_Q
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy_Q on Aug 20, 11 4:23 AM
I beta-tested this one, and loved it. However I don't remember it being as "intuitive" as it is - the help hint usually doesn't! The map's not a great help either. Maybe I've got worse as a player... or else they've made it harder.

However I think it's still worth using a reward on.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Aug 20, 11 5:09 AM
I remember doing the beta over a year ago and thought it was a fun game at the time. Is this still the original game??? Or is it a sequel, and I missed the original?

If this is the original, it certainly sounds like they spent their year well, polishing and making it more of an adventure and - really??? - no handholding??? That will make it a must buy for me!!

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Aug 20, 11 12:02 PM
Finally, another game like The Fool. The story line is about a cursed town but the game is not dark and dreary. It is nice to play a game that is bright and fun to play. The hand is a little difficult to work with but that is a minor annoyance. This is a buy for me even if the fast players can complete the game in two hours. I am a slow player so it will probably take me five to six hours. I take my time, look everywhere and retrace my steps just in case something new pops up or I missed something before. I don't know how much running around there is to do but no matter what it is it won't bother me because the game is bright and light. It is worth a full credit to me

spiritgamer
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by spiritgamer on Aug 20, 11 12:33 PM
at the end you see a bird or a bat flying and it asks "or is it?" (the end, I guess).

Sequel possibly?

QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Aug 20, 11 1:41 PM
i am having many problems with this game. it is freezing up and then allowing me to move on later. i waited for the "skip" to fill up on "open the key box puzzle" and when i clicked on skip the whole thing went away and it is still waiting for me to solve the puzzle again in front of the monk. you can not move on to something until you read the dialogue or find the code to open. and if you try to skip it you can not move on. i find it very controling, annoying and deleted it with 41 minutes of the demo left. no buy for me.

Go to: