cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 20 August 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Aug 20, 11 12:53 AM
Any comment fishes?

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Todays DD 20 August 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 20, 11 1:29 AM

I didn't play the first two in this series so, I am glad they have a recap of the plot and final events of those stories in the introduction to the game.

Now that I've demo'd this, I really enjoyed its clear graphics and story progression - plus the DD price so, I've snapped it up!

Thanks BFG!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 20, 11 3:21 AM
I like this series. There are 3 in the series and I just beta tested the 4th. And boy are we in for a treat in the 4th edition. They have really upgraded the game in the 4th edition. But I like this game and the first 2. The graphics are clear and the story and sounds are spooky. This game is really worth the DD price. Be sure to check out all 3 in this series. With this said....yes they are a tiny tiny bit dated....only compared to the the new CE's. But older classics are still worth buying and playing. So be sure to check this game out and Enjoy!

I rate this game: "PIGLET"

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,Adventure . For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Aug 20, 11 3:59 AM
Thanks for the info Love to Miss Lisa

I bought the second one but didn't get round to buying this one so at DD price it really is a good buy. Good news about the 4th one - I'll look out for that.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 20, 11 4:41 AM
Belladonna32 wrote:Thanks for the info Love to Miss Lisa

I bought the second one but didn't get round to buying this one so at DD price it really is a good buy. Good news about the 4th one - I'll look out for that.

Glad your enjoying them Belladonna32. The 4th one is really awsome! Can't wait.

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Aug 20, 11 6:37 AM
Despite many fishes hating this series....(not talking about the fishies raving about it in this thread....).This is the series that started my Hog loving.....

I got Haunted Hotel for free....and have snapped up any future editions as fast as they come....

And as soon as the fourth crash lands into my arms I will be off and running with it to the checkout....

Very atmosperic, great hog....and frankly despite it being dated....which for me...this game is just fun....it's a steal at the price

highly reccomend....i would buy it....but as soon as it came up on the website to buy....I bought at full price.....

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Aug 20, 11 1:54 PM
I couldn't load this on my old pc and it's the only one I'm missing in this series. I was so glad to see it today as the DD. Great price for a great game!

silentpages
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by silentpages on Aug 20, 11 4:21 PM
This is my first experience with the series. I love it! There are HOG scenes where you can turn your brain off/ eyes on at just the right intervals. The puzzles are not too easy or hard. I am almost finished now after several hours & only used the walkthrough once! Buy it!!

RivenWolfe
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by RivenWolfe on Aug 20, 11 4:33 PM
I tried this way back when I first joined, I remember that I enjoyed it but cannot for the life of me figure out why I didn't grab it with a credit or a coupon. Maybe because I went game silly when I first joined then deleted a heap of ended trail versions to make room for LFGs a few months later.

I haven't played the others in the series, mainly because any HOG with a "find list" on the side of the screen bores me silly so I don't bother trying them.
But from what I recall I had a lot of fun playing this, and it's a grab as today's DD if you liked the other games in the series or like the darker HOGs.
As for the game play, I won;t be playing it until I have todays real life stuff all finished, and I can't for the life of me remember too much about the plot or the game other than enjoying the game and meaning to grab it at some stage.
It was a nice surprise it see it offered as a DD.

Happy gaming all.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Aug 20, 11 6:23 PM
Couldn't quite get into the first one, bought the second, and am thrilled that this was the DD for today. Started playing and bought as soon as the demo time ran out. I reccommend it! Love that they recapped the story, though. Sometimes I forget in between.

When I saw this as the DD I figured they would be coming out with another. Glad to see in this thread that it is a good one!

Happy gaming, fishies!

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Aug 20, 11 8:26 PM
I must be odd (wo)man out - the game's graphics are very crisp and clear and gameplay is very straightforward but there is just something very boring about this game. And I played in expert mode. Maybe I'm just not in the mood or maybe I've just played too many of these kind of games but I just found the solutions so predictable and the **** scenes too easy.

Oh well, I really wanted to like it... Everyone enjoy and happy gaming!

LOL - the **** is H O (scenes) funny stuff

Edited on 08/20/2011 at 8:27:32 PM PST

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Aug 21, 11 9:50 AM
This is the first $2.99 bargain game that I have tried and bought. Most of them I already have. But this one pure gold. You don't find one like this everyday. Thank you BFG.

NICNACNOO78
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by NICNACNOO78 on Aug 21, 11 1:16 PM
What's a game called when it is just assorted c...i mean...assorted rubbish? Correct me if i am wrong but...an electrcal fan, a beef salad roll, in a bathroom? I hate it when a great game gets...laughable!

Not THIS game, wrong one! Liked this one!!!

Edited on 09/03/2011 at 4:09:33 PM PST

Go to: