Game Stub

[Post New]by baglady159 on Aug 20, 11 6:16 AM
Waiting on download and again I have to ok a game stub thingy. Now its downloading the game manager. I just had to do this on my last trial so not sure why I have to do it again.
Well dang, now I have error code 772... wouldn't you know.
But does anyone know why the game stub thing has to be downloaded again?

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

Game Stub

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Aug 20, 11 6:18 AM
baglady159 wrote:Waiting on download and again I have to ok a game stub thingy. Now its downloading the game manager. I just had to do this on my last trial so not sure why I have to do it again.
Well dang, now I have error code 772... wouldn't you know.
But does anyone know why the game stub thing has to be downloaded again?

Same here,every time I download a game the game manager is also redownloading! What's up with that?

Re:Game Stub

[Post New]by baglady159 on Aug 20, 11 6:28 AM
I have never had an error while downloading a game and now I have an error 772 and it says I need to have "additional priviledges or administrator access"...what the heck is that?

Kukikat
Clownfish
Clownfish
711 Posts

[Post New]by Kukikat on Aug 20, 11 6:55 AM
A new version of Game Manager was released yesterday, that's why is installing a new game stub.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 20, 11 7:02 AM
Kukikat wrote:A new version of Game Manager was released yesterday, that's why is installing a new game stub.

I was just going to comment on that when I read the above exchange.

That would make sense to me if I only had to install a new game stub yesterday, but I had to do it again today. Now I am wondering if it's going to be a daily thing.

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Aug 20, 11 7:05 AM
Right click on Game Manager. Click on "Properties". Click on run as administrator. Hopefully that will clear up the downloading problem.

[Post New]by baglady159 on Aug 20, 11 7:33 AM
Mamalita wrote:Right click on Game Manager. Click on "Properties". Click on run as administrator. Hopefully that will clear up the downloading problem.

I'm right clicking everywhere on the game manager and nothing happens. No drop-down box or anything.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 20, 11 7:45 AM
baglady159 wrote:
Mamalita wrote:Right click on Game Manager. Click on "Properties". Click on run as administrator. Hopefully that will clear up the downloading problem.

I'm right clicking everywhere on the game manager and nothing happens. No drop-down box or anything.
Closefirst the GM, than right click.

[Post New]by baglady159 on Aug 20, 11 7:57 AM
Thanks dobbiemijnboekje...that must have been a brain fart on my part. But even after changing it to administrator, I still can't download the trial. Still getting the 722 error. Reinstalled the game manager too. Oh, well, sent a note to BF and maybe I'll hear from them in 2-3 days.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Aug 20, 11 8:27 AM
baglady159 wrote:Thanks dobbiemijnboekje...that must have been a brain fart on my part. But even after changing it to administrator, I still can't download the trial. Still getting the 722 error. Reinstalled the game manager too. Oh, well, sent a note to BF and maybe I'll hear from them in 2-3 days.

Same here, went to wrong icon. forgot it's not the one I use; that I had to use. My game froze at the monk. un-installed and re-installe

All these changes are not good for the PC's. Hopefully they'll give us long break from having to do this over and over again. Taking up to much space on PC.

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Aug 20, 11 8:33 AM
I had to load the new game stub twice yesterday because i downloaded two trials. Again it wiped out all my progress (89 levels) in Cradle of Rome. Got a message in to CS, but I'm getting sick of this!

[Post New]by baglady159 on Aug 20, 11 8:56 AM
I agree kinget. Downloaded the game stub yesterday with that trial and again today with this one. Seems kind of useless.
But did everything BF said to do (clicked on admistration access, reinstalled game manager) and still no download (error 772). Finally just restarted computer and now the game is downloading.
Seems like too much trouble to me.

[Post New]by baglady159 on Aug 20, 11 8:57 AM
I agree kinget. Downloaded the game stub yesterday with that trial and again today with this one. Seems kind of useless.
But did everything BF said to do (clicked on admistration access, reinstalled game manager) and still no download (error 772). Finally just restarted computer and now the game is downloading.
Seems like too much trouble to me.

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Aug 20, 11 9:30 AM
and i thought it was just me
yesterday ..new GM .
today new GM
does anybody know exactly why this is happening cuz it is getting to me now

nyc240
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by nyc240 on Aug 20, 11 1:08 PM
I despise the new GM--it's slow, it's ugly and I believe it is causing problems with games. Why can't we just have the old stable GM back?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 20, 11 1:14 PM
Hello everyone,

If you are receiving a 772 error, please take a look at the following help article to see if running the Game Manager as administrator might help:

Errors: 769, 772

If this doesn't help, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) for more assistance.

As there is a tech issues thread at the top of this Game Forum, I'm going to lock this thread, but please feel free to post any further technical issues or questions here.

If you would like to post about the Game Manager, you're welcome to do so in the following thread:

Game Manager v3.0.1.44 (PC) / 3.0.1.6 (Mac) Information and Update Thread

Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: