Sign-In loop

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Sign-In loop

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 21, 11 12:13 AM
Hi there,
No matter who I try to approach being able to trial or DL this game, I keep getting a pop-up window for new members and have to sign-in. As you can see, I can sign in to the forums etc.
Anyone else with this problem? Or a suggestion?
No cheers for me at the moment.
Edited to add, every time I move away from the forums to go to PC Downloads or Try this game above this, the poop-up appears. (OK I know it should be pop-up!! )

Edited on 08/21/2011 at 12:16:16 AM PST

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

Re:Sign-In loop

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Aug 21, 11 12:28 AM
Possibly try again. I did not have an issue. Vista and Cox high speed. However I have only played 5 minutes to see if I would have any problems. So far I am not impressed. Graphics appear to be crisp and clear, but no story line build up. Something is off but I can't put my finger on it. Just no build up like a CE usually has. I bow to your review skills......

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Aug 21, 11 12:31 AM
I had a similar problem this morning, DLO.
I managed to reach the D/L-game-page in an logged-in status by opening the next one by right-clicking / open in new tab from the one where I was logged-in (as you are, too, by posting here), then it inherited the logged-in status. Not from my bookmarks or anything else. The game is downloaded now.
HTH

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 21, 11 12:32 AM
I have no problems, DLO.

lauriedoss
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by lauriedoss on Aug 21, 11 12:51 AM
Before the newest GM install I never had to sign in to do anything. Now I get the "must be a game member - create account or sign in" everytime I need to go beyond the PC downloads page. I don't care how many times I check " keep me signed in", I still have to keep signing in. Nope, it's not just you.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 21, 11 1:00 AM
Hi there lauriedoss,
I'm sorry that you too are experiencing problems, but I'm not sure if it is a GM thing (or not!!). Everything was working OK last night and earlier today.
Hm

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 21, 11 1:04 AM
Maybe I'm mis-understanding what you meant, in which case I apologise in advance! But to play a TGT don't you always have to sign in first to d/l the trial? With some SE's you don't have to but with CE's you always do. I signed in first and got the d/l trial version screen ok.

And by the time I wrote this the trial has downloaded and installed! The upgrade to the GM has certainly improved d/l speed!!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 21, 11 1:05 AM
_DD_ wrote:I had a similar problem this morning, DLO.
I managed to reach the D/L-game-page in an logged-in status by opening the next one by right-clicking / open in new tab from the one where I was logged-in (as you are, too, by posting here), then it inherited the logged-in status. Not from my bookmarks or anything else. The game is downloaded now.
HTH

Hi there _DD,
I tried all sorts of versions of your suggestion, but as soon as I get to any form of PC Downloads page, the bloody pop-up appears and I am not signed in.
But thanks for the suggestion.
No cheers yet

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Aug 21, 11 1:05 AM
dlo have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the game manager? i had a problem like this with the old gm and i had to uninstall it and then reinstall it and put in my log at that time and everything was fine. hope this helps and works.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 21, 11 1:06 AM
angelfish106 wrote:Maybe I'm mis-understanding what you meant, in which case I apologise in advance! But to play a TGT don't you always have to sign in first to d/l the trial? With some SE's you don't have to but with CE's you always do. I signed in first and got the d/l trial version screen ok.

And by the time I wrote this the trial has downloaded and installed! The upgrade to the GM has certainly improved d/l speed!!

Hi there angelfish,
Yes I am signed in, but as soon as I go to a download page, I am signed off (and I am a paid-up member!! LOL).

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 21, 11 1:09 AM
amj0963 wrote:dlo have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the game manager? i had a problem like this with the old gm and i had to uninstall it and then reinstall it and put in my log at that time and everything was fine. hope this helps and works.

Hi amj,
I had thought of that - but it worked OK last night, and this seems to be a problem with my sign in with the BFG website. I can access everything else but the Downloads.

RivenWolfe
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by RivenWolfe on Aug 21, 11 1:21 AM
So I am not the only person having this particular problem. Like others I've noticed that ever since the new GM came into play I've been logged out of the forums, trying to download trails and full versions, not to mention the shopping cart, I've even been logged out of the GM a few times when I've closed the darn thing. I never had the problem before, it saved and stayed saved to the site unless I had a big puter junk file clean up.
It might not be directly related to the GM as another said but I'll hazard a guess that it's the problem with a lot of us, if not a part of it. I think most of us were problem free before the new GM, well relatively problem free.
What makes it even more annoying for me, is that the email account I use for BF isn't "saved" on the site for some reason so I have to type the whole thing out before I can log in, every other email account I use comes up as I start typing but this one and it is the longest email I have. ~laughs~

I've also noticed we've had two GM updates since Friday, and I'm still having the same logging out/in problem.

Sorry I can't offer any help, DragonLadyOz, but I can sympathize.
I hope you get the annoying thing sorted out.

lauriedoss
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by lauriedoss on Aug 21, 11 1:22 AM
DLO, it started for me approx. 2 wks ago, and all I can attribute it to is the new GM. Uninstall, reinstall, bouncing around all over, makes no difference. Anytime I want to go beyond the initial game description I have to sign in again, like you. I haven't tried telling the green envelope as I figure it's just a minor annoyance, I can sign in and download or get into the forums fine. I'll be watching to see if more people have our problem.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Aug 21, 11 1:22 AM
I had this same problem several weeks ago. I think it has something to do with the automatic updates my computer gets. I couldn't stay signed in to my account and couldn't download anything. The tech support at BG worked very hard to fix my problem and finally did it. They hooked into my computer twice from their office and were able to find the problem. Something had gotten changed in my computer that wouldn't allow the downloads. I would suggest you contact them if you can't figure it out on your own.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Aug 21, 11 1:50 AM
This happens to me a lot and also when I try to talk in forums, it will say I have to verify my email or the best is when it tells me that my billing info is wrong even if I just bought something an hour prior. I have never found a way around it. I usually just have to wait until the system corrects itself and then when it does, if I remember, I'll send CS a thread that says what happened but most times I forget. Anyways, I hope it gets resolved for you soon. Happy gaming

[Post New]by juliebugs79 on Aug 21, 11 2:01 AM
I had this problem with the forums. It kept telling me that I had to sign in, then it said my email was confirmed, but when I tried to do anything it said I had to sign in again. Someone said to Sign Out, then log in. I did that and haven't had any more problems. So that might be worth a try.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 21, 11 2:19 AM
I haven't had the sign in loop for a few months, and that was before the new GM. I was signed into forums but not the buy page. I think it was a cookie problem, signed out then closed browser, signed in on the buy page, then was logged in everything else.

Well, was reading this thread first before reviews were posted and did note somebody said open another tab. Instead, I closed my browser (IExp8 on W7, opened browser then used link in Fav to get to TGT, then Sonya, Try game. Then BF stub had to install, GM 3.0 which of course I had, but let it install, then the Trial or Sample loaded just fine, fast as usual, highspeed Comcast cable.

Game running fine so far, 45 min, said I had 16 min left so must be a one hour or I'm just slow, still in Chap One.

I checked GM version, it is still the same 3.0 I had so I don't know why it had to reload except that I was starting with fresh browser, no history, cookies etc that may have been stored.
Looks like a nice game for me so hope you can get a peek. SG is accessable but only 2 chapters so no idea how long.

Song way around saying close browser and open a new one. I didn't even have to sign in showed I was already, but didn't try to buy yet.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Aug 21, 11 3:03 AM
puzzledone wrote:
.Then BF stub had to install, GM 3.0 which of course I had, but let it install, then the Trial or Sample loaded just fine, fast as usual, highspeed Comcast cable.

I checked GM version, it is still the same 3.0 I had so I don't know why it had to reload except that I was starting with fresh browser, no history, cookies etc that may have been stored.

Sorry took some stuff out but I have had the GM reload 4 times today. Anytime I download anything, it re-downloads. Not really sure why...I don't have all my games in the GM at all times because i have so many especially not the LFA's so I was adding a few in to keep me busy in the next few days and every time I clicked for it to download, GM uninstalled then installed. Nothing new I could see but I haven't had an issue with the new one...maybe its just glitchy today.

sunnyrocks
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyrocks on Aug 21, 11 4:07 AM
Ditto to everything everyone has said. I also tried to download F.A.C.E.S. and my computer shut down right at the end of the download (computer got to hot) anyway when I was able to reboot it said trial expired. I gave up, I do not like the new game manager at all, I have had nothing but problems and I'm happy for those of you that your games are installing quicker since the updates but this is not the case for me the games still download slow. I want my old game manager back or please BF fix the new one and make it SMALLER or give me the option to make it bigger.

Sign-In loop

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Aug 21, 11 6:16 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
No matter who I try to approach being able to trial or DL this game, I keep getting a pop-up window for new members and have to sign-in. As you can see, I can sign in to the forums etc.
Anyone else with this problem? Or a suggestion?

Hello DLO,

Just swimming by to say that I keep having that same problem and I am also a BFG member in good standing. As best I recall, this problem started after the new Game Manager installed itself in our computers.

This was especially annoying after our laptop computer had to go into the shop with problems. We got it out of the shop around the time the new Game Manager first came out. When we got it home, our games had to be reinstalled. I had the "Keep me signed in" box checked, but the computer wouldn't keep me signed in. Even after the virus protection program was tuned off for the game installations, the sign-in box continued to come up. I lost count of the times I had to sign in during that process... dozens and dozens of times, for sure.

Same problem on our desktop PC. I got the sign-in command when I clicked to look at TGT's offering of this CE ... and I got the sign-in command again when I clicked to reply to your forum entry.

Since it seems to do no good to check the "Keep me signed in" box on my sign-in form, I'm wondering why they bother to have it on there.

Classicaljazz

Go to: