cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 21 August 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Aug 21, 11 1:55 AM
Any comments fishes?
Went and tried the game. Starts with a HOG scene and then several levels of Match 3. Has timed and relaxed play, and music is not to irritating. Back to finish of the trial and at this price will buy.
Enjoy fishes.

Edited on 08/21/2011 at 3:00:13 AM PST

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

Re:Todays DD 21 August 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Aug 21, 11 2:31 AM
Hi,

Try here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/88627.page

The DDs are always older games. So go to the All Games Forums tab and look that game up in the alphabetical listing.

Have fun!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 21, 11 3:41 AM
This game is quit charming. And the graphics are the best of cartoon like animantions I've ever seen. This is a steal at DD prices. The voiceovers are charming and the story sweet. For those of you that are hog fans that like sweet and charming...this game is for you. It's a buy for me at this price. Be sure to give it a try. It's worth it! Enjoy!

JayTeeLine
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by JayTeeLine on Aug 21, 11 8:04 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:This game is quit charming. And the graphics are the best of cartoon like animantions I've ever seen. This is a steal at DD prices. The voiceovers are charming and the story sweet. For those of you that are hog fans that like sweet and charming...this game is for you. It's a buy for me at this price. Be sure to give it a try. It's worth it! Enjoy!

It is a buy for me too; Even though it totally throws my free credits into a tumble down turmoil!! Well, I couldn't wait until next month to take it at it's DD 2.99 price, today only....

Oh well, I'm gonna get 2.99 out of it no matter what. Really a great little game and graphics and color are worth it alone...especially if you enjoy a good match three that will take the stress out of your day and add tiny twist of interest in unexpected places.

Got my money's worth out of the demo IMO, and couldn't be happier with the DD offering today!

Thanks BFG, I love it when you thow in a little unexpected gem like this. Big smile goes here. I agree with LovetoMiss Lisa...it's a steal!

Vegtime
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Vegtime on Aug 21, 11 10:23 AM
Would love to try this game but it wont download. Has anyone else been having problems?

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Aug 21, 11 10:28 AM
I agree with most of what has been said by others. Nicely crafted, comedic voice-overs, user friendly and lovely graphics but to classify it as an H.O. is misleading. Don't get me wrong - I found it to be one of the more fun M3 style games (and most forgiving in the un-timed mode) I've ever played. Some have likened it to Tibet Quest, which I will have to check out and compare.The only thing discouraging in my opinion is that there was a little too much M3 and not enough H.O.- if they had switched up the levels more between the two, I would have grabbed it up immediately, especially for $2.99. Truth be said, I would not purchase this with a full credit, but am still deliberating whether or not to add this one at the DD price. Well off to try Tibet quest and see.

hookt
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by hookt on Aug 21, 11 12:13 PM
Cute combo of match 3/hidden object game!

A hidden object scene is added before each match 3 level. Trophies are awarded if all the objects are found.

Cute gameplay, graphics and story. You can choose timed or relaxed mode. Hint system recharges quickly. If you are not a super fast match 3 player, Genie will help.

Love the way Aladdin rides the magic carpet and the sea turtle. Each level gets progressively more difficult. Even in relaxed mode, the bonus levels are timed. So be sure and save some of your power-ups to help get thru the bonus levels. Trophies are also awarded for winning bonus levels.

Well worth the DD price. Thanks BF!

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Aug 21, 11 12:20 PM
I bought this game over a year ago, finished and thoroughly enjoyed myself. It gets more challenging as you go along but there are so many fun things about it. I have recommended it many times as one of my favorite M3s. So for a DD price, at the very least give it a whirl.

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Aug 21, 11 12:22 PM
YAY!!! I'm a guppy at last. So glad to have morphed. Always felt too "crabby"/grouchy as a lobster (heeheehee).

Edited on 08/21/2011 at 12:25:33 PM PST

[Post New]by cheddarmelt on Aug 21, 11 1:46 PM
Wow, I can't believe all the positive reviews this game is getting, despite all the horrible problems it has!

First--a lot of people can't get this game to work at all.

Second--it's listed as a Hidden Object Game, and it's something like 85% or 90% Match-three.

Third--The match-three only has four colors. Wanted a challenge? Don't look here for it.

Fourth--In the places where the game adds a challenge of any sort, so that it takes some work to get through a spot, the genie jumps in and does it FOR you. You can work on one of the few challenges available, but you don't get to see it through. The challenge is robbed from the player after a very short time. And there's no way to remove this meddling.

This game would have been tolerable for a three-dollar daily deal, if it weren't for that stupid genie that interferes. I found myself getting quite ticked off at him.

jynxy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jynxy on Aug 21, 11 2:43 PM
What a charming little game. I was entranced in the first few minutes. I love the FROG scenes and being able to play the M3 without a timer. I found it incredibly relaxing in a real time of stress and it was a definite buy for me.

Peace1369
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by Peace1369 on Aug 21, 11 4:06 PM
Hey cheddarmelt I am with you lol still trying to figure out why people were saying what a great game this is. I will usually buy any match three or time management games they put up for 2.99 but I gotta say this one was putting me to sleep. Graphics were pretty but jeez I was never challenged playing the demo at all and I play timed mode. Think I will pass for now even at the good price . To me a good Match 3 has to give at least some challenge to it. ie... My favorites are 4 elements, the Season Match games except for the final one didn't find it that great loved the first ones. Heroes of Hellas was nice and challenging also. I own one Match 3 that had exploding crows? and stuff in it and the levels would alternate but when I got this new computer I can't remember the name of it to redownload LOL. I think I played that one all the way through a few times. It must have been some type of farm based I remember it having like crows, worms, etc. and it was one that you had to clear a path to be traveled on. Let me know if my little bit of information rings a bell for someone and they know what the name of it was.

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Aug 21, 11 7:38 PM
I just finished the game. I enjoyed playing it. Yes, the genie could be annoying but I didn't have him interfere very often.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Aug 21, 11 9:37 PM
I played this game some time ago and put it on my to get list, but never got around to it! Now I have it at a bargain price and couldn't be more pleased! The graphics are colorful and the game is fun. And, I don't mind at all that the game is a mixture of M3 and H0 scenes. I'm sorry that there are some who don't like it, but happy that those who do got a great deal ! Happy Gaming All

[Post New]by hippiefishie on Aug 21, 11 10:58 PM
I like only a few Match-3 games but this one is very fun. A challenge? Maybe not. But this game is just great for relaxing and winning plus it just keeps on going. I love the graphics, the bright colors, and the music is great, compared to a lot of the other games. I also love the happiness that comes with this game. I say, it's worth at least trying because you never know, and for $2.99 it's irresistible. Although it is going to start a new punch card for me so I hope that I can fill it before the end of the month and money is tight, ha-ha, so come on Big Fish, with those great games for $2.99, I love those adventure games.

TigerJo714
Stingray
Stingray
5,122 Posts

[Post New]by TigerJo714 on Aug 21, 11 11:10 PM
I demo'ed the game and found it really fun ... cute. I like the mix of FROG / M3. It's also kinda like Tibet Quest, which I loved. Voice overs on top of everything else? Bought it; for DD prices, it's well worth it.

MaddyKat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by MaddyKat on Aug 22, 11 1:49 AM
The whole family have enjoyed playing this game, love it!

minx69696969
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by minx69696969 on Nov 12, 11 5:55 AM
A H0G game? seriously? Definately a match 3

Go to: