nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Use your map

[Post New]by nwl43 on Aug 21, 11 2:22 PM
I think that some people may be overlooking this feature. It indicates areas where things need to be done. So if you find yourself wondering around lost, check it out. It is located to the left of your journal.

Edited on 08/21/2011 at 2:24:50 PM PST

KICKI56
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Use your map

[Post New]by KICKI56 on Aug 21, 11 2:44 PM
nwl43 wrote:I think that some people may be overlooking this feature. It indicates areas where things need to be done. So if you find yourself wondering around lost, check it out. It is located to the left of your journal.

Excellent, helpful post! The map is the key to enjoying this game.

lucygirl7
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Use your map

[Post New]by lucygirl7 on Aug 21, 11 4:53 PM
I'm trying to use the map and it's not accurate. I'm finding that I need to go to Hasseim's and it doesn't show that as active on the map. So the map is very misleading and it's hard to figure out where you are supposed to go. I go to the places indicated and there is nothing to do. So the map can take a walk as far as I'm concerned. No benefit at all.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Aug 21, 11 4:56 PM
Sorry but it doesn't help me any. I go to the places where there are things to do but still get Check another location. I do that and it's the same everywhere I go. I have been to each place 10 times and am very tired of not accomplishing anything. I have the saw, hammer, oil and 1 coin. Now what. The man merchant does nothing but introduce himself. Help.

Edited on 08/21/2011 at 4:56:49 PM PST

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Aug 21, 11 5:45 PM
I didn't find the map to be inaccurate, but... Hope you eventually find your way.

deeno1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by deeno1 on Aug 21, 11 6:17 PM
bbelle...did you use the oil on the large bag that's beside the fountain? That should help you move along in the game.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Aug 22, 11 6:15 AM
I did that awhile ago. Still can't get anything except try another place. Any more help?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Aug 22, 11 6:20 AM
bbelle wrote:I did that awhile ago. Still can't get anything except try another place. Any more help?

Has Grandma told you to find the gueenberries? After that you make your way to the city gates where you spot them in a bush with a snake. When you go back to the merchant you can now ask him about the snake b gone.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Aug 22, 11 6:21 AM
All Grandma is saying is bring me the recipe. Thanks for the reply.

jennipurr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by jennipurr on Aug 22, 11 8:12 AM
lucygirl7 wrote:I'm trying to use the map and it's not accurate. I'm finding that I need to go to Hasseim's and it doesn't show that as active on the map. So the map is very misleading and it's hard to figure out where you are supposed to go. I go to the places indicated and there is nothing to do. So the map can take a walk as far as I'm concerned. No benefit at all.
If the map plus sparkles worked then I could be happy. But in the case of the knot for example, I knew I had to do something in that room, but without a twinkle, I was not sure what. I tried the knife to cut the knot, but after much wandering I finally figured out that I was to untie it. Also it took forever to find the 3rd room in the house. The map could have shown 3 rooms.

Go to: