gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

User-created walkthrough for Spirit Soup: The Queensbury Curse available here!

[Post New]by gingergal on Aug 21, 11 7:07 PM
I could only get so far as I have tech problems as I would love to replay this to do a walkthrough[/i] I can't play game any more, Sorry there is no screenshots. This won't be how the professional will tell you to do, but it will get you through the initial stage of game. Since so many people asked for something here goes..

Chapter 1

Pick up Jewellery Key on floor use on Jewellery box to right/middle of screen.
Pick up gear. in jewellery box. Note ‘mercury flytrap’ in corner of room which needs 3 flies before you can pick up magic ink. Click on locked chest and pick up fly (1/3) on front right leg. Note chest of drawer, drawer has hole . Click on stairs, right side of screen. Now downstairs. Click on note and matches on table.

Click on first tread of stairs, to get nail (1/3), and fly (2/3.) Now click on left side screen, to left of stairs. You are now in room with cupboard and shelves. Light candle on left side with matches. Click on hammer] on shelf above pumpkin. Click/zoom in on right side of barrel. Pick up fly on pumpkin(3/3). Use hammer on nail] (2/3) on side of barrel. Pick up handle on top of painting. Note a sword is missing on the empty plaque above pumpkin. Note handle is loose on cupboard.

Go upstairs (click right, then the stairs). Click on venus flytrap, feed the flies to him, collect magic ink. Put handle on drawer and pick up screwdriver and dagger.

Downstairs room to left – click on handle of cupboard, use screwdriver, then dagger then put in the gear. Open cupboard, pick up shears. (there may be something else in there)
Go downstairs, then click on right door to be outside.

Edited on 08/23/2011 at 4:00:59 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

walkthrough in progress -please contribute if you can!

[Post New]by gingergal on Aug 21, 11 7:14 PM
Chapter 2

Note mailbox needs a puzzle to open. On the thorny bush beside mailbox use shears note code. On mailbox press buttons to correspond with code. In mailbox get nail (3/3) and (thank you nwl43 my memory is bad!)
You will get a letter telling you to take something to the priest. There is a puzzle box. Solve puzzle and receive a blank page. Put ink on the page and solve a puzzle

Click on right side pillar of the fence to get a saw.

Click on rightside of screen to get to man with broken cart. Speak to him and he will ask for nails, hammer and saw. Isn't it amazing that you just happen to have them! Give them to him and he will leave. If you click middle of screen click to get fountain area. If you click on right screen you will see church straight on, and if you click right you will get soup kitchen and Granny with another merchant stall to the left.
I am sorry to tell you, your family isn't really the warm and cozy type - Granny is a bit cold. (more to come..)

Edited on 08/22/2011 at 6:22:39 PM PST

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Re:walkthrough in progress -please contribute if you can!

[Post New]by nwl43 on Aug 23, 11 5:27 AM
Get seeds from GM and take copper coin from her tip dish. Go to Hassim and buy magi-grow. Go to the town gate and place the seeds on the grave. Use the magi-grow and pick the flowers.

Go back to GM and put the flowers in the potion. Take the potion and speak to GM.

REMOVING THE CURSE FROM THE THREE STONE RINGS

HEADS UP! THOSE WHO DID NOT HEED GRANDMA'S ADVICE TO TAKE CARE OF THE TEMPLE FIRST HAVE RUN INTO PROBLEMS.

Go to the temple and drink the potion. Hit the left skull with hammer and take disc. Cut thorn bush with saw and take disc. Zoom into the white circle and place discs. Complete the puzzle. Drink the potion again.

Go to town hall area. Drink potion. Click on coffin. Look above the coffin and use saw on the sign pole. Use pole to open coffin. Look around the area for bones. Complete bone puzzle. Take the 2 discs and complete puzzle. Drink the potion.

Go to the port. Drink the potion. Get a fish from the barrel. Place it on the pile of small bones on the left of the scene. When the crab has moved to the fish, click on the tarp above to trap crab. The discs will automatically go to the curse symbol puzzle. Complete puzzle and drink the potion.

Watch the cutscene.

THE END

Edited on 08/25/2011 at 6:19:40 AM PST

anubischick
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by anubischick on Aug 23, 11 5:41 AM
Well done you two! Now we just need a mod to sticky this at the top of the forum so people can see it.

That or keep commenting to keep it at the top.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Aug 23, 11 6:22 AM
I also want to put my great big THANKS here. There is no way we could have got thru this without the work of you two. Again Thanks and really appreciate you taking the time to do this.

bbelle

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Aug 23, 11 8:15 AM
Thank you all so much for the walkthrough. I was having a "Senior moment" and needed guidance in one area, you all made it super easy to understand.
Great job all!

I've finished the game thanks to all of you. I really appreciate the time and trouble all of you took to do this.

BarbLeigh
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by BarbLeigh on Aug 23, 11 9:37 AM
I want to add my thanks also, was about to go wig shopping cause I had no hair left.

Fritzi41
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Fritzi41 on Aug 23, 11 11:17 AM
Just finished the game thanks to you two. Was a really neat, cute game but just kept having problems. Thanks sooooo much!!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:walkthrough finished for Spirit soup: the Queensbury curse

[Post New]by gingergal on Aug 23, 11 11:33 AM
A HUGE thanks to NWL43 . As I did the quick and easy part whereas NWL43 got the hard, whole game part!

I literally just got the game working (great this time!), isn't that just the way, get it working again when it's not needed LOL.

bigfisherz
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by bigfisherz on Aug 23, 11 12:58 PM
nwl43 wrote:GETTING THE REMAINING POTION INGREDIENTS

Give GM the magic ingredients and speak with her. Go to town hall and enter through the broken window. Check display case on the left. Need knob. Zoom into the skull case and take gear from the statue's hand. Zoom into the bookcase on the right. Move 5 books and take gear. Zoom into the desk and take knob. Zoom into case on the left. Place knob and nail. Open case and take gear. Take gear under chair leg. Click on lower left of desk and complete gear puzzle. Go to open skull case and take fang.

Speak to GM and head toward the port. Speak to man with cart. Head back to Hassim to buy magi-glue. Go to back room and kill spiders. You must close the shutter before you can leave back room. Get magi-glue. Give it to man with cart.

Head to the port and speak with the sailor. Zoom into log on the right. Pick up oyster and place on log. Place wet cloth on oyster and hit it with the hammer. Take pearl. Give the pearl to sailor and agree to play a game with him. You will have to play the game 3 times. Speak to the sailor again after each game. Take the amulet back to GM

I don't see a broken window in town???????? boohoo, help please.

Re:walkthrough finished for Spirit soup: the Queensbury curse (thanks to NWL43)

[Post New]by Just_1_more_puzl on Aug 23, 11 1:02 PM
Well you got it started ginger which allowed NWL to finish. Thank you both for the great help. I would have been stuck on the last wine bottle and given up if it hadnt been for the 2 of you. Great work!!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Re:walkthrough finished for Spirit soup: the Queensbury curse (thanks to NWL43)

[Post New]by nwl43 on Aug 23, 11 1:24 PM
Bigfisherz, go toward the soup stand then head right toward the castle. You will come out below the town hall. If you are at the right point in the game, one of the big thorn trees will have fallen through the window.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Aug 23, 11 4:05 PM
anubischick wrote:Well done you two! Now we just need a mod to sticky this at the top of the forum so people can see it.

That or keep commenting to keep it at the top.

No need to keep commenting, I've applied all of the sticky substance needed to keep this thread at the top.

A big thanks to gingergal and nwl43 for putting the time and energy into creating this!

-bfgHondo

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:User-created walkthrough for Spirit Soup: The Queensbury Curse available here!

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 23, 11 4:23 PM
I guess BF just made another sale. Looked like a fun game but one I could not possibly get very far on without a WT. I was just waiting and nice surprise, thanks to GAMERS who give of their time and love sharing. Just needed one more punch on August card too

Re:User-created walkthrough for Spirit Soup: The Queensbury Curse available here!

[Post New]by teacher123abc on Aug 23, 11 5:49 PM
Thank you so much to all of you who did this walkthrough and answered all of the questions for help. I really enjoyed this game but could NEVER have finished it without all of your help. thanks again.

[Post New]by craftykath on Aug 23, 11 6:46 PM
thank you a thousand times thankyou,as a newby to the games I could never have managed without a wt you are a very clever person to do a wt like you have its even better than the real wt.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Aug 24, 11 11:20 AM
SHORTEST most STUPID game ever! I wish I hadn't bought it!

Re:First 10 mins walkthrough by a very rank amateur!

[Post New]by sillywabbit12 on Aug 24, 11 1:09 PM
nwl43 wrote:I'll give it a try. One detour(hope this is ok gingergal). Back to the mailbox. You will get a letter telling you to take something to the priest. There is a puzzle box. Solve puzzle and receive a blank page. Put ink on the page and solve a puzzle. Continue toward town and help the man with the cart as gingergal said.

FIRST TRIP TO TEMPLE, SOUP STAND AND STORAGE ROOM

Continue toward temple and market. Way to market is blocked by dog. Go straight to temple. Click on the stone ring. Speak to priest give him the letter. He will give you a dog cookie. Feed the dog and continue to market.

Talk to Grandma, take key and list and go to back room. Look at box with white cubes. Take oil from top shelf. Pick up bucket. Click on left barrel and get message about white cube. Take stopper from right barrel and put in on left barrel. Use oil on rusty water pump. Fill up bucket and pour into left barrel 2 times. Take Cube(1). Use broom on spilled seeds and take cube (2). Smash green container on rt shelf with hammer and take cube (3). Use knife on wallpaper on left and take cube (4). Untie knot to get key. Visit merchant on left and explore shop.

[Post New]by sillywabbit12 on Aug 24, 11 1:11 PM
Awesome walkthrough. Many thanks. Just a little glitch....I can't seem to untie the knot to get the key. How do you do it?

[Post New]by maryclare68 on Aug 24, 11 2:38 PM
all you do is use your hand cursor, and just keep pulling the ends without the red bit, and the middle loop and then last of all the red bit will come off and the key falls down, hope you can understand this not used to doing this kind of thing.

Go to: