bfgFlounder
9,582 Posts

Welcome to Mystery in London ™ forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
Welcome to Mystery in London ™ forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery in London ™ players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mystery in London ™ forum

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Jan 1, 09 10:55 AM
I'm so glad I look around my screen....I noticed the little icon for the Mystery in London website today (New Year's Day)...so....I went to check it out.....looked very interesting.....downloaded the demo.............bought it. I really like this game. It is my first exposure to 360 but what fun and thank you BF for giving me a relaxed mode. What a joy.....recommend you check this game out....it's a really fun HO and one I'm really happy to have discovered it.

Edited on 01/01/2009 at 3:53:42 PM PST

KeysPirate
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by KeysPirate on Mar 16, 09 5:18 AM
What a great game! Another forum member recommended it to me when I lamented about all the newer games that use tacky-looking avatars. Hate 'em!

This game has it all: absolutely the best navigation tools I have ever seen -- you can easily switch from static scenes to a wonderfully easy to maneuver 360 view. And they even supply a magnifying glass so you can zoom in on objects you aren't sure of.

The "mini games" are fun rather than taxing and frustrating, and you can go back and play them again whenever you like. The authors of this game were truly innovative. Too many neat little touches to even mention. But the cats... well, you just have to see them. The scenes are multi-faceted, and they are very realistic and clear. No impossibly dark areas or fuzzy images.

The best part is that the game is educational. You learn about London as you play --- geography, history, locales.

Kudos to the game designers, programmers and testers.

[Post New]by coopster111 on Jun 21, 09 3:27 PM
I am stuck on one of the last mini-puzzles trying to put 11 pieces in a lock to open it., I believe it is chapter 18. I can place 10 of 11 pieces. Can anyone help me solve it.

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Jul 27, 09 10:40 AM
I don't know if you will ever see this but I just finished the game. Been at it off and on for about a year. Really like it! On the puzzle with locks etc I only placed 9 of the 11 and gave up checking the skip box. Lo and behold it then told me to click on the 9 pieces in the proper order and with trial and error it was fairly easy. From there on the game is very easy. Only 1 more puzzle and it is much easier. Hope this helps IF you ever get back here to see it

[Post New]by JOKER6 on Aug 1, 09 5:46 PM
It downloaded fine, but then black screen can you help

cestqui
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by cestqui on Aug 23, 09 10:13 AM
coopster111 wrote:I am stuck on one of the last mini-puzzles trying to put 11 pieces in a lock to open it., I believe it is chapter 18. I can place 10 of 11 pieces. Can anyone help me solve it.

I had the same experience - couldn't place the 11th piece. Did as laeddie suggested, and hit "skip". The puzzle then became a "click these in the correct order" challenge, with red and green lights to indicate if you've got the pieces in the right order.

I've not found a forum, walkthrough, etc., that tells what/where for that 11th piece, but at least this way you can continue the game.

Hope it helps.

nursegay
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by nursegay on Oct 6, 09 8:39 AM
Glad everyone likes it, but must admit I was disappointed with this game for the following reasons:
1. the 360 view was fun at first, as were all the locations. I got bored though with having to go back to the same locations time after time after time. You spend almost the entire game going backwards and forwards to the same old places just looking for a new batch of hidden objects. I'd hoped for something a bit more adventurous like Annabel.
2. having picked up items to go into my travelogue, I then realised that you don't actually need them for anything. Waste of time.
It's ok, passes a wet afternoon pleasantly enough, but not a particularly challenging or exciting game.

Edited on 10/06/2009 at 8:45:29 AM PST

jang343
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jang343 on Mar 16, 10 12:07 AM
JOKER6 wrote:It downloaded fine, but then black screen can you help

I had the same problem. This game simply will NOT open. It downloads fine and then goes black when I try to play it.

Is there a Mac issue ?

[Post New]by minkimal on Apr 5, 10 5:26 PM
Hi, I just wanted to let others know that I am enjoying this game a lot - I like the use of photos of real places, the 360 degree panning option, and the leisurely pace (no countdowns!). I look for games that are immersive, give me the sense of being somewhere else, and this one fills the bill. Reminds me a lot of the Anacapri games - kind of like going on an interactive vacation to somewhere really interesting.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Apr 5, 10 8:24 PM
KeysPirate wrote:What a great game! Another forum member recommended it to me when I lamented about all the newer games that use tacky-looking avatars. Hate 'em!

This game has it all: absolutely the best navigation tools I have ever seen -- you can easily switch from static scenes to a wonderfully easy to maneuver 360 view. And they even supply a magnifying glass so you can zoom in on objects you aren't sure of.

The "mini games" are fun rather than taxing and frustrating, and you can go back and play them again whenever you like. The authors of this game were truly innovative. Too many neat little touches to even mention. But the cats... well, you just have to see them. The scenes are multi-faceted, and they are very realistic and clear. No impossibly dark areas or fuzzy images.

The best part is that the game is educational. You learn about London as you play --- geography, history, locales.

Kudos to the game designers, programmers and testers.

Hi, WELCOME to the pond! Mystery In London is one of my favorite games for all the reasons you stated, plus as another poster stated,it's like going on vacation to London. I lived in England for 2 years and I can vouch that those are photos of actual places. I enjoyed the tidbits of history given,as well,and I also enjoyed the mini-puzzles that were actually fun,instead of aggravating. I would love to see more such games of foreign places like in Italy and Mexico,Ireland,ect for all of us gamers who are also 'armchair travelers'. [b]

moosish2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by moosish2 on Apr 22, 10 11:02 AM
This is my all-time favorite BFG game so far! The graphics are so completely realistic that I felt like I really was in London, visiting some of those wonderful landmarks! I liked the fact that you could choose between a 360-degree smooth-scrolling view of the places by using the on-screen ball control, or see "fixed" views of each side of the rooms instead.

The story was negligible, but I hardly noticed, since I play these games to relax. I enjoy finding the hidden objects in beautifully rendered settings; storyline is secondary to me. Getting to see exotic, foreign "sights" is a wonderful added plus for me.

Without giving TOO much away, I will tell everyone who hasn't finished it yet that after you're completely done with the game, there is an amazing, super extra-special "gift" for you that you can come back to again and again. You'll feel like you're truly visiting London.

I rate this game A+++!

floof
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by floof on May 9, 10 5:56 PM
WOW, what a great game. No tech problems, graphics clear, games simple or if you wish you can skip them. I didn't want to waste my skips so most I did. I can honestly say this is my all time favorite. Not a short game either so you really get your money's worth. Thanks BF...good job!!!

legalhelper
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,257 Posts

[Post New]by legalhelper on May 17, 10 12:42 PM
Boy, this game worked my brain! The 360 degree views made for an interesting time. The graphics were very realistic, to say the least. Worth it!

[Post New]by PAUL1107 on Jun 10, 10 8:56 AM
jang343 wrote:
JOKER6 wrote:It downloaded fine, but then black screen can you help

I had the same problem. This game simply will NOT open. It downloads fine and then goes black when I try to play it.

Is there a Mac issue ?

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Aug 1, 10 4:19 AM
I played for 50 minutes and I'm on the fence with this one. I may use one of my credits eventually but still deciding. I don't love it or hate it. I'm kind of "luke warm" in my enthusiasm for this game.

Bobbie53
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by Bobbie53 on Oct 17, 10 1:53 PM
I have played for 20 minutes and will buy this game. It is packed with a variety of information, game play and pleasant to the eye graphics. It has yet to punish me for anything. I like this in a game. It is so far PURE FUN and ENTERTAINMENT.

Thank you Big Fish. It is well worth the weekend special of $4.99.

I enthusiastically recommend this game to anyone who enjoys playing in a relaxed mode. I try not to do any other modes yet. Too many job stresses to deal with right now.

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Nov 28, 10 8:51 PM
Well, I'm definitely in the minority on this game. I didn't enjoy it, didn't find it relaxing, found myself getting frustrated and (gasp) talking to my computer screen. The hidden object scenes were just too overwhelming for me, I think. Maybe it's the 360 format that I can't deal with. I know I'm more of a linear person than a spatial one.

That being said, there are still several positive things I can say about the game.

1. The navigation tools are excellent! They really add to the game play.

2. I love the use of real photos and locations and the inclusion of all the interesting facts.

3. The puzzles were varied and fit in nicely.

4. No timer!

5. Bright colors and good contrast.

So, if you can deal with the 360 degree format, then enjoy, but I'll look elsewhere for my gaming entertainment..

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 6, 11 5:04 PM
Hi all, I enjoyed this game the first time around, bought it ages ago and have just found it again among my old games. Lovely graphics of London (only a 20 minute drive for me, on a good day!) and interesting/informative extras too.
Think I will keep this game for another re-play!
Lots of love, Pat_ric_ia x

[Post New]by CoolJax on Mar 30, 12 12:50 PM
I absolutely loved this game on all levels. However it has spoiled me for playing other games. I don't find some of the other games as challenging. Has any one heard of any more of this type of game coming out again. I love games that can give you info while you are playing the game. The only one I have coime close to for enjoyment is Play Forgotten Riddles/The Moonlight Sonates. Look under Torrent for this program.
CoolJax

Go to: