Acashy
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

Paying rent to broke players

[Post New]by Acashy on Aug 22, 11 8:43 AM
Seems a bit odd that a player can go bankrupt and leave the game, yet still keep their land and charge rent from the remaining players.

adolia
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

Re:Paying rent to broke players

[Post New]by adolia on Aug 23, 11 5:22 AM
They didn't as far as I could see. They would sell off their land before they went bankrupt

LindyMac
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by LindyMac on Aug 23, 11 6:30 AM
Acashy I noticed that too but only in the free play mode not in the challenge game, really annoying

Acashy
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Acashy on Aug 24, 11 1:14 AM
LindyMac wrote:Acashy I noticed that too but only in the free play mode not in the challenge game, really annoying

Yup, same here. Didn't find any mistakes in the challenges (other than all the players being referred to as males, but I can live with that one ;p)

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Paying rent to broke players

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 24, 11 9:30 AM
The credits show everyone except the "Editor", one Rachel Douglas, with obviously Russian (well, Cyrillic area at least) names. Too bad Ms. Douglas didn't deal better with those masculine pronouns and other weirdnesses of language.

dlindab
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by dlindab on Sep 4, 11 2:10 PM
I said in an earlier post that I love this game and still do. But the thing with a player going bankrupt with properties left on the board and still collecting rent is annoying.

dlindab
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by dlindab on Sep 5, 11 2:00 AM
It always seemed to be the first computer player, right next to my character, that had this problem. So, when setting up the game, I deleted the first computer player and then filled all the slots. All the computer players seemed to behave normally then. Don't know if this is a fix for everyone, but hope so.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 9, 11 6:41 AM
Well, I did delete the first computer person next to me, just to see if it made a difference, as Dlindab said, and IT DID !! I can't believe it.

I created 4 computer people, and deleted the first one next to me, and played with the other 3 people. And when it came to the point where the first person wasn't able anymore to pay the rent, they sold their properties instead going bankrupt right away.

Now this is much more fun ! At least now the rest of us can buy up those empty places, AND we don't have to pay anymore.

So, thank you very much for the tip, Dlindab.

Go to: