BP532
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

Post any Around the World in Eighty Days: The Challenge technical issues here only

[Post New]by BP532 on Aug 23, 11 12:46 AM
Stamp in marketplace is not responding. Therefore, I am unable to continue with game.

Edited on 08/23/2011 at 12:52:16 AM PST

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Re:Post any Around the World in Eighty Days: The Challenge technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Aug 23, 11 12:52 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

catathang
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

Re:Post any Around the World in Eighty Days: The Challenge technical issues here only

[Post New]by catathang on Aug 23, 11 6:02 AM
Why is it that when I put my name in and click play game , it takes me back to where you have to put your name??

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Aug 23, 11 6:18 AM
Downloaded the game but when i tried to play it all i got was a black screen abnd had to switch me PC off to get rid of it

Cannot select the stamp

[Post New]by bluenowhere17 on Aug 23, 11 6:20 AM
Same problem as SeaHorse

foal
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by foal on Aug 23, 11 7:58 AM
I also have a problem continuing the game, cannot pick up a sack at the station on USA section.

[Post New]by lilbit61 on Aug 23, 11 8:10 AM
I also cannot contnue because the stamp is not responding.Spent five minutes tryng to pick it up. Went out of game completely , came back in and had the same promblem.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Aug 23, 11 11:51 AM
I got as far as the train station and was trying to get the (five, I think) crates of coal. Well, one is hidden under a tarp, but the tarp will no come off. I used 3 hints, each of which told me what I already knew -- the last crate is under the tarp. Clicked endlessly, but no progress.

[Post New]by inkydotz on Aug 23, 11 11:52 AM
Just bought and was enjoying this game, but got stuck in a fork in the road in the jungle. Can choose 2 directions, both of which resulted in "dead ends" and kicked me back to the road entrance. Can't go anywhere, hint button doesn't function here nor anything else. Suggestions, please? Thanks.

For clarification, arrows I can choose (left, right) don't go anywhere, just return me to the road entrance. Don't need a 'hint' but can't progress unless I go one way or the other. I'm concerned that the left-right buttons aren't functioning.

8/24 -- Thank you nytestar (below), I'd misunderstood the objective. Played the game through, it's intriguing, challenging, totally unique, and surprisingly, has a sweet ending.

Edited on 08/24/2011 at 8:46:05 AM PST

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Aug 23, 11 3:02 PM
same problem with stamp not responding Therefore I cannot continue the demo,
Was not sure anyway if I really liked the game, but am getting desperate to spend an expiring credit as someone said previously !!! I do not seem to find a game that
says " Must Have "

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Aug 23, 11 4:24 PM
Hi fishies,

It appears that a few of you have been experiencing the same issues with the stamp not responding. We don't want something like this to ruin your experience of playing this game, and so we'd be happy to have our techs take a closer look into what might be causing this to happen.

If you could please run a Dr. Felix report and then send the results over to our Tech Support team, the information contained in these reports will help us determine if this is something that we'll need to request a new build of this game for, or if this is something that could be solved by making a few updates to your systems.

Thank you for your patience, and we'll be sure to post any updates to this situation in the forums as we receive them.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by jackhd on Aug 23, 11 5:22 PM
I'm having the same problem with the last box of coal. The tarp won't disappear when I click on it. For those of you who are having stamp problems, Click on the stamp and then click on your passport. It worked for me.

raupenban
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by raupenban on Aug 23, 11 5:37 PM
I am having problems with the stamp in the market place. I can't pick it up, or do anything with it, and can't proceed without it. Any suggestions?

SandraDaL
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by SandraDaL on Aug 23, 11 6:05 PM
On the stamp not responding issue, you have to open the passport first, then it will stamp your passport. My problem is with brightening the screen. I did brighten, but the demo ended, and now I cannot get my screen back to its original shade of "brightness". Is there a way to resolve this issue?

[Post New]by nytestarr on Aug 23, 11 11:07 PM
I got thru the whole game with no problems AFTER finally figuring it out. In the woods where you have to go one of two ways, check the map in the bottom right corner. There is a red dot where you are. When you click on one of the arrows, watch to see which way the red dot moves. You THINK you are just going around in circles because it all looks the same. As far as all the stamps, click on the stamp then on the passport from the inventory. IN the coal bins,the on you can't find is behind the bundle. that sceen has 3 layers. IF you hold down the mouse button and move the sceen to the left or right you will see the coal bin Hope this helps.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Aug 24, 11 2:39 AM
This game recommends brightening your screen, so I did. The problem appeared when I closed the game and noticed that my desktop did not look right! Way too bright almost to the extent of distorting my icons somewhat. I tried auto adjusting my monitor and that did not fix it. However, a few minutes after closing the game and while playing another game the screen finally normalized. I have brightened games before (the few times devs make this option available) and when the game closed it would automatically switch back. I've even had games automatically change my resolutions and then switch it back on closing. BUT not this game!
Is this a glitch? I've seen a couple of other fishies mention this problem and am wondering if it is something that is going to be corrected by the devs. I really enjoyed the game but I am reluctant to get a game that is going to cause problems with my pc! Please let us know!
Thanks, BK

eta: As this problem still has not been addressed(9-2-2011) this is a DELETE for me. Sorry but don't need a game that adversely affects my pc after the game is closed!

Edited on 09/02/2011 at 1:11:23 PM PST

[Post New]by moonwalker97478 on Aug 24, 11 12:41 PM
i'm stuck on the stamp when are you gonna fix it of course it didn't happen till i bought the game.BF really you need to check the games before putting them out

[Post New]by jladyref on Aug 25, 11 5:26 AM
I am having the same "black screen problem. I uninstalled it and re-installed it and same issue. I can hear some music and was able to delete it to get out of it, but cannot make the game work.

[Post New]by susannejette on Aug 25, 11 6:48 AM
foal wrote:I also have a problem continuing the game, cannot pick up a sack at the station on USA section.[/quote Hello everyone..... foal, were you able to get it fixed.... I am having the same problem.... Thanks

Ask70
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Ask70 on Aug 25, 11 1:58 PM
I got stuck in the jungle too..Of the two options I got after leaving the place where you pick the bananas, the right hand one goes to a dead end (shown on the map lower right corner, no arrows for moving forward) and the other back to square one (no map only going left option).
Is it as easy as me missing that I could 'scroll' further left or right?

Go to: