Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

Bright graphics. Great storyline. Looks like fun.

[Post New]by Lauralei on Aug 23, 11 3:36 AM
I pretty much hate HOG's because of their dark scenes and gloomy stories but this one is bright, cheerful and looks like a lot of fun, a combo of **** and puzzles. I've always loved Verne's story of Phileas Fogg and Passepartout and their travels around the world. The game lets you join the adventure. There is a great video walkthrough out there with nice commentary in case you get stuck. A little star, not hard to find, in each scene gives you a hint (and you have that walkthrough). I just played through a couple of scenes and puzzles and really enjoyed it, probably because the hidden objects weren't buried in dark corners and the puzzles were fun.

You all sound like expert ''hoggers'' who definitely know your stuff but the piling on negative comments aren't helpful to the developer or other gamers who might like to give it a try. The same thing often happens in forums for adventure and large file games. ''This game stinks. I don't know what to do next!'' Well, for lovers of adventure games that's the whole point, exploration and opening the story like an onion.

Anyhow, I'll return to the game after I pick up one of my little guys from the vet. (he'll be fine) and encourage fishies to try the game for themselves. You might enjoy it.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Bright graphics. Great storyline. Looks like fun.

[Post New]by sassylassie on Aug 23, 11 5:10 AM
I played everyone of this developer's games, and I really like them. It's a nice little change from the dark and gloomy even though those are my faves lol. I have been playing HOGS for 6 years now so really it's your preference of the game

Edited on 08/23/2011 at 5:20:25 AM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Bright graphics. Great storyline. Looks like fun.

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 23, 11 9:30 AM
Hey Lauralei,

Thanks for posting your review, we appreciate the feedback. Just wanted to come by and let you know that there is a Reviews thread in the Game Forum which is the perfect place to share your thoughts about the game. You can find it at the top of this Forum, or you can click here.

To keep things tidy, I'll be locking this thread, but please feel free to re-post your review in that thread. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 08/24/2011 at 9:11:34 AM PST

Go to: