TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Reviews for Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost

[Post New]by TeamSD on Aug 24, 11 1:37 AM
At first, i didn't expect this game to be THIS great, i thought it's just a normal light adventure game! Graphics in this game are very clear and beautiful, story is exciting and puzzles are also fun. It's a mix of light Adventure with spooky atmosphere and some surprise scenes!There're voice overs and they're actually pretty great, i also love the music of the game! Yes, it's definitely a BUY from me but if the game has a Hint button i will rate it A*!

Grades:

Graphics: A
Story: A
Music: A*
Puzzles: A
Fun: A*
Gameplay: A
Overall: A

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Edited on 08/24/2011 at 8:37:44 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Reviews for Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 24, 11 1:45 AM

A nice light point and click adventure with no static H0 scenes. The H0 play is only to pick up inventory items.

Two options:
1. casual (hand-held guided)
2. free range, no guided hand holding.

You can pick up inventory items anywhere you're allowed to go, whether you need them right away or not - a plus. And there are good voice-overs.

I really enjoyed the demo and this looks to have decent length. Plus there's a bonus area separate from the game that has all the puzzles so you can replay them without the story after you play the game.

A big BUY for me!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Aug 24, 11 2:03 AM
No, I won't buy this game (already stuck in the statue assembly ), but I have some compliments for it:

1) there is a map to move among places.
2) there is a GUIDE (in the journal), which helps you if you are stuck - not walkthrough, but almost.

Of course I miss my HOG scenes, but tomorrow is my day...

Happy gaming Adventurers!...and don't whine tomorrow that there are too many HOG scenes...

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Aug 24, 11 2:05 AM
Good Morning all.

Oh my what an unexpected little game this is. I played for 1 hour and 3 mins (yes I bought it )

The start options are the usual fare, music, sounds, curser, full screen etc.

You are given the option of casual mode or adventure & the adventure mode offeres a more intense dialogue to add to the story. you are also offered a basic tutorial.

It is an adventure game where you have to find things & use them but no actual H.O scenes so far.

It took my my hour 3 mins to complete the first ghost out of 6 on adventure & that will include a quick trip to the necessary and making a cup of coffee. I am not a fast player but like to take my time & really enjoy the game. I don't think this game is difficult but it keeps your brain ticking over nicely.

The minigames are quite good, and faily original. Although skipable I never got frustrated although I had to re do a few of my last ones. Some I had never come across & there is a really good puzzle whare you have to count the cubes in a shape, different again.

The hint system is in the journal. It will tell you what your tasks are & have under them clickable questions to give a hint how to go about it.

Now getting onto the game its self, this one scores A for weirdness LOL. You are hunting 6 ghosts with the aid of a statue with powers.

The graphics are very cartoony. Infact I would say this story is a cross between Disney and The Amityville horror. It is a dark as it is humerous. There is a very funny moment with a pianist in the first room & I just found the following spoiler hilarious. (Highlight to read)

The first ghost has to go to the hall of death or somewhere like that & his love is about to be sacraficed. It turns out he was responsible for her death. When he saves her she says its too late, there is no going back to how they were LOL..

One word of warning, when I was booted off after my hour was up, I came back into the game & thought my progress had not been saved. It had, it just restarted me as the default player.

Although this could be described as dark it appeals to my sense of humour so much. I think the game possibly makes use of irony, I'd love to know what you all think.

Jojo

Edited on 08/24/2011 at 2:07:42 AM PST

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Aug 24, 11 2:13 AM
I enjoyed this game. It was more of an adventure game than an HOG but a pretty easy one to follow and there was help if you needed it. The mini games were a little different with a couple I didn't care for. But the graphics and music were good . Usually I don't like cartoonish games, but this one was okay. I would rate it an 8 out of 10.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 24, 11 2:51 AM
I really like this game. It's an adventure game with cartoon like graphics, but good graphics. Voiceovers add alot to the atmosphere and I really love games with voiceovers. It's challenging enough and the puzzles are somewhat easy. It's very cute and humorous. The options of two modes of play...casual or adventure severs everyone...the begginer and the advanced player. This is a must try for sure and a buy for me. I think it's a very enjoyable and fun game. There's been some better games lately. Thanks

I rate this game : "PIGLET"

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,Adventure . For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Aug 24, 11 3:00 AM
When the first scenes started I thought "ick what a weird looking women"! However, once I started to play the game started to draw me in.

I agree with most of the reviews so will not go over them, but will say even though it seems to be easy it takes time and does not seem to be too short.

Playing Adventure Mode: After looking at the walkthrough looks to be a good 3.5 or longer game.

I find the puzzles to be different, simple but challenging.

Negative: The puzzles directions are hard to follow sometimes, but you can figure them out.

I will probably be buying this game.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Aug 24, 11 4:26 AM
Fantastic game. Some of the puzzles are very easy, others challenging, it's a great mix and plenty of them. Please can we have more games like this. Best game for quite a while.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 24, 11 5:13 AM
I really didn't think I'd like this because I don't find the graphics appealing at all. However, I'm hooked on the game play and the story line. I like the music, and I'm glad our heroine has a dog with her. Seems more friendly. Took me 45 minutes for the first ghost, so it seems like it's going to be a nice length. It's a purchase for me. Oh, and I also like Felix' morph at the opening of the game. I always smile when that shows up. My favorite, though, was the origami Felix in Nightmare Realm.

celticwolf55
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by celticwolf55 on Aug 24, 11 5:59 AM
Hey Jennsmom, I caught that too. Nice touch by the developers. I plan on playing the demo for this one based solely on the recommendations here in the forum. I am getting rather tired of nothing but CEs that are slightly short of the mark. Some are good, but some are downright disappointing. I feel like I'm missing something though if I wait for the SE. Unfortunately, the SEs on the menu are getting quite stale also. Will try this one and see if it piques my interest. Thanks for the reviews all and I hope it measures up to your glowing comments. If so, then I guess I can spend a game credit for something that has some interest. Remains to be seen. I must be getting old and harder to impress. LOL

[Post New]by hideobjectaddict on Aug 24, 11 6:00 AM
Mornin' pondmates, very excited to try this game & possibly buy. It's nice not having to grin & bear it w/a CE that you love while waiting for the SE to use a punch card on! Thanks to all who've reviewed & posted, big help for us all, IMHO.

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Aug 24, 11 6:17 AM
What a great little game. The graphics, while cartoon looking, like the Samantha Swift series, were nice and clear. I love a change of pace with a pure adventure game rather than a IHOG adventure. I like the guide and having a map. There is a spookiness to it, but in a fun way. I have a punch card credit from last month and I was wondering what game I was going to be able to purchase with it and this is the game. Loved what happened to Felix at the beginning. Happy gaming to all and enjoy!

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Aug 24, 11 8:37 AM
Hi everyone,

This thread has now been stickied for your convenience. What do you think of Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Aug 24, 11 9:19 AM
Wow...didn't think I would enjoy this game but it is a winner in my eyes. Loved the different puzzles (which is a nice change) in this. This will be on my wish to purchase. And I was happy to see a involved. How cute.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Aug 24, 11 9:26 AM
In my opinion this game is well worth every cent I paid for it , it is a great little game and I have thoroughly enjoyed playing it in Adventure mode without the guide but I must confess to checking the walkthrough once as I had forgotten to do something with an item and it wouldn't let me put the item where I knew it needed to go.

I know some people do not like cartoony type graphics but everything was clear to see and once you start playing you become engrossed in the game so don't let its looks put you off. For those of you wondering I even left my speakers on while playing .

I really liked the puzzles, especially the ones involving the plants and I would like to see more of these types in future games.

Great job Casual Box I had fun please hurry up and release your next game ... .

Cherb

With from me to you ...

pp p
pp
p
p

pp

p pp ppp
p
pp
pp p

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Aug 24, 11 9:35 AM
Just diving in to say I'm really liking this game. I d/l this morning, so am not very far into the game, but I like the puzzles and love the Guide. Get stuck?.....just click on the problem in the guide and you get a good hint. I was having withdrawals and ended up buying some dudes, so I'm really appreciating this game. Good game, Fishies.....Enjoy.

MerryAnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by MerryAnne on Aug 24, 11 9:48 AM
I agree with what others are saying, and just wanted to add my praise for this game too...It's a real winner.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Aug 24, 11 10:00 AM
Usually don't like pure adventure games 'cause I'm not
really good at them and I so want my H0 scenes to give me
a needed break. However, this one is going to be a
definite buy. Just got so involved so quickly, that I didn't
want to quit.

Love the voiceovers, enjoying the graphics as I don't mind
cartoon style just want clear and not dark. Dark scenes
have a solution to lightling them.

Didn't get too far in the demo as my math skills/eyesight
were out to lunch in the cube puzzle and I was too
stubborn to skip something I knew I could do, and did
finially see my error.

I do hope the rest of the game is as good as my demo was.
And thanks for all the great reviews.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Aug 24, 11 10:28 AM
Hello again,

I have now finished this game & thought I'd add a few more bits.

The other chapters are not as long as the first but the game is still of good length.

Every puzzle was different. Actually, I found my self hankering after that robot from the 1st episode & I would have loved to replay some of the other puzzles that only appeared once.

The ending implies there is another instalment to follow.

The only glich I came across was with a memory flower game & I know my answers were right because I cheeted & wrote down the grids LOL But it worked out in the end.

This is definitely one of those games you want to demo even if you don't buy. Very very enjoyable.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Aug 24, 11 10:47 AM
This game is one I quite like.. It took me a little while to figure things out but since then moved right along. Like the graphics,music,puzzles.. hey like just about everything and it's not another CE. Don't know how long it is but guess it really don't make any difference as long as you get some fun playing. Good going..

Go to: