jyannis
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Discussion about the Ending *SPOILERS in thread*

[Post New]by jyannis on Aug 24, 11 5:05 AM
Hullo to all,

I've just finished the main game of Twisted Lands: Insomniac (have not played the bonus but I read that the bonus doesn't really affect the story overall??) and I have to say I have some major questions in my mind that I'll like to get out there to discuss with others who have played the game.

Just in case - I'll use white-text for the spoiler-ish thoughts/questions:

1) So basically is Angel travelling back and forth in time? I don't quite get it. So first she is in present-day with the hospital and all, and then she travelled back to the 1920's when the strange epidemic hit and basically turned the whole town into zombie snake people...but somehow her escape from present-day mental hospital is linked to the disappearence of the bus full of children in the 1920's...?? Somehow I fail to see the "logic" in this - only thing I can think of is that she's travelling back and forth in time and we're not even sure whether it's a hallucination or...?

2) Are we supposed to know why she killed her husband? So she killed Mark in Part 1 and "the horror of it" caused her to lose her memory in Part 2 - but why the heck did she kill him in the first place???

3) Can you guys figure out what's a hallucination and what's not? I thought all the scenes with the floating red ribbon are hallucinations but the ending bit Angel driving away the bus...a good twist I admit, but not a twist that I completely understand at all!!

4) Is there any link between the children sent away from the island by boat and the children in the school bus? I somehow don't get the time periods at all - is it just 1920's and present day or is there another time period existing in within?

I have mixed feelings about this game. I think I like it better than the first part but as far as the story goes...it's still a huge fat HUHHHHH to me. Would love to know what the rest of the pond thinks.

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

Re:Discussion about the Ending *SPOILERS in thread*

[Post New]by bonggamer on Sep 14, 11 10:12 AM
I didn't get it either. The Shadow Lands remained a mystery though I loved playing it - as I did this one. But agree - the storyline...damn, I've been trawling the cyberworld to see if anyone can explain the plot to me...

Solgud
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by Solgud on Sep 23, 11 8:04 PM
SPOILERS FOR TWISTED LANDS 1 AND 2:
This is so confusing!
As I understand it´s not time travel. She´s in the hospital in present day (2011 in diary at some point) but has dreams/memories when sedated. In those she´s in the town on the island. The town was deserted in 1920 but she comes across stuff left by a guy in 2008 (again a diary). That diary explains what was happening in the bonus chapter in the first game.
She seems to have a multiple personality thing, or an evil twin, where the other Angel has done some horrible things and is protecting this Angel from those memories. I don´t know if those horrible things are "just" the attempted killing of the husband, (The first game ends with the "explanation" that Angel tried to kill Mark but he survived by landing on the reptile temple and turning into a monster.??) or if the horrible things include losing a bus full of kids. That´s where the timeline gets wonky for me because it seems as if Angel is supposed to be the teacher that gets lost with the kids. At least it looks like a class photo. It´s very confusing.. I also don´t get why the hospital she´s in seems to be the same hospital she sees in her visions/memories but in much better condition and with people in the present. Maybe she´s just crazy and imagining the whole thing.. It´s very confusing..

[Post New]by RogueA on Oct 2, 11 9:41 PM
I really enjoyed the gameplay: the puzzles, the mystery, especially the narrative. Lots of fun. But then the end happened, a "wrap up" with 2-3 seconds of disjointed, unexplained stuff. I never played the first game, but each game should stand alone and answer its own questions. A bad ending always ruins both movies and games for me. If I'm going to pay for something and stick it out from beginning to end, I expect to walk away satisfied. Don't wuss out and give me a weak ending. I feel betrayed.

I loved the narrative in the mayor's diary, how he was so in love with and wanting to protect his pregnant wife, then gets the disease, goes crazy and has accidentally locked her in her room to starve to death, having forgotten all about her. It was creepy and sad, but the diary entries were interesting in how he rapidly lost it. I have NO IDEA what that has to do with the main character, or what his last entry meant, about being free of the villain. Did he kill the man who cuckolded him? Did the wife get free and kill her husband?

Also don't know what the lighthouse guy (presumably transformed into a monster by the other monsters) had to do with the plot.

I do not, in the least, appreciate being left hanging at the end without a clue about what the heck happened. If the plan was a cliffhanger for a future version, it was poorly executed. I should at least have an idea about what happened in THIS version.

Perhaps everyone should just write what they think happened. Make it up as you go along. Since the game developers won't tell us, let's tell each other and maybe we'll get a nice ending that sits well.

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Oct 7, 11 8:05 PM
I'm glad to know I am not the only one confused about the ending.

frederic09
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by frederic09 on Oct 14, 11 9:07 AM
Hi everybody !

I almost played the 2 episodes in a row and well i think i'm close to the logic into the story.

In the first game, we know Angel has tried to kill her husband, and activated a cursed for the twisted island. Maybe the curse it's the island itself in his 1920's.

And i'm sure that the year it's still 2011. The storm/fog made the boat crashed on the island beach, which caused to Angel a partial memory loss and a trauma, and when she was found, she was taken to the local hospital.

Because of her behavior the doctor thought she was a little bit "crazy" and it's where we begin the game. We all know she tries to evade and she always been catched; and the sleeping drug Angel was getting was helping the curse to enter her mind and made the events happened.

Do you remember the newspapers about the childrens ? Well after she successfully escaped, she took a bus and involved everybody in an accident.

That's why when we see Angel in the cursed world for the first time; she is inside of the bus she "borrowed".

---
I know i'm not good to explain stuff, and english is not my main language, so sorry if i don't express my thoughts correctly.

drakare
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by drakare on Nov 30, 11 8:05 AM
I am still scratching my head on this, probably won't play 2. To many others to try that make sense

vibtek
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by vibtek on Dec 20, 11 12:06 PM
Part of what it is she is driving a school bus. The children have been missing for a few days and the police doesn't know where they are. She had a accident and hit her head. The Doctor finds her and they sedate. They want to do an operation to keep her from remembering where she is. Something dreadful happened to some children on a school bus years ago. this doctor was probably experimenting on them.
Angel is trying to excape to rescue the children that she was driving home from school when she had the accident. As she looks through all the records and file she sees what happened. She sees that an accident happened years with a school bus and they were held there. Their Ghost still lingers around ever time she opens a clue.
Everytime she attempts excape they sedate her. Finally she excapes and she and she drives away in the school bus.
Her husband is probably an inmaginary thing.

That is is the best I can summorise.

bfgfan25
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by bfgfan25 on Jan 9, 12 1:56 AM
Her husband can't be imaginary because he was the main character in the first game. I still don't understand in what isn't, the bus, the children, the town, the curse, the monsters, why she killed her husband, or did she, and did she escape or have the lobotomy? I've played the game twice and am still so confused! Is there some sort of official explanation somewhere?

Edited on 01/09/2012 at 2:01:45 AM PST

Crickettt
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by Crickettt on Aug 4, 12 11:31 PM
Let me say, that although I enjoyed the game, it made so little sense, that about 3/4 of the way through, I thought."Are they gonna just end this without explaining anything, because there is no ending that would tie this up"..and guess what? That is exactly what they did. Like the kids in the bus at the end..?? All waiting, alive, for their teacher to come back after they were ghosts? I think they actually gave ME a lobotomy, somehow. Horrible ending, and I was supremely disappointed with it. I did enjoy playing but that ending totally ruined it for me. I do wish, like someone below (above?) mentioned, that there was an "official" explanation of the game's story, but I sincerely doubt they could come up with anything credible.

Edited on 08/04/2012 at 11:33:14 PM PST

Crickettt
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by Crickettt on Aug 5, 12 9:23 AM
RogueA wrote:
I do not, in the least, appreciate being left hanging at the end without a clue about what the heck happened. If the plan was a cliffhanger for a future version, it was poorly executed. I should at least have an idea about what happened in THIS version.

Perhaps everyone should just write what they think happened. Make it up as you go along. Since the game developers won't tell us, let's tell each other and maybe we'll get a nice ending that sits well.[/quote

I SO agree. Here is what I think. The woman is totally crazy and living in some sort of "inside herself" world. That is the entire thing. There is no way it makes any sense, otherwise--and I mean NO way. In fact, I think the developers are in the same state that she is. So in reality, she killed her husband, killed the kids, and got lobotomized.
The entire story is her mind's fabrication and the whole thing kept me up last night thinking about it. How sappy was that ending? Geeze.

[Post New]by gamelover_33 on Aug 12, 12 3:44 PM
I too am really really confused about the ending. if she is the teacher and brought the kids there for a field trip then whats with the husband she "killed" and did she kill him. i dont know what to think they should have made the end a little bit clearer

[Post New]by pushyoldbroad on Sep 13, 12 6:27 PM
Hmm. I came here hoping to figure out what the heck I missed but apparently I'm not the only one completely lost. That certainly puts a damper on the "enjoyment factor" of this game. I really enjoyed the game play for the most part, but to not have a satisfactory ending/explanation really spoils it.

Go to: