bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 25, 11 12:22 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by dawnsamjay2071 on Aug 25, 11 12:25 AM
As soon as the game is on the loading screen and stops loading , the game shuts down and goes back to GM.
I'm REALLY getting hacked off with the grap BFG are releasing lately..very rarely recently, will i find a HOG that HASN'T got an issue.Disappointed once again!!!!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 25, 11 12:57 AM
Hi there dawnsamjay2071,
This often happens if you are using Mozilla Firefox as your web browser and have it open as well as the GM. The game does actually start, but there is a conflict so to speak between the two applications.
The simple solution is to close your web browser before you start the game.
Or else you need to reduce the browser window by clicking on the option to the left of the Red box with the X in it on the top RHS of your browser screen.
I am not sure of the problems encountered using IE as I do not use it myself.
I hope this helps.
Cheers

Edited on 08/25/2011 at 1:13:18 AM PST

Blackie61958
Shark
Shark
12,595 Posts

[Post New]by Blackie61958 on Aug 25, 11 1:00 AM
Error Code 772??

Try again in 15 minutes

1st time this ever happened/ WHY??

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

[Post New]by poopysue on Aug 25, 11 1:02 AM
I keep getting Error code 3, no such thing in the help pages!

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Aug 25, 11 1:12 AM
I can't get this game to open at all. When I click, play game, it doesn't even open. It just automatically tells me that it quit unexpectedly. I have a mac and I am up to date with all my graphics and software updates and I have not had any issues with the new GM or any other game in my queue. Please help! I want this game so bad!

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 25, 11 1:17 AM
megwoman25 wrote:I can't get this game to open at all. When I click, play game, it doesn't even open. It just automatically tells me that it quit unexpectedly. I have a mac and I am up to date with all my graphics and software updates and I have not had any issues with the new GM or any other game in my queue. Please help! I want this game so bad!
Did you use the mac button?

cirig
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by cirig on Aug 25, 11 1:24 AM
dobbiemijnboekle, what do you mean by "mac button"? I'm having the exact same problem as megwoman25.

Edited on 08/25/2011 at 1:29:09 AM PST

Gungnir
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Gungnir on Aug 25, 11 1:33 AM
I've installed the game but when it comes to activation it tells me the trial has expired I must buy it but I haven't played a single minute of the game.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 25, 11 1:34 AM
cirig wrote:dobbiemijnboekle, what do you mean by "mac button"? I'm having the exact same problem as megwoman25.
On the right side from the frontpage you see a macbutton. Scroll down.

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on Aug 25, 11 1:54 AM
No its not a Firefox issue as I dont use Firefox...tooo many probs with it..and have the latest edition of Windows XP not Mac.
But I am having the same prob as others.... game loads then goes back to 'thankyou for playing' or whatever that sign says ....I see it often enough with these CEs .
I have the others in this series and never had any probs....
BFG MODERATOR ...may I ask you to pass on this request (as its getting tedious)...please test the games on ALL formats before releasing them to for sale.

Edited on 08/25/2011 at 1:56:15 AM PST

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on Aug 25, 11 1:59 AM
I am having a terrible time with this game! I click on something and it doesn't work so I have to click to the side of the item or keep searching for the exact spot to make it work. I even tried using a hint and it showed that I should click where I was clicking. At one point it took 5 full minutes to get it to register. Is anyone else having this issue? Definitely wont be buying this one if this cannot be resolved.

Blackie61958
Shark
Shark
12,595 Posts

[Post New]by Blackie61958 on Aug 25, 11 1:59 AM
My game doesn't even download

They need to put back the old game manager as we never had these problems w/the old game manager!!

[Post New]by AnilemLee on Aug 25, 11 2:07 AM
I've installed the game twice and it's constantly crashing. It won't even load up before I get the generic "The application unexpectedly quit" notice, and I've gone as far as deleting the game manager, restarting my computer, and reloading everything. This is the first time it's happened with any of the games, and I know my Mac is up to date and running at its best. I'm also running Chrome, and not Firefox, so it's definitely not any issue with my browser and game manager not talking to each other.
Hopefully this will be fixed soon so I can continue with this great series.

EDIT: Thought it might be an issue with my game manager not responding to newer games, so I downloaded "Age of Enigma". I've had no issues with it at all.

Edited on 08/25/2011 at 3:17:57 AM PST

Blackie61958
Shark
Shark
12,595 Posts

[Post New]by Blackie61958 on Aug 25, 11 2:53 AM
I tried to download on Windows 7 = No Go

I downloaded on my laptop & it worked??Go figure!!

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Aug 25, 11 2:56 AM
I am having a terrible time with this game! I click on something and it doesn't work so I have to click to the side of the item or keep searching for the exact spot to make it work. I even tried using a hint and it showed that I should click where I was clicking. At one point it took 5 full minutes to get it to register. Is anyone else having this issue? Definitely wont be buying this one if this cannot be resolved

Same here! Driving me potty, cannot play anymore until this is fixed

toejam216
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by toejam216 on Aug 25, 11 3:22 AM
megwoman25 wrote:I can't get this game to open at all. When I click, play game, it doesn't even open. It just automatically tells me that it quit unexpectedly. I have a mac and I am up to date with all my graphics and software updates and I have not had any issues with the new GM or any other game in my queue. Please help! I want this game so bad!

Ditto, and I am in need of a good game!

rpglady76
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by rpglady76 on Aug 25, 11 3:31 AM
toejam216 wrote:

Ditto, and I am in need of a good game!

Same here. Stuck on the first Hidden Object scene. Won't let me pick up the last item, and I've frozen my mouse pointer several times just randomly clicking to one side in hopes of hitting the "sweet spot". I also found an item (looked like a tube of paint, maybe?), I believe it was the third area (which is technically the fourth, if you count the area you start in). I've picked up the item, i.e. it's not on the screen, but it's not in my inventory, either. I hope they fix this soon, I've been waiting for this game for a long time.

Edited to correct area where my imaginary item was located.

Edited on 08/25/2011 at 3:34:51 AM PST

fla_girl
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by fla_girl on Aug 25, 11 4:11 AM
I'm trying to play this game but the hand or magifing glass and even in the Hidden object game the arrow are a little off you have to click on the sides of things to pick them up and I cant pick up the shovel in the garden **** at all cause I dont know where to click. I have gone all around it. Its even this way in the inventory area you have to click on the sides of things to get it to work.. I would love to buy this game but not till the bugs are worked out

[Post New]by alicekramden on Aug 25, 11 4:31 AM
Did not get past the settings screen because I couldn't take it out of fullscreen mode. Says that my screen resolution is too small which is set at 1280 x 1024, the highest I can go. Because I can't comfortably play a game in fulscreen mode, here's yet another game I can't play.

That's okay though, because it saves me another $13.99!

Thanks BFG. I'm off to find a different game site.

Go to: