Language

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Aug 25, 11 6:47 PM
I am confused is all the newspapers and everything else that has letters all in a different language or is this part of the story/ i have to place fish in a certain way am i supposed to fit them in the frame so they fit or am i supposed to put them in by name which is in another form of greek letters/ actually every thing is in greek (i think thats what it is)

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

Re:Language

[Post New]by dvdiva on Aug 25, 11 6:56 PM
That's Goblinese! We're not really supposed to make any sense out of those newspapers and all (although there is an alphabet chart somewhere in the game - and if you're really curious, you can translate all the Goblinese to English just for fun!)

As for the fish puzzle, just click on the fishes' labels and they will automatically be translated into English for you.

There are two sets of descriptions - one when you move your cursor over the label, and another when you click on it, so that should provide enough clues.

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Aug 25, 11 8:21 PM
I know this is just a game but was all this necessary to have it like this i figured the fish out finally when i hovered over the writing but this kind of writing confuses me when you are having to find which matches which in some of the puzzles they all look alike and hard to figure out they tend to jumble together when you look at them too long especially in the encyclopedia game// but i will plug along because i love this game goblinese or not

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Aug 26, 11 1:14 AM
hookedonHOG wrote:I know this is just a game but was all this necessary to have it like this i figured the fish out finally when i hovered over the writing but this kind of writing confuses me when you are having to find which matches which in some of the puzzles they all look alike and hard to figure out they tend to jumble together when you look at them too long especially in the encyclopedia game// but i will plug along because i love this game goblinese or not

To me, it IS necessary to have everything written in "Gobinese". That lends authenticity to the game, instead of making a joke out of it. It's just like traveling to any "foreign" country. One has to make their way around all sorts of unfamiliar signs, labels, objects, people, animals, plants, etc. - that's part of the joy of traveling to exotic locations! If everything was just exactly like it is "at home", then there wouldn't be any point to exploring a "new" location.

It DOES take extra time to figure "new" things out, which is why one needs to decide whether they're going on a trip to "relax" and do "familiar things" or whether one wants to be "adventuresome" and make some new "discoveries" and some new "friends"! I've visited over a dozen different countries before, and about a two-thirds of the United States. Can you tell! LOL

Enjoy!

Rainbow

Go to: