Thank You!

Thank You!

[Post New]by WebsiteBoomzap on Aug 25, 11 9:55 PM
I just wanted to post a simple "THANK YOU!" to all of the fishies. As you know, this is our third game in the series, and we have really come to love Sophia and her world. We are so thrilled that the audience here has really been supportive of our game, and that makes the process of building these games super fun for us.

As you may have noticed, the quality and depth of the games released on BFG has really risen since 6 years ago, when we started making games like Magic Lanterns, Jewels of Cleopatra, Zen Fashion, and Frogs in Love. Those were great little games - but they had nothing of the depth of story and character that we have in our Awakening, Dana Knightstone, or even our Antique Road Trip franchises. It's the continuing support and quality demands of the BFG audience that has made it not only possible, but *necessary* for us to constantly improve and grow in the way we have.

Its people like you who demand and pay for quality casual games that makes it possible for us to keep making them. And for that, we owe all of the Fishies a debt of gratitude. So thank you again - and enjoy the Goblin Kingdom!

We'll be lurking in the forums for a few weeks to make sure we get all of your feedback. We're working on a whole bunch of great new games - and the more you can tell us about not only what you don't like, but what you like and want to see more of, the easier it is for us to provide that. Trust me when I say - we're listening, and eager to hear your comments!

Thank you for supporting independent game development!
______
Chris Natsuume - Boomzap

Re:Thank You!

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Aug 25, 11 11:06 PM
Thanks to you, Chris, and to the rest of your MARVELOUS team, for creating such BEAUTIFUL, HEART-WARMING, CHALLENGING, and PRO-SOCIAL games for us to play! The lovely, charming, inventive world where Sophia and her companions reside in, is one I'd be happy to MOVE TO, any day of the week!

I fell in love with Sophia's bedroom, right off the bat - envious as anything, as I've never seen ANY bedroom more gorgeous than that one, nor more thoughtfully put together by her absent, though thoughtful, parents. The messages about parenting are so touching and meaningful, how could one NOT love Sophia's family and the characters in her world, who sacrifice so much, to protect and care for her. That level of devotion is seldom reflected in most forms of media, at least in my experience.

The idea that Sophia has multiple major challenges to overcome never supercedes the fact that she has many kind-hearted "helpers" to look out for her and give her a hand, along the way - though she is far away from her family or from other humans. Even the "witch" turned out NOT to be the horrendous creature she had been rumored to be. I REALLY liked that message and the way it was revealed!

These are just a few of the things I LOVE about this series and why they are at the TOP of my list of FAVORITE ALL-TIME computer games! Thanks for bringing all of that into "being", for us!

Gratefully,

Rainbow

books4me13
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by books4me13 on Aug 25, 11 11:43 PM
Ditto! I do not hesitate to buy the Collectors Editions! and i play and play the games over and over again! I never get bored!

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Aug 25, 11 11:58 PM
First i will adamently admit that am sooooooo addicted to the Awakening games ...i patiently waited and did the ..the wait was well worth it!....so i just finished the demo and although i knew with no doubt this was going to b a purchase still had to explore!...so thx to the great team of developers and thx to BFG for offering such a 'superb' set of games...off to play!

books4me13
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by books4me13 on Aug 26, 11 12:39 AM
Also, when it came out, Dream Chronicles was my favorite game, but the last two really sucked. Awakening has usurped its place as my favorite!!

Please keep making games like these! Fun and complex, yet light and easy, but not too easy that it is complete in an hour.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Aug 26, 11 4:03 AM
Chris and the team at Boomzap, thanks for another wonderful and enjoyable game. I love games that capture my attention and draw me in to the story, I want to keep playing to find out what happens next...

want to see more of

I prefer a lot of adventure and puzzles in my games. A story line that makes sense from start to finish....to be continued is ok. Characters that I care what happens to them... NIce graphics, interesting puzzles..

Thank you Chris for taking an interest in the forums. Reminds me that there are amazing people who make the games I play, people who invest a lot of time and effort and imagination.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 26, 11 5:23 AM
And thank you for the beautiful games!!!

I love this serie. But this one has to many puzzles in it. I like puzzles, but this was to much IMO.

I hope there is a sequel.

juttertje
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by juttertje on Aug 26, 11 5:45 AM
thank you so much for these beautiful games. I love them and played them over again. I have bought the three collector's editions and they are great. so sorry that it is now over with the adventures of Sophia. thank you.

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Aug 26, 11 6:18 AM
I appreciate the fact that you, the developer, are listening to us and take the time to respond and follow our comments. This makes for better future games all the way around.

I found the puzzles rather on the easy side but the take on them has been unique and fun. Yes, I would enjoy more HOG scenes but I do enjoy the adventure aspect of the game. I appreciate the fact that you don't use blinding, flashing lights to transport the gamer or use it anywhere in the game for dramatic flare which is hard on my mature eyes. I would like to see more voice overs in the dialog sections rather than in just the cut scenes.

Beside the pet dragon (who is just too adorable) and Ran, all the characters are cute and/or funny. It is such a cheery and welcome change from the really dark and eerie HOG games that have been offered up. I like them but I do like change and something fun and sunny thrown in.

I must admit I do not like award achievements or length of playing time measurements but at least it is not in your face during gameplay. That being said, perhaps a warning or some indication when the game is first started so if you choose to pursue it, you're aware of it. I know it probably shows something for it in the opening but sometimes I just don't see it because I am too in a hurry to start my game trial. I would rather have collectible items you find along the way as opposed to achievement awards. If you do incorporate that idea though, please include a counter that would keep track of the total included in the journal. In the past many games that had the feature of "collectibles" didn't give us a chance to see how many we had so far until we actually found one and then briefly displayed the count. By the time the game was over, we didn't have a chance to go back and search for them.

Thank you again for listening and all your endeavors to give us good quality games.

Edited on 08/26/2011 at 6:19:47 AM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Aug 26, 11 7:21 AM
I loved you Boomzap, you're my all time favorite developer along with other two....(Blue Tea & ERS) I did suggest about the variety of puzzles last few months and it seems like this game has it all!

Thank you so much Boomzap for bring these fantastic games to us!

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Aug 26, 11 1:16 PM
Chris and the BoomZap team, thanx right back to you!!!! Your games reflect your joy and love of your work, not many can say that. You are one of my favorite developers, as well as, many other gamers. Please keep the great games coming.

THINGS I LOVE: Though I've seen some having issues with grainy graphics - I have had no problems and love your graphic design and quality. As someone else said, "everything is so pretty". I do enjoy the 'on the edge', dark and creepy games too, but I get so tired of the 'urban decay' look. I also log out of them feeling a little sad or down. Your games are visually pleasing, detailed for beauty and I enjoy just immersing myself in the environment.

I also am one who loves puzzles! You can't put 'too many' puzzles in a game for me. I know others like more HOG scenes, and your job (mission impossible ) is to try to please all of us! lol

I also love the story lines. Good -v- Evil (as all are) but with redeeming values and a gentleness and sweetness to them. I feel good and up when I log off.

THINGS I'D LIKE to see: Though there are many who will disagree, and rightfully so, I'd, personally, really like to see harder puzzles. A few of them I solved without even trying, just by 'organizing' the items to see what I had and what needed to be done. I really don't know how you can please 'ALL' of us with different difficulty wishes, but that's why they pay you the BIG BUCKS! lol

And just very selfishly...longer, longer, longer PLEASE. I want to stay in that very lovely world as long as possible!

I do not mind, in fact, enjoy (supporting the arts, etc.) paying for CE level when the work reflects the value. Yours does!

SORRY, I didn't mean to get long winded just to say THANX...but I can always be counted on to say in 1200 words what others could say in 120!

Thank you, and keep up the good work

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Aug 28, 11 4:28 PM
Just thought I would add my thanks. I have enjoyed this series very much.

The only thing I would ask is that you make the games harder than this last one. I bought this because I wanted to see how the story came out, which is definitely a credit to your team and the story you have created. However, if this was the first game in a new series, I would seriously have to think about whether I would purchase it simply because it really did not offer much of a challenge. Harder games give inexperienced players a chance to improve and make experienced players happy. Easy games don't help improve new player skills and sadden the gamers who live for the challenge. I know these are casual games and are designed with the casual gamer in mind, but even just a bit harder would be appreciated.

Your creative team is absolutely wonderful and again, thank you very much for a great series in Awakening.

Such a disappointment !!

[Post New]by notyes on Aug 29, 11 7:39 AM
I SINCERELY HOPE THAT YOU WILL CREATE ANOTHER awakenings series GAME AND IT WILL BE AMAZING AS THE FIRST TWO.because this new release
Awakening :the goblin kingdom felt like a leftover meal in every aspect.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Aug 29, 11 11:33 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed playing this game and the previous one too . I'm not much for achievements but would love to see morphing objects to get a little bonus scene. And like someone before me said, longer, longer longer as I didn't want to leave the beautiful world you created! Thank you!

NICNACNOO78
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Such a disappointment !!

[Post New]by NICNACNOO78 on Aug 31, 11 4:09 AM
notyes wrote: I SINCERELY HOPE THAT YOU WILL CREATE ANOTHER awakenings series GAME AND IT WILL BE AMAZING AS THE FIRST TWO.because this new release
Awakening :the goblin kingdom felt like a leftover meal in every aspect.

Each to their own, i suppose BUT I think all 3 have been great! Ive absulutely, well and truly, definitely fell in love with Ran and PD and many of the hilarious characters i have met!

WELL DONE BOOMZAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gwhynot
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Gwhynot on Sep 4, 11 7:13 PM
I love all three of the Awakenings games, and am currently playing this new one through again to see the pretty artwork. I wonder if BoomZap might consider enabling optional chapter selection as a bonus in future games, so that once the game is played all the way through you could jump right back into a favorite chapter?

Thank you, BoomZap !

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Sep 4, 11 7:45 PM
Thank you BOOMZAP for making such wonderful games that have everything we want. And wonderful games that are NOT about death, zombies, lunacy or vampires!

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Sep 4, 11 10:15 PM
Wow!!! It's so amazing to see a dev here and listening... THANK YOU!!!!!!! I love this series. My income has changed and I'm limited to what I can buy these days... but this? I didn't hesitate! Yes, I could wait for the SE and have two games to play... but... you do such an amazing job and I'm pleased to support you.

I hope you make many many more and continue on for years and years!!!

Thanks for such wonderful games and stories,

~gamergirl

[Post New]by WebsiteBoomzap on Sep 5, 11 9:14 AM
Gwhynot wrote:I love all three of the Awakenings games, and am currently playing this new one through again to see the pretty artwork. I wonder if BoomZap might consider enabling optional chapter selection as a bonus in future games, so that once the game is played all the way through you could jump right back into a favorite chapter?

Thank you - that just got added to our feature list for our next games.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 5, 11 9:46 AM
WebsiteBoomzap wrote:
Gwhynot wrote:I love all three of the Awakenings games, and am currently playing this new one through again to see the pretty artwork. I wonder if BoomZap might consider enabling optional chapter selection as a bonus in future games, so that once the game is played all the way through you could jump right back into a favorite chapter?

Thank you - that just got added to our feature list for our next games.

Great idea. Right now I am wishing I could replay the chapter with the gnomes, so I could practice untangling the chess pieces without having to replay the game to that point.

Go to: