bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any The Secrets of Arcelia Island technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 27, 11 12:21 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

judyglenning
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Re:Post any The Secrets of Arcelia Island technical issues here only

[Post New]by judyglenning on Aug 27, 11 12:36 AM
I just tried the game and when I clicked the play button in the GM all I get is a square in the upper left corner, about 4 inches wide. Tried reinstalling with the same results. Love you Big Fish but this is 2 days in a row the new release is unplayable for me.
I tried downloading an older game and it worked ok.
I've had more problems in the last couple months than I've had in the last 6 years.
What's up?

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Aug 27, 11 1:00 AM
Me too. The new GM is up hon!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 27, 11 1:30 AM
Hi there,
No problems DLing etc, but the game screen is left of centre leaving a huge black space on the RHS of my monitor.
Anyone else have the same experience?

U25150
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by U25150 on Aug 27, 11 1:45 AM
Played the demo, purchased and downloaded the rest of the files. When GM attempted to activate it, I received the 206600 error.

Since I do not share my laptop, I'm always signed in and I only have one unique ID on BFG.

I checked my purchase history and it isn't even showing up so I can't even re-install.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 27, 11 1:50 AM
@Ozzie Maybe you could try unchecking the full screen or the letterbox settings? Maybe fussing with those settings will get the game to display correctly?
Just a thought...

@U25150 Keep checking your purchase history. Your purchases do not show up in there instantaneously, it can sometimes take 20 minutes or so before they show up as a purchase in your account. I had an activation hiccup the other day and was able to fix it through my purchase history, so I think you may be on the right track for a fix there... I hope this helps!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 27, 11 1:59 AM
I'm having tech issues also. My problem is different then the others I've read. I'm playing the game with no problems until I check my game journel. The game freezes and then an error message comes up and the game shuts down. It looks like there are alot of bugs to work out of this game. It looks like it might be a good game, but I'll wait til all the bugs are fixed.

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Aug 27, 11 2:19 AM
judyglenning wrote:I I've had more problems in the last couple months than I've had in the last 6 years.
What's up?

Like cll1950 mentiond - the GM is what's up. And you've been having problems since July 27, it just seems like 2 months. But hang in there we may reach that long (or longer) before they take care of it. Many many of us are wondering why they are not dedicating their resources to this issue - it's been over a month now. Check out http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/174998.page That's the third forum they have dedicated to this subject. They locked the previous two in the Chit Chat area. We all kind of figure it's to difuse the issues - it looks bad when a forum gets too many negative posts. Slowly but surely they'll bury us - lol.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Aug 27, 11 3:04 AM
U25150 wrote:Played the demo, purchased and downloaded the rest of the files. When GM attempted to activate it, I received the 206600 error.

Since I do not share my laptop, I'm always signed in and I only have one unique ID on BFG.

I checked my purchase history and it isn't even showing up so I can't even re-install.

Good morning Shadow!!! lol Anyways, U25150 that is a GM error not a game problem. I had the same error come up when Tech and I was working on my problem. Go here for that error. It will tell you exactly what to do.

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/206/related/1

[Post New]by drgncollector11 on Aug 27, 11 3:57 AM
Miss Lisa I also had the same problem when I checked my journal. I hope they get the bugs worked out soon.

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Aug 27, 11 5:08 AM
Like Miss Lisa and drgncollector, I checked my journal and received access violation message. I uninstalled and reinstalled and got back in the game but I can't click on anything.

SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Aug 27, 11 5:30 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
No problems DLing etc, but the game screen is left of centre leaving a huge black space on the RHS of my monitor.
Anyone else have the same experience?

I'm having the same problem. Had this problem with The Missing a while back, never was resolved.

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Aug 27, 11 7:16 AM
Just wanted to add also I got a popup about 10 minutes into the game that said Playground Skeleton Application Has Stopped Working. But when I went back in the game it was ok. its still a no buy, too many fairies and potions.

lyn58
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lyn58 on Aug 27, 11 7:22 AM
D L OK but when I get to the menu screen all I can do is put in my name. It won't let me click on start, exit nothing. I have to C-A-D to get out of it. Any ideas ??????? Also I hate the new GM...

Edited on 08/27/2011 at 7:23:45 AM PST

[Post New]by i34unicorn on Aug 27, 11 9:05 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:I'm having tech issues also. My problem is different then the others I've read. I'm playing the game with no problems until I check my game journel. The game freezes and then an error message comes up and the game shuts down. It looks like there are alot of bugs to work out of this game. It looks like it might be a good game, but I'll wait til all the bugs are fixed.

I am also having the same problem. When I check my journal and click the story journal tab it causes a game error message and then shuts the game down. Tried it twice but it happened again. Will not purchase until there is a "UnBug" version of this game!

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Aug 27, 11 9:10 AM
I got the same message a LostForever about two thirds into the game just as I was going to buy but it was ok after restarting .Now I dont know what to do because I was really enjoying it .Need one more punch for my card so maybe I'll risk it because C/S are always ok if you have a problem and need a refund on afaulty game . By the way talking of the new GM when I try to view a screen shot on a new game all I get is a black square .

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Aug 27, 11 10:38 AM
I also lost the game when I clicked on the journal. I got the playground skeleton message and the game shut down.

Kilan8
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Kilan8 on Aug 27, 11 11:05 AM
Ok, so what the hell is a Skelleton Application? Whatever it is it keeps stopping and the damn game freezes. I am so sick and tired of these games doing this.

I'll end up losing one of my game codes if they don't get these stupid games fixed. I've just about had enough with BF Games. Too bad too. They use to top shelf, but these game problems and costing me wasted $$.

And before anyone asks for the millionth time, YES, I have the latest game manager.

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Aug 27, 11 11:44 AM
I, too, like others have a problem clicking on the journal. Once I restarted the game, I was no longer able to click on anything else. There are two places on the boat that I'm supposed to be able to click on and I can't do it. Only 7 minutes into the demo. Not looking good for a purchase. Hope there are some fixes soon. Looks like a good game.

Linda.

unanymous
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by unanymous on Aug 27, 11 1:41 PM
DL'd the trial version and couldn't play it: even though not available in wide screen (full screen seems largest available), it didn't load in the center of my screen. Instead, it loaded in the lower left and the bottom portion of the lower part of the playing screen was cut off (menu, options, etc.). I took the chance and guessed where to click at the top of the cutoff words at the bottom and was able to access the option to change the screen from full size to window, but who wants to play on a screen size that small--and PAY to do so? After experiencing so many tech issues with games in the last 2 months, especially those related to the new GM, I'm leary (sp?) of trying this one, especially after reading all of the above tech issues. I'm staying away from this one one until the bugs are worked out. I hope BF posts fixes soon, as those who have been able to gain access seem to like this one. A shame, since I downloaded the trial for the new Awakening sequel at the same time and had absolutely NO issues through the whole trial on that game at all!

Go to: