cherbando
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

Big Fish has Problem Games

[Post New]by cherbando on Jan 4, 09 4:54 PM
*#%*#@%&**## Is it just me or is this company starting to sell inferior games, lately? I have been a member for 2 years, in recent weeks I have had major issues trying to play some new games.
The problems these games have is they either freeze my computer, don't let me proceed , will not start or won't download. One game even put a vurus in my computer and I had to delete it. The problems are not on my end, I have a fairly new computer, an updated video card and no problems with other game companies.
The latest game I am having problems with are;
Monster Quest
Can you see what I see, Dream Machine
Book of legends
Lost secrets of the Bermuda Triangle+

Maybe they are rushing things trying to get a new game every day.
What ever, I am sick of it.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,389 Posts

Re: Big Fish has Problem Games

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 4, 09 4:56 PM
Hi Cherbando- sorry you are having troubles. I would contact tech support. I have had zero problems with any of those games. I'm running Vista.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,188 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 4, 09 5:18 PM
I'm running Windows XP and I haven't had any problems since I updated my video card.

If you send a dxdiag to BF tech support they can help make recommendations to perhaps fix the problems.

Good luck!

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,859 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Jan 4, 09 5:58 PM
Some of the newer games require your video card to be fully compatible with DirectX 9.0c....not just DirectX 9. That was my problem with some of them before I recently upgraded. I will say, though, that "Lost Secrets..." and Book of Legends worked fine for me before the upgrade. I'm running Windows XP SP3. A "fairly new" computer may not be as new as you think when it comes to playing games sometimes. Also, it might help to make sure you have the latest video card drivers available.

[Post New]by ColleenEddy on Jan 5, 09 9:39 PM
I haven't had any problems with Big Fish since about 2005, but the other day I downloaded Can You See What I See? Dream Machine and a virus was in it somehow. It was the only way I could have gotten it. My virus protection did not lot it harm my computer, but it did tell me that a file with the letters VB was stopped from furthering any problems and deleted.
I tried it again to make sure and it still did it. No other games have done that so I was it was just Dream Machine.
I also have been a customers for several years and and own a lot of Big Fish games. I also run XP with no problems.
Just thought i would chime in.
Good Luck,
Colleen

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jan 10, 09 9:24 AM
I had problems with Dream Machine freezing as I was about to begin a new section, but I was able to get through the game. It did take a long time for the cursor to be responsive after each "Loading" message.

I never got Monster Quest to even play, and The Pini Society was a nightmare of glitches for me.

Since I was able to play Dracula Origin, which required the most updated Direct X driver, it's not my computer that's the problem. I didn't contact tech support about these issues because I wasn't that interested in those particular games, but tech support has always been wonderful and responsive whenever I have contacted them for anything.

Whopper_Whale
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Whopper_Whale on Sep 5, 09 11:35 AM
I fixed it by uninstalling the game and then reinstalling. Works fine now, but I've only played a few minutes.

[Post New]by beau25tut on Jan 26, 10 12:57 AM
I cant complete: "Return to Ravenhearst" There is no dial tone for the number I have to enter in order to complete the game.

I have started it several times and it alwaws stops in the 2nd story of the toy shop at the phone with no dial tone........Can you help? Is my copy bad and do I have to reload it?

Harry D. Flagle

Cuddlefish
Herring
Herring
392 Posts

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Jan 26, 10 2:14 AM
I have had no problem with any games playing on my computer. If I did, I would contact customer service. Perhaps you should try that.

[Post New]by fluhrgames on Feb 18, 10 5:35 PM
downloaded five games at once and had no problems with four of them. One of them, Can you see what I see dream machine has given me nothing but problems and frustration. It opens to a black screen and the only way out is to hit escape since the curser is totally invalid. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have disconnected by firewall. Nothing. I want my money back.

Edited on 02/18/2010 at 5:36:47 PM PST

download without using bigfish client

[Post New]by spikey99 on Mar 16, 10 12:21 PM
is it possible to download games from bigfish without using
the bigfish client to add games to download

[Post New]by joan_beaud on Apr 25, 10 11:33 AM
I am running Win 7 and am halfway through Green Moon. Now I am locking up?

[Post New]by mlerthf on Oct 8, 10 11:01 AM
I've had problems over the last few days- My computer wont open the game applications once unzipped. The files don't seem to be downloading completely even though they say they're done (ie. the files are smaller than what they say they should be),
I'm running MAC OSX 10.6.4

[Post New]by dentayag on Nov 5, 10 9:50 PM
mlerthf wrote:I've had problems over the last few days- My computer wont open the game applications once unzipped. The files don't seem to be downloading completely even though they say they're done (ie. the files are smaller than what they say they should be),
I'm running MAC OSX 10.6.4

i've been having the same problem...

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,181 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 5, 10 11:41 PM
I know how frustrating, even scary when I get a virus warning, but a few times I did it was a false positive. When I got my first laptop a few years ago with Vista and reinstalled games I'd had on XP pc with no problem, my AVG virus stopped Mahjong Eternity, wouldn't let me load it which was weird, no problem with it on XP for years. Later I tried playing a different mahjong online on another site and it stopped that too!! I then was reading a list of games available on another club and same thing, when it saw just the word mahjong or mahjoong it freaked and shut down. I found the place on toolbar and entered the word and also Mahjong Eternity on the Ignore list. I totally trust BF, went back and it installed fine. What's with that?? some new virus with that name? All the while AVG on my xp pc never made a peep. To err is computerness, to forgive is well... it's okay to swear

I bought one game that played sooooo slow on Vista laptop I had to contact CS. It was slow on XP too but not THAT slow, like 30 sec for a hint flash to reach a target. DX said although laptop was brand new, HP slipped in a graphics card over 2 years old and no update for it. They gave me a credit. It was Treasure Seekers Canvases. Now I've got a brand new laptop, Toshiba W7. On a whim I downloaded that game again and it runs perfectly fine on it. I guess there are just so many configurations and componants these days the devs can't please us all. I think BF says about 1.5%, then just forget it.

Only one game now won't run on W7, Columbus Stone I bought. Waiting for a patch like many of us, wouldn't stop running, now won't even open in W7 64 bit. Oh well, there's lots more games out there. Just make sure CS checks your system in case they spot something. Could be the game mgr too, but they will make it right if you bought it here.

Edited on 11/05/2010 at 11:52:54 PM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,181 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 6, 10 12:09 AM
beau25tut re your Return to Ravenhearst. Your pc isn't the problem nor the game. Check the forum for Mystery Case Files RTR. You get a dial tone after you perform another task first, and those phone numbers are random and change. I think you will find the solution in the posts on that forum, it's a tricky one. As I recall you have to go back to the basement, spray the cockroaches out of the fuse box and connect those wires. Or, just ask for help on that MCF RTR forum and title your post No Dial Tone. Somebody will see it but not on here.

I have some games freeze up or minimize to task bar on XP with just 512 ram. They run great on laptop w7 with 4gb ram. Usually very graphics intensive colorful games. I exit, do disk cleanup, dump temp files, restart and resume where I left. Murder She Wrote and Gardenscapes are good for maybe 2 levels, then it's pushing memory. Don't know how much memory graphics card handles. Sometimes xp stops and says it is looking for more virtual memory. I close all other progs, browser, email when i play those. Was able to finish them just fine, I just need more ram on it, XP SP3, everything updated. Just tired LOL.

Since a windows update last week everything is getting glitchy, stops every download twice. Tried to update AVG and MSoft wouldn't install upgrade, said it didn't recognize AVG's logo!! Same anti virus prog I've had years since that pc was new.

I have Can You See What I See, haven't played since it was new. It is very graphics intensive too, but I'd suspect one file is giving a false positive. Try telling your virus prog to just Ignore it. May be the new Adobe Flash too giving some players problems.

[Post New]by shemina on Mar 8, 11 3:18 AM
i can't see any thing after downloading

littykat04941
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by littykat04941 on Mar 29, 11 12:34 PM
I have had a problem with Fear for Sale. Awful game. and several others. I don't think anyone from Big Fish reads our complaints, anyway.

bfgArnoStyx
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 29, 11 12:45 PM
Hi littykat04941,

Since there are so many different threads in our Forums, it can be easy to overlook any questions or posts that need assistance.

If you're ever having troubles with a game or would like to request an exchange/refund, you're always welcome to get in touch with Customer Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to offer you one-on-one assistance. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

calsmom2001
Catfish
Catfish
1,746 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Aug 9, 11 7:01 PM
Blueteal,

Based on the date of your post, and the message you receive, I'm guessing you may be having an issue with the new Game Manager. If you go to the following thread you may get some answers.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/740/172227.page#3397828

Good luck, you are NOT alone!

Go to: