bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for Sonya Collector's Edition! August 27, 2011.

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 27, 11 8:25 AM
We have a new version of Sonya Collector's Edition available now. This new version of the game fixes the following issues:

- Half black screen when navigating inappropriately
- Freeze when filling the Mug with water too many times
- Coins mini-game breaking when backing out and re-entering
- Graphical issues after giving the Wolf the Meat

We apologize greatly for the trouble and appreciate your patience as we were working on this new version. If the update has not already populated your Game Manager, there is a way to manually check for waiting updates:

To manually check for updates:

Click on Game Manager Options
Then open the Downloads tab.

Under the Game Updates section, select Manually
Then click Check for Updates

Your game manager will then show you any available updates that haven't already been downloaded.

For more information click on the following link to view our help article:

Game Updates in the Game Manager

You can also get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Edited on 08/27/2011 at 8:27:11 AM PST

Madmonc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Sonya Collector's Edition! August 27, 2011.

[Post New]by Madmonc on Aug 27, 11 9:23 AM
I downloaded and installed the new update and still have the half black screen.

maumeegirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Sonya Collector's Edition! August 27, 2011.

[Post New]by maumeegirl on Aug 27, 11 9:42 AM
ME TOO!

maggie1342
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by maggie1342 on Aug 27, 11 10:21 AM
And me too!

alpha_Tau
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by alpha_Tau on Aug 27, 11 10:35 AM
OK, this is getting silly!!!

I, too, have found no correction to my current half-screen position.

Clearly, while it's good for new players or those who have decided to re-play with a new profile, it's no good to those of use who are currently affected (but don't want to re-play) to provide a fix that stops the problem happening, but does not cure the effect, once experienced.

This constitutes no fix, and, after all the effort of corresponding with CS and providing Dr Felix results, etc, I feel let down.

While a refund should be obtainable, this is rather less than an ideal resolution.

Best regards to all fishies out there, suffering or otherwise,
aT

Edit PS: Is there no XML status fix that will resolve the problem (ie by editing the profile status data)?

Edited on 08/27/2011 at 10:37:45 AM PST

nintendomo
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by nintendomo on Aug 27, 11 11:22 AM
And me!!!

sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Aug 27, 11 11:38 AM
I too still have the half black screen.

Are we not going to be able to play forward from where we are at in our first profile? Is it simply that you've fixed the problem so it no longer occurs, but there's no remedy for the half-played game?

I appreciate if it cannot be fixed, but in that case, please tell us this is the case and consider some sort of gracious gesture for our trouble, please.

Long-time customer,
Sheila

Ivgali
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Ivgali on Aug 27, 11 1:25 PM
Hi everyone,
The new game version fixed the half screen problem, but those who already had this trouble need to make the new profile.
You just can't continue playing on the existing profile because the half screen info is in your safe file.

robbinrn
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by robbinrn on Aug 27, 11 3:54 PM
Got the update. Uninstalled , reinstalled, new profile, all done -- still doesn't work. I have restarted this game so many times, that I don't even want to play it anymore. I think I will ask for a refund.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 27, 11 8:00 PM
Thank you, developers, for getting the update to us so quickly. I will be buying this beautiful game.

[Post New]by jagdhund on Aug 28, 11 5:24 AM
I just read the other postings and I won't even reach the scenes which are talked from. After updating and new installing the game I tried to play with a new profil - but it ALWAYS freezes in the scene with using the blue orb. If there are problems in the first chapter, I won't even try the following .... though the game is running. First time I regret having bought a game.

PS: I donit like the new game manager too - the older one looked mor sympathical.

awbil
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by awbil on Aug 28, 11 11:59 PM
I also have problems, how can I get a refund

Mortic1a
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Mortic1a on Aug 29, 11 6:53 AM
Snap hasn't fixed my half screen either. I really don't want to start again.

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Aug 29, 11 11:18 AM
jagdhund wrote:I just read the other postings and I won't even reach the scenes which are talked from. After updating and new installing the game I tried to play with a new profil - but it ALWAYS freezes in the scene with using the blue orb. If there are problems in the first chapter, I won't even try the following .... though the game is running. First time I regret having bought a game.

PS: I donit like the new game manager too - the older one looked mor sympathical.

I've had repeated troubles with the red portal orb. When will the orb problems be repaired/their "glitches" fixed? There have been several gamers here with them.

Rainbow

[Post New]by grannyg_ma on Aug 30, 11 6:06 PM
I have done everything suggested unload, reload, change profile.start all over, load a special developers addition(which only lasted a hour or so then wanted 13.00 more for it)which froze in the same exact same place, the woodsmans home.I really liked what I have played of this game so far, I just don't think I should send my saved files for this game to the developers so they can figure out what is wrong with this game. Mabie no one has the trouble I am having in the place I am having it oh well thirteen dollars down the drain

[Post New]by bevmohn on Aug 30, 11 9:51 PM
I too still the the half screen.............I don't want to have to start over again
with a new profile. I would like a refund.

[Post New]by xenawonderwoman on Sep 4, 11 4:15 PM
I too downloaded the update and I thought I would have to replay this game from the start (which I was dreading) but when I opened up my game after the update I was happy to find I was still on the same level as I was before...HOWEVER... it STILL had the half black screen that we've all been complaining about. So I just sighed and replayed the game from the beginning with a new profile . When I got to the spot I was stuck at, I found that it played perfectly all the way through to the end.....no glitches, no half-black screens at all. Overall, I enjoyed this game VERY much and I'm glad I didn't feel like I wasted my money on another Collectors Edition that either was not long enough or challenging enough. As far as I'm concerned to justify that extra price , the least it should have is extra content (l.ike extra chapters related to the story) that isn't just 5 minutes long. This game didn't disappoint me with that, either. The bonus chapter was just as engaging as the entire game adventure. This game was very challenging and full of a good variety of minigames within the adventure. Please make more like these and kudos to SpecialBit for a great adventure!

adr8p
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by adr8p on Sep 15, 11 3:31 AM
I uninstalled and re downloaded and still have the same problem of game freezing when i give the wolf the meat. I created a new profile and deleted the old one yet its still the same.

[Post New]by LaVonNadine on Jul 6, 13 1:26 AM
I purchased this one just a month ago so expected no problems. No one on any of these technical forums has reported that the game refuses to shut down when clicking Yes to leaving. I always have to click CTRL-ALT-DELETE to force shutdown. I've already tried uninstalling/reinstalling, same result each time.

Go to: