bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Sonya Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 27, 11 8:25 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Sonya Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bigfishplayer11 on Aug 27, 11 8:09 PM
I downloaded the fix to the Sonya skate issue. The scene is still stuck and half cut off I cannot navigate right to where the fuse box is,

[Post New]by bigfishplayer11 on Aug 27, 11 8:11 PM
Correction: I cannot navigate left the scene is half blacked out on the right.

Pckiller
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Pckiller on Aug 27, 11 11:51 PM
bigfishplayer11 wrote:I downloaded the fix to the Sonya skate issue. The scene is still stuck and half cut off I cannot navigate right to where the fuse box is,

Unfortunately you have to restart the game if you already have this bug saved. New build won't allow you to have this bug again.

robbinrn
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by robbinrn on Aug 28, 11 9:41 AM
I also did the uninstall/install, used a new profile, and the bugs are still there , just in a different place. I am currently stuck at giving the meat to the wolf. I can still click on the tabs (menu,guide,tasks) ,but game action is frozen. I don't even want to play it anymore.

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Aug 29, 11 11:16 AM
There's nothing in the new build that address any of the portal balls that don't act correctly. When will those glitches be repaired?

Rainbow

[Post New]by carkam on Aug 29, 11 6:38 PM
bigfishplayer11 wrote:I downloaded the fix to the Sonya skate issue. The scene is still
stuck and half cut off I cannot navigate right to where the fuse box is,

Same here! Asked for credits back!

robbinrn
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by robbinrn on Aug 30, 11 5:45 PM
I have been in touch with the game developers (Specialbit) directly, instead of the techs for Big Fish. They checked and it appears it is something on my side. I suspect that it is the fact that I have an older video card. I sent them my save files, and they actually gave the meat to the wolf for me, I was able to play for a little bit longer and it got stuck again when I tried to return the wolf cubs to the wolf. They were very helpful, and I am just going to have to wait to play this until I get a newer video card.They even gave me a free game because I helped them. I will buy their games again. I should also say that the BFG tech was also very helpful, but it was easier to talk to the people that actually built the game. BFG also gave me a free game credit, probably because I have bought almost every CE they offer. I have no reason to complain because I have been treated very well by both parties. Good luck to all.

Edited on 08/30/2011 at 5:55:28 PM PST

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on Aug 30, 11 6:47 PM
Played demo with no problems. Bought the game and it won't start, Access Violation being the given reason, will contact helpful tech team and see what happens.

xplex
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by xplex on Aug 30, 11 11:16 PM
"Access violation" here, as well, fwiw. So sad. Was looking forward to this game, and was hoping the update would fix, but no luck. The demo worked fine -- wish I knew what changed so I could try changing vid card settings... may have to get a refund, but would definitely prefer to get it working.

robbinrn
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by robbinrn on Aug 31, 11 1:28 PM
I think I might have this thing figured out! The developers suggested that I play the game in window mode, and I was able to get past the problem areas. BUT.......when I am in window mode my mouse action is delayed .( drives me nuts!!) So I only used it when I was in a spot I was having trouble with, then I switched back to full screen. Kind of inconvenient, but it works, and I only had to use window mode one time. Good luck to all.

[Post New]by grannyg_ma on Sep 2, 11 6:56 PM
For all those gamers besides me who are stuck on the red orb or the woodsman home I have found the answer to my being stuck,I went to options and chose streach screen and Bingo no more being stuck inside any more This simple thing after unloading and reloading countless times changing profiles starting overagain and again but this game is worth the wait .Just wanted to post this to let you know how I fixed my problemhope it helps you

[Post New]by grannyg_ma on Sep 2, 11 7:00 PM
carkam wrote:
bigfishplayer11 wrote:I downloaded the fix to the Sonya skate issue. The scene is still
stuck and half cut off I cannot navigate right to where the fuse box is,

Same here! Asked for credits back!

[Post New]by grannyg_ma on Sep 3, 11 3:03 AM
For all those gamers besides me who are stuck on the red orb or the woodsman home I have found the answer to my being stuck,I went to options and chose stretch screen and Bingo no more being stuck inside any more This simple thing after unloading and reloading countless times changing profiles starting over again and again but this game is worth the wait .Just wanted to post this to let you know how I fixed my problem hope it helps you .

access error

[Post New]by nicolemorales on Sep 3, 11 7:26 PM
Ive tried and tried but I cant get this game to work -
I get the access violation still booo

Edited on 09/03/2011 at 7:29:27 PM PST

Kluane
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Kluane on Sep 4, 11 2:21 PM
I have updated the game and then unistalled and reinstalled game - it is still not working. I have 1/2 screen at skating action

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on Sep 8, 11 3:32 PM
netnanna wrote:Played demo with no problems. Bought the game and it won't start, Access Violation being the given reason, will contact helpful tech team and see what happens.

I contacted SpecialBit games, I have downloaded and successfully played this game. So, the error is definitely something in BigFish's pond.

dana937
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by dana937 on Sep 19, 11 10:28 PM
I can't get the flask out of Inventory; at first i thought i was doing something wrong, but now i think it may be a problem in the game.

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Sep 25, 11 1:32 AM
I never WAS able to get the CE Version of "Sonya" to work for me, after I bought it. It repeatedly got stuck at the foggy red bridge, despite every tip and suggestion the BFG Customer Service staff could come up with. Thus, I got my money refunded.

Once the SE Version came out, I didn't have ANY trouble playing IT at all! This is the second or third time that this kind of scenario has happened for me - I can't get the CE Version to play correctly at all (lots of bugs), but the SE Version plays just fine. However, I HATE the ending of the SE Version and wish I could have played the Bonus Game material from the CE Version. To me, the SE Version's ending is sloppy, abrupt, and appears thrown together without much thought or care. What a letdown, after all I've been through, with this game!

Rainbow

Rivvyy1
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Rivvyy1 on Oct 11, 11 5:04 PM
netnanna wrote:
netnanna wrote:Played demo with no problems. Bought the game and it won't start, Access Violation being the given reason, will contact helpful tech team and see what happens.

I contacted SpecialBit games, I have downloaded and successfully played this game. So, the error is definitely something in BigFish's pond.

How can I contact Special Bit Games?
I:ve had the very same problem, the demo worked fine, but upon purchase I got the accesss violation error, & this is not the first time this has happened to me.
I dont get why the demo works but then you purchase & then it doesnt work.
And the drag part is that they cant put credits back on our accounts & they give the money back on the credit card, which in turn, I end up loosing out with the return of a product because i;m not in the USA but Canada & also loose out depending on the dollar exchange.
:-(

Go to: