bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Mystery Stories: Island of Hope forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
Welcome to Mystery Stories: Island of Hope forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery Stories: Island of Hope players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mystery Stories: Island of Hope forum

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jul 14, 08 9:36 PM
skeetercat wrote:I can't play this game, no matter what site I download from. I can't see the bottom part of the screen to get all the objects. This is the only game I have this problem with.
Skeetercat, I had this problem with Civil War. Someone told me to go to options and change to Window instead of full screen. When you have the window, put your cursor on the bar at the top of the window and move it up slightly. Then, change back to full screen. Hope that helps. good Luck.

Welcome to Mystery Stories: Island of Hope forum

[Post New]by bobeeda on Aug 14, 08 11:43 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Mystery Stories: Island of Hope forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery Stories: Island of Hope players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

I can't figure out how to add electricity to the construction light. I click on the light and am able to move it but it doesn't connect anywhere - can anyone help?

Grnmeadow
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Help!! I am stuck.

[Post New]by Grnmeadow on Dec 19, 08 3:16 PM
I am stuck in the Library trying to find all the underware. I have all but one and I have redone the level 5 times and still come up missing one. I don't think there is one. Any help out there??

PinguC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by PinguC on Dec 20, 08 6:34 PM
bobeeda, try finding the battery (near right center of the screen) your cursor should turn blue and put the battery on top of the construction light.

Grnmeadow, they are all there (some don't really look like much). If you go into the level with lots of hints, you can get them to show up.

Now, My Problem: I was pretty far into the game, and click to skip the movies. When I got to one level, the game kicked me out (like my trial time was up) and gave me a Director Player Error: Out of memory even after purging all purgeable castmembers. What does that mean and what can I do about it?

Grnmeadow
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Grnmeadow on Dec 22, 08 5:41 PM
PinguC wrote:bobeeda, try finding the battery (near right center of the screen) your cursor should turn blue and put the battery on top of the construction light.

my cursor does not turn blue anywhere. is the battery yellow? if so, it is already on the construction light but nothing happens. It still says I need to connect to make the light turn on.

[Post New]by jocko53 on Mar 24, 09 10:52 PM
I need help please!! I'm at the part where I'm going to search for the laptop, but first I need to turn on the TV, can't miss the "A-Team" you know..lol I found the remote, but what next? I still didn't find the TV, but it looks like the laptop is in the window, but I can't click it.
Thanks in advance for all your help!!

KarenAK
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by KarenAK on Apr 17, 09 12:05 AM
Look up to your left. It is at the top of the screen.

Karen

bonnallen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by bonnallen on Jul 29, 09 6:42 AM
Hello. I am playing Mystery Stories: Island of Hope for Macintosh. I'm at the place where I have to find all of the lingerie. I have found all but one. It isn't anywhere. I even tried clicking and clicking everywhere, each and every space on the screen, no lingerie. I can't move on in the game until I find it. Has anyone else had this problem? HELP!! Thank you.

[Post New]by MacMinority on Aug 9, 09 3:01 PM
Is the cabin image extremely dark for you pc users too? I have set 3 different calibrations on my I-Mac trying to get it light enough to see objects ...

And when are the developers going to realize ... we don't have a "right-click"??!! Usually "space bar" rotates to simulate "right-click", but not this game.

Mac_too
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Mac_too on Aug 18, 09 10:33 AM
I'm not very far along in the game but I've not had any problem except the 'right-click' thing. I hate having to pass over puzzles because of it.

Help finding the baseball mitt

[Post New]by anhoegh on Sep 2, 09 7:34 PM
I need help locating the baseball mitt in the one at a time find a specific object. I am on a Mac and just cannot find it. Any help provided will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

[Post New]by easttexasgirl on Sep 10, 09 4:13 PM
To Right Click with the Mac hold down the ctrl key while clicking it acts the same as a right click.

[Post New]by lcantabene on Sep 12, 09 9:20 AM
I'm not very far into the game...but, I can't seem to get the bait into the water on Diego's boat. Can anyone help me out?

ugh1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by ugh1 on Dec 4, 09 12:36 PM
I got part way into the game, left it and when I went back in the game was not saved and I had to begin all over again. Then suddenly I got a message on my computer and the game was ended through the system--what is happening?

ncdeac
Pink Kisser
Pink Kisser
40,241 Posts

[Post New]by ncdeac on Dec 4, 09 3:07 PM
Absolutely loved this game. At $2.99, I snapped it up. It's nice to have some twists to the HOG genre.

CPLB
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by CPLB on Dec 5, 09 12:58 PM
Well...rather annoyed...game has collapsed. Bad English messages saying something is missing. It's at the stage where the heroine is about to go to sea with the drop dead gorgeous boatman!!!

fudgem
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by fudgem on Dec 19, 09 11:05 AM
I've just played this through to level 35, then it completely froze, the mouse was moving but nothing else was happening. I had to call up the task manager to shut it down

ncdeac
Pink Kisser
Pink Kisser
40,241 Posts

[Post New]by ncdeac on May 20, 10 9:30 PM
Not the best and not the worst. Bought as a DD and to me it was worth that.

ahiler
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by ahiler on Jun 15, 10 8:33 AM
bonnallen wrote:Hello. I am playing Mystery Stories: Island of Hope for Macintosh. I'm at the place where I have to find all of the lingerie. I have found all but one. It isn't anywhere. I even tried clicking and clicking everywhere, each and every space on the screen, no lingerie. I can't move on in the game until I find it. Has anyone else had this problem? HELP!! Thank you.

I

Go to: