cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 28 August 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Aug 28, 11 1:14 AM
Any comments fishes?

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Todays DD 28 August 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 28, 11 1:49 AM
I like this game. I enjoy the story and the mystery of it. I bought it and think it's worth the price. I have been buying the DD the last week and I think they have all been worth it. I think this game is definietly worth a try and a buy at DD prices. Enjoy!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 28, 11 2:00 AM
I bought this way back when it was shiny and new.

Well, it was never shiny and I would recommend that you just move on.

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Aug 28, 11 8:04 AM
I just trialed it. It's a nice story and fun concept, love the old "classic" authors so that was a hook for me. The graphics are nice but a bit fuzzy and somewhat hard on the eyes for finding things. Not terrible though - I've seen worse, and I like the game enough that I can overlook the slight fuzziness in order to play the game in smaller time intervals. Music is nice, fits in with the game.

Untimed play but there is a click penalty - which I was deliberately trying to get because I was so entertained by the first time it happened to me - you break the "glass" of your computer monitor and it "cracks"! Goes away very quickly though. There is an axe to find in each scene for an extra hint, but I didn't notice how many hints you start with - didn't need them except one time to try the hint system out. I had quite a few axes built up by the time the demo was up. There's also a couple other items to find in each scene - outside of the search list - that will add pages to your journal. The journal gives you the story that this game is based on.

All in all, if you don't mind the slightly fuzzier graphics, and an old fashioned hog game - a good buy on a daily deal. I would have bought full price but never knew the game was there before.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 28, 11 10:48 AM
I enjoyed it. Took less time than reading the original. Well worth the DD price,

Mapsman
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Mapsman on Aug 28, 11 12:53 PM
To add onto what has already been said, some of the items are very difficult to see or are misnamed. Sometimes, I just clicked on everything in the scene as it was easier than pixel searching. I didn't realize until the game was halfway over that I was supposed to be finding the (spoiler follows) candelabra, plume and alphanumeric character in each scene. The puzzles were super simple. The story was interesting enough that I bought the game after the demo ended just because I wanted to see the ending, not because I was enjoying the game so much. I'm glad I didn't pay full price, but as a DD, the two hours playing time was okay. It would have taken me a little longer had I looked for the other items in the beginning chapters.

Edited on 08/28/2011 at 1:02:32 PM PST

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 3, 12 4:06 PM
I bought this game back when it came out, I did have some problems also with finding objects, but overall the game was good, nice story to it.

Go to: