bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 28, 11 2:32 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

Re:Post any Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by letsdoit on Aug 28, 11 3:55 AM
download demo
hit the 'play'
all that happened was 'white screen' with a 'cute cursor' and thru the speakers could hear the dialogue of the start of the game....nothing else happened...so i had to shut off puter, turn back on!
second time today that a demo game did not work....have had no problems with any games for months before or after the new GM...so am a little
after puter was back up...went to startup....uninstalled both demo's plus one of my games i was playing which i left in GM.....all games gone...went to control panel and 'removed' the GM!
too tired to read any 'help' pages as of this moment.
going to go and get my thoughts together, get some ?...if i can...maybe it may be better sunday?

JayTeeLine
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

Re:Post any Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by JayTeeLine on Aug 28, 11 6:03 AM
Was playing in the first chapter of the frozen world, when the game ubruptly froze up and I had to end up turning the machine off. No controls, no nothing. couldn't eve get off the frozen screen or into GM to back out of it through task manager-

When it restarted, I was in the safe mode (I think).

I quickly went into the GM and deleted out the rest of the demo, and will not try it again. Not worth crashing my machine.

This is the first time ever that this machine has frozen up, and I have only 3 games in my GM. All complete game downloads.

Up until now I have had no problem with GM or any of the other downloads.

Will now run a complete maintenance check and hope to not have this happen again.

ooooh, but we are truly not happy campers when our machines complain.

Sjlovescc
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Sjlovescc on Aug 28, 11 8:19 AM
I have only a system cursor and after the game starts, I could no longer see the cursor at all. There is no option to choose the custom cursor in the options page so, it's another no.

niya00
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by niya00 on Aug 28, 11 8:34 AM
I downloaded the demo but it told me my trial time was up before I even played it??? What's with that???

[Post New]by hideobjectaddict on Aug 28, 11 9:22 AM
quote=niya00]I downloaded the demo but it told me my trial time was up before I even played it??? What's with that???

EXACTLY my problem, not just this game, but "Sonya CE". I'm so P.O'd! Know I know for sure that this has happened to other trials I've DL'd!!! Really Mad!!! :devil BFG, when will you fix this, because my $ & I are not pleased w/this & have no problem moving onto another site. Is it the new, very, very, slooow, Game Manager? That's turning out to be a big bust as well. I am missing out on the possible purchase of these games, not just that, but w/a special deal going on for 2 days (this being the 2nd), these ridiculous issues are costing me. Your wonderful customer service (trully they are) dosen't deserve the wrath I'm feeling right now, so I'll watch the stupidly sloooow Game Manager for a while so it can tell me my trial has expired. Thanks, hideobjectaddict

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Aug 28, 11 10:43 AM
I downloaded game and it will not even launch.. tried twice. both times froze up my computer. will delete and try again maybe.....

Edited to add: New Discovery!

I have finally figured out how to make this game work I wouldn't buy the CE because it wouldn't launch. So I decided to try the SE and it did the same thing. It wouldn't launch and then was frozen. I did the control/alt/delete and when the task manager game up then I hit the X and closed it out and was then able to launch the game. It seems I have to do this every time I play the game..

You could see the game in my tool bar but it wouldn't open.. I just hope it keeps working now that I have bought the game(CE).

Edited on 09/28/2011 at 10:27:28 AM PST

[Post New]by BeachLady704 on Aug 28, 11 10:55 AM
The game crashed my computer twice - both times on level 1, in the Cabinet. Interestingly, my progress was saved although the Game Manager gave me a full 60 minutes. Am trying it on another machine.

[Post New]by gramab47 on Aug 28, 11 11:18 AM
The game downloaded fine but ,while looking for items in the barn, the mouse froze up and the sound went crazy. I, too, had to turn the computer off. I deleted the game from the game manager. Too bad. It looked good-

nyc240
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by nyc240 on Aug 28, 11 11:53 AM
My computer crashed twice during the first level--screen went black, with a buzzing noise. Had to shut down power strip and restart computer twice--not playing this game again with major cpu crash as a result.

[Post New]by heatherington on Aug 28, 11 12:04 PM
My game will not let me in the Fairy Meadow. There IS no such place. But I have to go there according to the SG.

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Aug 28, 11 7:12 PM
"OK!" I am gonna make this short and sweet just like the game. White screen, talking, music, cute cursor with blue dot, started clicking, then the cursor gave me the finger. Well, after that I hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete. Needs some serious tweaking.

Edited on 08/28/2011 at 7:15:06 PM PST

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Aug 28, 11 7:19 PM
letsdoit wrote:download demo
hit the 'play'
all that happened was 'white screen' with a 'cute cursor' and thru the speakers could hear the dialogue of the start of the game....nothing else happened...so i had to shut off puter, turn back on!
second time today that a demo game did not work....have had no problems with any games for months before or after the new GM...so am a little
after puter was back up...went to startup....uninstalled both demo's plus one of my games i was playing which i left in GM.....all games gone...went to control panel and 'removed' the GM!
too tired to read any 'help' pages as of this moment.
going to go and get my thoughts together, get some ?...if i can...maybe it may be better sunday?

'Instead of turning off your computer try "Ctrl-Alt-Delete" keys will take you out of most issues, expecially games when stuck'.

Ninui2
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Ninui2 on Aug 28, 11 10:57 PM
I was also told that my trial time was up before I even played it........very discouraging

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Aug 29, 11 1:43 AM
@ kimkanda...thx so much for responding...sometimes i get 'crazed' thinking not many read posts, but find out so wrong!...yes i did try the 'ctl-alt-delete' but to no use with this game...what a bummer cuz it looked like it would be a very 'enjoyed' game...will patiently hang around to see if fixed

and ... thx

[Post New]by Linda32174 on Aug 29, 11 10:13 AM
I cant get cs to show up on door where the guards and cat are wont show anythind when i hit arrows please help

sdannenb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sdannenb on Aug 29, 11 10:48 AM
I had the same problem where my screen just went black. I could still hear the music playing in the background, but coudn't see anything. ctrl-alt-del didn't work at all. I had to shut down the computer and restart (this happened twice). What a bummer because I was really enjoying this game.

[Post New]by knitwitboomer on Aug 29, 11 12:24 PM
After downloading Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings the game worked fine "UNTIL"
I finished all findings at the Magic Altar. Had some stars to find, went to the Cabinet and had seven (7) items to find but the screen said I found all that there was to find. Go to the Map. I went to the Map and the only other place I need to find anything is at the Magic Altar. Both the Magic Alter and the Cabinet tell me there is nothing else to do "Go to the Map". I began to feel like a ping pong ball. I am stuck and can not go any further in the game............HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bara1948
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Bara1948 on Aug 29, 11 2:08 PM
Technical issue? Not completely sure. Utterly PO'd issue? Most definitely! I gave this game three tries. Each and every time it stopped working upon trying to enter "Frozen World" painting. What a bummer! Especially after being enticed so wonderfully by the pre-game goodness. ::sighs, shakes head:: Oh well. Another potential sale down the tubes. Off to delete the game.

gameplayer43
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by gameplayer43 on Aug 29, 11 7:55 PM
I'm having the same problem. I get into to game and get a blank screen , but have sound. Restarted computer and deleted game. Ctrl-Alt-Delete does not work if game is frozen. It is the second time this week a game has not worked. Need to work out the bugs and problems before you release the game.

Go to: