KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

PROBLEM WITH OBSERVATORY TELESCOPE

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Aug 28, 11 7:00 AM
In the very first chapter, where you click on to access the minigame for the observatory telescope you have to draw the outline of the picture it shows. Only problem is when I first open it up it is "stuck" on a star (left side) and I can't click it anywhere to draw a line. When I checked the SG it shows the starting point on the RIGHT side. I can't get the cursor to let go of the star it is connected on. Is this a glitch or am I not doing something right? I've tried left clicking, right clicking, etc. all to no avail. How about it BF Mod can you provide some insight as to what is wrong?

I like the game but if I am having this much trouble on the first scenes of the game not sure if I want to buy it.

I appreciate any help that is offered. Thank you.

Re:PROBLEM WITH OBSERVATORY TELESCOPE

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 28, 11 7:43 AM
I had no problems with that. When you click on a star it's shows you of you are standing on a right star or not.

Marle1959
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Marle1959 on Aug 28, 11 8:20 AM
KBEAR2045 wrote:In the very first chapter, where you click on to access the minigame for the observatory telescope you have to draw the outline of the picture it shows. Only problem is when I first open it up it is "stuck" on a star (left side) and I can't click it anywhere to draw a line. When I checked the SG it shows the starting point on the RIGHT side. I can't get the cursor to let go of the star it is connected on. Is this a glitch or am I not doing something right? I've tried left clicking, right clicking, etc. all to no avail. How about it BF Mod can you provide some insight as to what is wrong?

I like the game but if I am having this much trouble on the first scenes of the game not sure if I want to buy it.

I had the same problem. Eventually I had to skip it.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Aug 28, 11 9:29 AM
KBEAR2045 wrote:In the very first chapter, where you click on to access the minigame for the observatory telescope you have to draw the outline of the picture it shows. Only problem is when I first open it up it is "stuck" on a star (left side) and I can't click it anywhere to draw a line. When I checked the SG it shows the starting point on the RIGHT side. I can't get the cursor to let go of the star it is connected on. Is this a glitch or am I not doing something right? I've tried left clicking, right clicking, etc. all to no avail. How about it BF Mod can you provide some insight as to what is wrong?

It will only let go when you click on the correct star. Hint: the stars are closer together than you might think.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Aug 28, 11 9:31 AM
I had problems there too, until I realized I was trying to connect to stars at a distance instead of a bit closer together.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Aug 28, 11 9:54 AM
The first cluster of stars (diamond pattern) is a very small diamond, close together at the left of the screen.

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Aug 28, 11 1:27 PM
Thank you one and all for your help . The pictures were indeed closer than I thought they would be. After I did the first one, the rest were easy to do. I'll probably purchase the CE but will have to wait for the first of the month .

Happy gaming

Go to: