Cultistmum
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

Do you rename your villagers?

[Post New]by Cultistmum on Aug 28, 11 1:25 PM
I found that the same names kept showing up, and at one point I had three kids running about all named Bong (hidden drug references? Surely not!). So I renamed them. I enjoyed it so much I have done it with all my tribes on all my VV games, and themed them; one lot are named after mythological characters, one are favourite authors, one tribe are wombled (names from the atlas) and one group are all from mystery stories. Does anyone else rename them? And do you change the epitaphs on their graves?

FireNinetails
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Do you rename your villagers?

[Post New]by FireNinetails on Oct 11, 11 12:34 PM
I always rename them for the sake of prouncing it.

Tywee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Tywee on Jan 5, 12 11:30 PM
Yes i find it fun to name their names and occasionally on some VV games their first AND last names

pamhamlet
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by pamhamlet on Mar 12, 12 7:09 AM
Yes, I usually always rename, though I try to keep it exotic sounding. The game issued the name Ginger to one of my females, so I kept that!

Wish we could pick their hair/eye colors and clothing too. One girl I wanted to select had on the same outfit as another girl I'd already chosen, so I rejected her just for that, silly huh? lol

Michou3
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by Michou3 on Mar 24, 12 11:38 AM
FireNinetails wrote:I always rename them for the sake of prouncing it.

LOL!

I rename them for the sake of having something that even sounds like a name!

emila01
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by emila01 on Aug 16, 12 11:54 AM
on my last tribe, the theme was harry potter. now it will be greek gods and goddesses. and then it will be the names of my friends and family. i always put my favourite names on my favourite or prettier people.

moonflower994
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by moonflower994 on Jan 3, 13 12:47 AM
oh yes! Celtic names, Norse names, common names ect.

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Jan 26, 13 8:46 AM
OCD time ...yeah, I rename them to reflect what I'm going to have them specialize in. All my farmer names start with F. I make up names with the correct initial letter when I run out of "real" names.

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,201 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Jan 26, 13 8:50 AM
Yes, I always rename them - going through the alphabet until they are all named.

[Post New]by Purple_Nightwolf on Mar 30, 13 9:19 AM
I was changing their names, at least in the begging. Nothing specific, all the names were weird, non-existing, but nice to the ear.
After a while, I had so many new villagers at once, and so little inspiration, that I stopped, and rarely named a villager that gave me a good impression, or had a funny voice.
Could you actually change the epitaphs?!

moonflower994
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by moonflower994 on Jul 6, 13 7:22 PM
hehhe ..I didn't know you could change the epitaphs...

[Post New]by Rebekah_Karalee on May 18, 14 12:53 AM
cat52 wrote:OCD time ...yeah, I rename them to reflect what I'm going to have them specialize in. All my farmer names start with F. I make up names with the correct initial letter when I run out of "real" names.

To make it easier, you can always google baby names, and those websites usually have hundreds of names to choose from! :-)

[Post New]by Rebekah_Karalee on May 18, 14 12:54 AM
I always choose Christian names, most of the time. If there is someone who already has a good name, then I keep it. It makes it easier to track them if you can remember them, rather than having names that you are not familiar with.

[Post New]by GrandmaSloan on May 18, 14 3:25 AM
The first 4 games I renamed my villagers. I am going to try to keep the names that the game generates on this game...but I will probably break down and rename them...LOL! I love the idea of naming all the farmers with and F name...etc. I will probably give that a try!

Go to: