puppycake
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

Problem with dragon lighting fire in Wise One's hut?

[Post New]by puppycake on Aug 28, 11 9:04 PM
I am so frustrated.............in the stradegy guide it says to use the dragon to light the fire in the "Wise One's Hut" In the guide it shows a picture of the dragon on the table, which makes no sense to me as then he would be breathing fire in the opposite direction of the fireplace. I have out that darn dragon in every possible place and he will not light the fire. Any suggestions anybody?

Re:Problem with dragon lighting fire in Wise One's hut?

[Post New]by angelfether0281 on Aug 28, 11 11:37 PM
It has to be in the **** sequence where you're looking for hidden items (the sun, in this case), I think. Not directly in the Wise One's hut normally.

puppycake
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by puppycake on Aug 28, 11 11:53 PM
Yes, when I click on hint, it says, oh there is the pocket dragon, maybe he can help me light the fire" and the journal sparkles (where the dragon should be, but he is not there in that scene. And in the scene where he is (with the "wise one" standing there) the pocket dragon won't work. Gee I hope that didn't sound too confusing lol It appears you have click on the wise one to go to the other scene , then the wise is gone, but so is the pocket dragon. Seems like a glitch to me, especially when \i look at the stratedy guide. I sure wanted to finish the game but it doesn't look too hopeful.

[Post New]by morgana53 on Aug 29, 11 4:03 PM
I had this problem and had to restart, leave the dragon on the table, then light the fire for the sun,
if you move it to your inventory it won't light fire
hope this helps

[Post New]by miamaciethan on Aug 29, 11 9:43 PM
morgana53 wrote:I had this problem and had to restart, leave the dragon on the table, then light the fire for the sun,
if you move it to your inventory it won't light fire
hope this helps

[Post New]by miamaciethan on Aug 29, 11 9:46 PM
When you say "restart" do you mean from the beginning of the game or just close and reopen. I tried closing and reopening and had the same problem. I hate to have to restart the whole game with a new profile!

puppycake
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by puppycake on Aug 29, 11 10:20 PM
I have closed the game completely and tried to put him on the table but he won't stay there, he jumps right back into inventory

[Post New]by mrscashton on Aug 30, 11 5:36 AM
The same thing is happening to me, any ideas?

I'm not sure what you mean about putting thre dragon on the table, can you explain it a bit better? cheers

vivcau
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by vivcau on Aug 30, 11 6:13 AM
I've got the same problem. The darn dragon disappears. I'm left with a blue crystal and the sun in my inventory and neither will move. It's impossible to light the stove with the dragon. Is this a technical problem?

[Post New]by badbigbob on Aug 30, 11 11:27 AM
I to have tried everything I can think of but to no avail.Please someone hurry and help us all.

[Post New]by morgana53 on Aug 30, 11 2:48 PM
if you look closly the dragon is on the table, pick him up light the fire then get the sun, he will automatically go to inventory
the blue crystal to the right drag to where the 4 cornered thing is just left and up of fire, then click on sun etc until it brightens, can't remember the 4 signs sry.
and yes if you put the dragon back in inventory before getting the sun, you can't light fire. so start from beginning, it won't take long.
good luck

[Post New]by miamaciethan on Aug 30, 11 6:24 PM
click on the owl to get a hint. when he says "oh there is the pocket dragon, maybe he can help light the fire, look to the left and see sparkley lights right next to the menu button. put the cursor next to the menu button, click and drag UP. the dragon comes up and can be used to light the fire.

[Post New]by angelfether0281 on Aug 30, 11 9:05 PM
Hi there!

I think what's happening is that the pocket dragon in the hidden object scene is not the same as the one in your inventory. You have to talk to the Wise One to start the hidden object game - that's when the pocket dragon you need to light the fire will appear. Then you can just drag him into the fireplace!

I hope that helps!

vivcau
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by vivcau on Aug 31, 11 6:44 AM
Finally worked it out, but I had to start from scratch. When you get into the hidden object scene the dragon is on the table. Find the other hidden objects, taking care not to click on the dragon, then drag the dragon off the table to light the fire. I think I must have accidentally clicked on him and he disappeared into my inventory. After that it's all plain sailing. Good luck.

[Post New]by angelfether0281 on Aug 31, 11 8:25 PM
Hi there!

Out of curiosity, I played the game again and made it to the Wise One's hut. It seems that I could indeed drag the pocket dragon into... well, behind the inventory bar! But it seems that I can also drag him OUT of it. I think there's still a chance of salvaging your game if you can find him under the clutter and drag him out from behind the inventory.

He seems rather shy, hiding there all alone...

Hope that helps!

[Post New]by gruitamarius on Sep 29, 11 4:34 AM
miamaciethan wrote:click on the owl to get a hint. when he says "oh there is the pocket dragon, maybe he can help light the fire, look to the left and see sparkley lights right next to the menu button. put the cursor next to the menu button, click and drag UP. the dragon comes up and can be used to light the fire.

I put the cursor under the menu button, for me it looks like something was hidden there , and the dragon comes out!
End the puzzle! THANK YOU!

Go to: