[Post New]by sawadee93 on Jan 5, 09 12:05 AM
it certainly looks interesting, hope it will be

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:TGT: Liong: The Lost Amulets

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 5, 09 12:10 AM
I beta tested this a long time ago. The HO part is kind of neat- it's from an over head perspective. A LOT of Mah jong matching.

[Post New]by incrediblyviolet on Jan 5, 09 12:11 AM
Guess I need to give this one a try then -

Thank you -

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Jan 5, 09 12:11 AM
Sounds like an interesting combination....downloading it now. Hope it's a good one.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 5, 09 12:38 AM
Ok, took my first break. I played for about 25 minutes, and only got ONE real HO scene so far. Two mahjong minigames, two other minigames, and a "spot the differences" scene.

I'm still undecided about this one.

Usability comments:
1. The options screen that I got from the main menu was not the same options screen I got from inside the game. If I remember correctly, there wasn't an option to switch from full screen mode until after I got inside the game.

2. The first few minutes I was convinced that this game was mislabeled and that it was a mahjong game, not HO. I chose adventure mode, and did get an HO scene before I got the first mahjong game, however to start adventure mode it asked me to choose a mahjong tile set to use.

3. Some of the items are very small.

ladycholla
Manatee
Manatee
3,720 Posts

[Post New]by ladycholla on Jan 5, 09 12:56 AM
Thank you lordk for the information, I will try it in the a.m., I'm getting tired and my Sammo is nagging me to go to bed. So I'll snuggle him and see all in the morn. It's bitter cold here tonight, single digits and in some locations it is sub zero. At least the wind is calm at the moment.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jan 5, 09 1:13 AM
60 minutes flew by. Buying this one tomorrow. Like the mix of games. It's not just a pure HOG but a variety of several genres (sans, thank God, TM). Music is awesome and so relaxing. I like the overhead perspective and the items may be small but they are recognizable. There is the option of playing in relaxed mode, plenty of opportunity to earn hints and over 90 levels if I calculated it correctly. Finished one amulet and it took at least 9 levels to do so and there are 5 amulets.

Keeper for moi.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Jan 5, 09 1:19 AM
Played 20 mins, got 2 HO screens, a game of bingo and a mahjong game, seems really good game, think i will buy this one.

Edited on 01/05/2009 at 1:19:51 AM PST

shuttlegrannyjo
Catfish
Catfish
1,575 Posts

[Post New]by shuttlegrannyjo on Jan 5, 09 1:40 AM
I loved the demo.

I played in relaxed mode and only had one complaint. If I didn't click on an item - after a while one of the items I was suppose to find would sparkle.

I did have tips on so I could learn how to play some of the mini games - but I don't think it should have kept on showing me where the items were.

I had it on relaxed (no timer) so I could take my time and enjoy finding the items without having to rush, but that kinda took away from the fun.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jan 5, 09 3:10 AM
Whoa! That hour demo went by fast. Interesting game. I might just get this one. I didn't see any items that sparkled - turn the tips option off to make it stop. It's not a hard game by any means ~ rather easy actually, but still fun. I believe (from the review) that it is a decent length.

The game has Mahjong, HO's and different mini games. Kept me from getting bored. Nice relaxing music also.

Btw... there is a review & description of this game over at Gamezebo.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jan 5, 09 4:07 AM
Have just played the demo and will probably buy this, I liked the mix of games and the gathering of pearls, but am dubious that as soon as I buy it, another hour of playing and the game will end as did with Haunted Hotel 2, very disappointed with that one.

rvalot
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,855 Posts

[Post New]by rvalot on Jan 5, 09 4:53 AM
Yay! I'm so glad we got this game. Beta tested and loved it!

I think it will have a lot of replayability.

I bought Liong: The Dragon Dance in Oct 07 and still play that!
Check it out if you enjoy this type of mahjong play.

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Jan 5, 09 5:23 AM
Me too !
Did the beta and am happy it is here...will buy it!!
Items can be small, but graphics are beautiful.

I find it a relaxing not think too hard type of game.
I need one after trying to finish the Buuld A lot series. (Darn those fianl levels are tough!!)

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

[Post New]by jobynana on Jan 5, 09 6:04 AM
Am adding my post to make up for the moan I had about Haunted Hotel yesterday!

Well, Liong LA was not exactly the sort of game I was yearning for but must say am pleasantly surprised and just about to buy it to continue.

I like the mix of HO/different type of Mahjong and minigames as well as having to find the pearls (although I do keep forgetting these!).

Makes up for yesterdays game disappointment

Well done BF

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Jan 5, 09 6:08 AM
wow seems everyone is gettin on the HO bandwagon (not a bad thing lol!)

i too have the original Liong Dragon Dance since Fall/07 and also still play it, it's a nice variation on the standard tile matching MJ games ~ if you like them you should check out the original Liong

anyway about this, played about 20 mins and so far no glitches, nice graphics and soothing music same as the original, think it's a keeper and worth using my december credit on, will finish the full hour demo first but will probably purchase right away

EDIT: yep, finished the hour, off to purchase! had forgotten about the minigames in the original, a nice mix, loooove the bingo one, lol!

Edited on 01/05/2009 at 6:57:37 AM PST

lilorange
Flounder
Flounder
2,206 Posts

[Post New]by lilorange on Jan 5, 09 6:27 AM
I've been waiting for this one to come out--did the beta and just loved it. I too had the original and was a little leary about a second one as I did like the first so well. But, I think they kept enough of the old and added enough new that it is a keeper!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 5, 09 7:01 AM
What a pleasing game! Just bought it after about 40 minutes into demo. Lots of stuff to do, RELAXED MODE Hints and helps for those of us Majhong challenged some new concept mini-games and new spins on old concepts. Just over all so very pleasing. Only minor gripe is the graphics could be a little higher resolution. A bit pixely - hard on the eyes, but pretty still, just could use some softening?

Now I gotta take my vampoodle self to bed as sun (? looking out doors and wondering where it went...) is soon up and I'm really bummed cuz and I wanna keep playing! Don'tcha hate it when ya hafta be your own Mom? Anyway, yep, this gets a

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jan 5, 09 7:45 AM
Thanks everyone, I am off to download and try. I loved the first one. And this one sounds very interesting. My grandson is three and begs me to get out the 'puter and play the "dragon game". I know he won't be interested in this one, but grandma might !

Go to: