bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mystery Murders: Jack the Ripper

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 30, 11 12:05 AM
Track down one of the world’s most legendary serial killers in Mystery Murders: Jack the Ripper, an incredible Hidden Object game! Help world-renowned clairvoyant Emma de Ville and Inspector Fred Abberline of London’s famous Scotland Yard as they pursue the notorious murderer. Piece together clues, solve intriguing puzzles and use forensic crime scene investigation methods to hunt the killer down!

tesco
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Mystery Murders: Jack the Ripper

[Post New]by tesco on Aug 30, 11 12:47 AM
anybody no where the key is to open the cupboard in the reporters office

[Post New]by pumpkin1998 on Aug 30, 11 12:54 AM
on the wall board

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 30, 11 12:55 AM
I don't know about this game. I played for 30 minutes but it did't grab me.

anubischick
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by anubischick on Aug 30, 11 12:58 AM
What else has this developer done? I'm getting a weird feeling of deja vu.

retroFish
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by retroFish on Aug 30, 11 1:04 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 3:45:42 AM PST

retroFish
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by retroFish on Aug 30, 11 1:06 AM
tesco wrote:anybody no where the key is to open the cupboard in the reporters office

Hanging on the notice board

sheriff09
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sheriff09 on Aug 30, 11 1:10 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 3:14:12 AM PST

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Aug 30, 11 1:13 AM
anubischick wrote:What else has this developer done? I'm getting a weird feeling of deja vu.

Hey Anubischick--your "deja vu" could be right! The developer (Casual Arts) did one awhile back called "Real Crimes--Jack The Ripper"--it had mixed reviews. They've also done "Twisted--A Haunted Carol" and "Cruise Clues--Caribbean Adventure."

Regards, elldee

anubischick
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by anubischick on Aug 30, 11 1:18 AM
Thanks elidee, that was the one I was thinking about. It would have driven me insane for a while until I remembered.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 30, 11 1:22 AM
sheriff09 wrote:Looks good. Bit easy in the beginning - lots of hand holding - but the game does get going as you get into it. Like the switching between the real world and dream world to tell the story.

Hi there sheriff09,
Try playing on the more difficult mode if you prefer more of a challenge.
I'm sitting on the fence with this one. It seems it might be worthwhile as a SE, but so far I have not been engaged with the game in general. Can't put my finger on why, so to speak after playing most of the sample version.
Cheers

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Aug 30, 11 1:30 AM
Full disclosure: Only played 28 min. At times too easy as in the hidden object, but when looking for parts for the puzzles you need to use hints to find them unless you you enjoy clicking on everything which becomes tedious very quickly. This game reminded me of movies that are made for the theaters but land up going direct to video. This game should go direct to DD and then maybe if there is nothing else to play that day.

vickie39
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by vickie39 on Aug 30, 11 1:45 AM
Exactly Lilabelle

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 30, 11 1:47 AM
elldee2728 wrote:
anubischick wrote:What else has this developer done? I'm getting a weird feeling of deja vu.

Hey Anubischick--your "deja vu" could be right! The developer (Casual Arts) did one awhile back called "Real Crimes--Jack The Ripper"--it had mixed reviews. They've also done "Twisted--A Haunted Carol" and "Cruise Clues--Caribbean Adventure."
Regards, elldee

Yep, Elldee is right and, believe it or not, Real Crimes: Jack the Ripper was a worse game than this one.

I cannot post in the review thread because the only energy I am going to devote to my opinion of this game is that I think it's awful and I was so ticked off by getting a click penalty after three clicks to explore an area in a HOPA that it hit my trash can in very short order.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 30, 11 1:49 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there sheriff09,
Try playing on the more difficult mode if you prefer more of a challenge.
I'm sitting on the fence with this one. It seems it might be worthwhile as a SE, but so far I have not been engaged with the game in general. Can't put my finger on why, so to speak after playing most of the sample version.
Cheers

I will help you out here Ozzie. You have not been engaged with the game because it is an awful game. JMHO

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 30, 11 1:56 AM
Oh, you're probably correct in your assessment shadowfax!! Maybe I was hoping there was more to it than I had encountered. Didn't have any problems exiting after 30 minutes. LOL
Cheers.
PS Off topic but....I thought you were catching up with some sleep!!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 30, 11 2:01 AM
Well Ozzie, it turns out my mind and body just wanted a bit of a nap. I slept 2 hours and that is all she wrote, it happens to me all of the time... very frustrating. LOL

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 30, 11 2:06 AM
Oh, a powernap - our heroine here seems to also have them!! LOL
So, no "visions" regarding the outcome of this game if we play it through to the end??

Edited on 08/30/2011 at 2:07:49 AM PST

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Aug 30, 11 3:17 AM
It was mentioned in the Review thread that some players were irritated by Out of Context items in HOGs, citing a Baseball bat and ball as the offending Object. anubischick replied (and I paraphrase) that the objects were In Period as the game was invented in England. I would like to add that the game in England is called Rounders, which is the American equivalent of Softball. The bat would have been more like a stick or possibly a Cricket Bat. As most Americans would be sratching their heads, going "duh" if an item were described as a "Rounders Bat", I can understand why the Developers changed it.

I didn't respond in the Review thread as this is not a review, just extra information

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Aug 30, 11 3:20 AM
Hey Shadow

Yep yep yep, when you say it's bad so far I haven't disagreed that I can recollect. I will be playing Shining Plume which is a role playing game instead. And a darn good one to boot! Happy gaming!

Go to: