bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Mystery Murders: Jack the Ripper technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Aug 30, 11 1:13 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Mystery Murders: Jack the Ripper technical issues here only

[Post New]by dilliedallie01 on Aug 30, 11 3:07 AM
I tried to play this game in both 16 bit, and 32 , but neither worked, it kept going back to my desk-top, I have bought over a 100 games,{since Nov 2009} and if this stuff keeps up, { like the problem here, bugs, etc} I won't make it to 101..!@~

And I'm still waiting for my "Felix Stuffie} A very Sad Fishie ...Indeed

It kept going to Black, then it would come back, then do the same thing over , and over

Edited on 08/30/2011 at 3:11:31 AM PST

crazyfor20
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by crazyfor20 on Aug 30, 11 4:32 AM
The game started fine and then nothing......

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Aug 30, 11 7:37 AM
The game started and then went black. I now have 58 minutes of ?nothing?. Did anyone else have this problem?

[Post New]by maureencamper on Aug 30, 11 8:09 AM
My games downloads, but then I get error code 3. What is this?

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Aug 30, 11 8:59 AM
dilliedallie01 wrote:I tried to play this game in both 16 bit, and 32 , but neither worked, it kept going back to my desk-top, I have bought over a 100 games,{since Nov 2009} and if this stuff keeps up, { like the problem here, bugs, etc} I won't make it to 101..!@~

And I'm still waiting for my "Felix Stuffie} A very Sad Fishie ...Indeed

It kept going to Black, then it would come back, then do the same thing over , and over

Hi Dillie,

If you're running Mozilla Firefox, try closing it down prior to starting the game. That happens to me. There's a conflict with the browser.

Happy Gaming,
Linda

[Post New]by debssd1 on Aug 30, 11 9:11 AM
Hi please can anyone help me i still have 18 mins left to play on the demo but i went out of the game for a few mins then when i went back to play again i cannot get to play it as there is no play button please help !!!!!

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Aug 30, 11 9:35 AM
I could not even get the game installed. I was trying to get the trial version and it hung up after downloading and before installing. It said "install" and two games I downloaded after that kept just saying "waiting to install." The Ripper game never did install. I closed down the Game Manager and it got rid of the Ripper game but I had to restart the computer and reopon the Game Manager in order to get rid of those other two downloads and start over with them. They have now downloaded and installed with no problem. I am not every going to try to download the trial version of this game again.

sleuven
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by sleuven on Aug 30, 11 10:00 AM
aalaurie wrote:The game started and then went black. I now have 58 minutes of ?nothing?. Did anyone else have this problem?

My game started fine, music playing, then went black. I had to shut my pc down as nothing else worked. I'm not using Mozilla firefox, so that's not the problem.
Shame. I was really looking forward to playing this game
Anybody else have same problem, and hopefully a solution?
I'm still waiting for my Felix the fish as well

Edited on 08/30/2011 at 10:01:55 AM PST

[Post New]by debssd1 on Aug 30, 11 10:15 AM
I have just been on live chat and they said they are looking into the problems with this game, really hope they sort it out as it looked like a good game !! And i still have a coupon to use for tomorrow so better get looking !!

patjoy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,880 Posts

[Post New]by patjoy on Aug 30, 11 10:38 AM
I have same problem as maureencamper. I get Error code 3 but that code doesn't appear on the BF error code list. Seems this game comes complete with several problems. Hope they get worked out, I would like to play.

[Post New]by maxdebord on Aug 30, 11 11:18 AM
crazyfor20 wrote:The game started fine and then nothing......

Same thing happened to me.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 30, 11 12:09 PM
Hello folks,

It sounds like a number of you are seeing a black screen when playing this game. I would definitely recommend first checking to see if an update to your system might help the game; here is a help article with that information:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this doesn't help, please get in touch with Tech Support with the steps you've already taken so that our reps can assist you further.

For those of you with an Error 3 code, I would recommend taking a screenshot of the error and writing in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report. Our Support Team will work to make sure this gets resolved. Thank you everyone!

-bfgArnoStyx

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Aug 30, 11 12:19 PM
I got the same black screen. I am not even going to try again after reading other people having the same problem. What is up? Are your reviewers on vacation?

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Aug 30, 11 12:59 PM
Will pass on this game until technical issues are resolved.

retroFish
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by retroFish on Aug 30, 11 1:06 PM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 3:43:34 AM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Aug 30, 11 2:52 PM
@retroFish: Thanks for letting us know that those updates fixed it for you!

If anyone else is getting a blank/black screen, the following help article has more information on how to make these (and other) updates to your system:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you still need help, please contact Customer Support for further assistance.

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by knh336 on Aug 30, 11 3:18 PM
After game downloaded it would not open and I got the following error message:
oxo2A9EFAE

Any help?

[Post New]by shylady152 on Aug 30, 11 4:16 PM
I was having the same problems with this game as some. started off good then black screen, Freezing most of the time i was using my control, alt just to get it started again.

jramme
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by jramme on Aug 30, 11 4:33 PM
debssd1 wrote:Hi please can anyone help me i still have 18 mins left to play on the demo but i went out of the game for a few mins then when i went back to play again i cannot get to play it as there is no play button please help !!!!!

When you go back in, the button says continue, not play.

Go to: