annetterider
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

SO RIPPED OFF

[Post New]by annetterider on Aug 30, 11 5:10 AM
I feel so ripped of, this is the shortest "Collectors Edition" I have ever played. It is a good game and I enjoyed it, but gee 6 short chapters is not worth paying the Collectors Edition amount for. I think we should get a free game to make up for the short fall. Really p***ed off.

SO IF YOU ARE THINKING OF GETTING THIS GAME JUST BE AWARE THAT IT IS VERY VERY SHORT AND NOT WORTH THE MONEY

Re:SO RIPPED OFF

[Post New]by Dragonflyblu on Aug 30, 11 8:33 AM
I feel the same, This the first and last time I will buy extra credits for a collectors edition, I am left wondering what exactly make this a CE, there seems to be no extra game play unless the regular version doesn't finish the game at all

grammy8x
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by grammy8x on Aug 30, 11 4:18 PM
Thanks!!! I'll wait for the other version.

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Aug 30, 11 7:53 PM
BUYER BEWARE! This is a very good game, but who decided it was a CE? Bonus play is integrated within the game and your bonus will be wallpaper, etc. WAIT until the SE comes out and save yourself some bucks!

[Post New]by LaraWright on Aug 30, 11 9:06 PM
Is it just me or are the CE games getting shorter and shorter every time? I always buy the CE games but I am about to the point that it's just not worth it anymore! The games keep getting shorter and easier!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

SO RIPPED OFF

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 31, 11 2:09 AM
annetterider wrote:I feel so ripped of, this is the shortest "Collectors Edition" I have ever played. It is a good game and I enjoyed it, but gee 6 short chapters is not worth paying the Collectors Edition amount for.

I am sorry you feel that the chapters were all short. I played an hour each in chapter 1 and 2, so that is 2 hours already for 2 chapters. I have not yet played the other chapters (had a nasty migraine), but even if the other 4 chapters are only half an hour long, that would still add 2 more hours, which makes it 4 hours in all for me.

I don`t think that those peeps who play fast and furious should advise others not to buy a game because they think the game is too short. We all play at a different speed. I like to take my time, look around, not skip the puzzles, not use hints in the H0 scenes, and enjoy the animation that is just beautifully done in this game (just look at the main map). I am not the kind of person who clicks her way furiously through a game, but enjoys the game and plays it in leasure.

Also, to those fishies who read the negative comments and think they shouldn`t get the game: Try the game out for yourselves and find out for yourselves whether you like the game or not. It`s a shame that a lot of peeps listen to the negative comments but not to the positive ones. This is a first-class game, with stunning graphics, wonderful characters, voice-over, great gameplay, and nice puzzles, as well as some extras like finding coins and buying trophies with them, and getting a gold medal for a chapter you finish without skipping a puzzle and not using a hint (at least, I think those are the requirements).

Happy gaming, everyone.

annetterider
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

SO RIPPED OFF

[Post New]by annetterider on Aug 31, 11 4:04 AM
Valdy wrote:
annetterider wrote:I feel so ripped of, this is the shortest "Collectors Edition" I have ever played. It is a good game and I enjoyed it, but gee 6 short chapters is not worth paying the Collectors Edition amount for.

I am sorry you feel that the chapters were all short. I played an hour each in chapter 1 and 2, so that is 2 hours already for 2 chapters. I have not yet played the other chapters (had a nasty migraine), but even if the other 4 chapters are only half an hour long, that would still add 2 more hours, which makes it 4 hours in all for me.

I don`t think that those peeps who play fast and furious should advise others not to buy a game because they think the game is too short. We all play at a different speed. I like to take my time, look around, not skip the puzzles, not use hints in the H0 scenes, and enjoy the animation that is just beautifully done in this game (just look at the main map). I am not the kind of person who clicks her way furiously through a game, but enjoys the game and plays it in leasure.

Also, to those fishies who read the negative comments and think they shouldn`t get the game: Try the game out for yourselves and find out for yourselves whether you like the game or not. It`s a shame that a lot of peeps listen to the negative comments but not to the positive ones. This is a first-class game, with stunning graphics, wonderful characters, voice-over, great gameplay, and nice puzzles, as well as some extras like finding coins and buying trophies with them, and getting a gold medal for a chapter you finish without skipping a puzzle and not using a hint (at least, I think those are the requirements).

Happy gaming, everyone.

I am not a fast player and I to look around and dont skip mini games unless I have to. So I feel that I have a right to have my say on this or any other game, and even if I did play quickly I still have a right to have my say.
As I said I liked the game it was just far to short to called a CE and it had no extra play, just screen savers, music etc. The graphics are good, but still that doesnt mean it is worth the price of a CE.

Just to let you know I am not the only one who thought it was very short.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

SO RIPPED OFF

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 31, 11 9:29 AM
annetterider wrote:Just to let you know I am not the only one who thought it was very short.

I know you are not the only one who thinks this game is very short.

Well, I now played chapter 3 and 4, and each one took me 45 minutes. Lets say chapter 5 and 6 also will take me 45 minutes each, plus the 2 hours for chapter 1 and 2 which it took me to play, that makes it 5 hours in all in gameplay.

Even if I am being generous and say chapter 1 and 2 each also "only" took me 45 minutes each, that will still be 4 1/2 hours of gameplay. And any game that will take me about 4 hours is to me a nice long game.

I often see someone saying that 4 hours of gameplay is too short for them. Well, all I can suggest is to go back to when HOGs started, and see how long or rather short those games used to be. Anyway, I am very happy with the length of this game.

Edited on 08/31/2011 at 9:30:42 AM PST

elhar02
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by elhar02 on Aug 31, 11 10:24 AM
Valdy...couldn't agree with you more. The game to me was excellent and I enjoyed it thoroughly. For once I knew where I was going and didn't have to resort to the SG all the time. There wasn't a lot of back & forth to here, there & everywhere and my shoes thank me for that!!! The game also took me approx. 5 hrs. playing on and off a bit. It gets a -1/2 in my "pea brain"!!!

Plus it never does bother me how long a game lasts -- for me they are never that short -- but it's how I enjoy it and if I'm having fun. This one did the trick for me!!!

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Aug 31, 11 11:46 AM
I don't feel ripped off... just disappointed. I buy CE games for EXTRA game play, NOT free play of the same game. I do NOT rush through games, rarely use hints or the SG.... when I get lost or confused, I usually just walk away from a game and come back with a fresh perspective. I'm NOT at all sorry I bought this game and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it, I just thought I was buying more...

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 31, 11 11:58 AM
elhar02 wrote:Valdy...couldn't agree with you more. The game to me was excellent and I enjoyed it thoroughly. For once I knew where I was going and didn't have to resort to the SG all the time. There wasn't a lot of back & forth to here, there & everywhere and my shoes thank me for that!!! The game also took me approx. 5 hrs. playing on and off a bit. It gets a -1/2 in my "pea brain"!!!

Plus it never does bother me how long a game lasts -- for me they are never that short -- but it's how I enjoy it and if I'm having fun. This one did the trick for me!!!

I am with you, Elhar02. I never look at the clock to see how long a game takes me. I enjoy the game for the game`s sake, for the graphics and for the gameplay.

I only did it this once because of those peeps who claimed the game was too short. So I checked the time to see how long a chapter took me to play. And on average, a chapter took me at least 45 minutes to play, multiplied by 6 chapters, that makes it at least 4 1/2 hours, which to me is a really nice length.

Cobweb55 wrote:I don't feel ripped off... just disappointed. I buy CE games for EXTRA game play, NOT free play of the same game.

Hi Cobweb55

But you did get an EXTRA game play - it`s chapter 6. Chapter 6 is the bonus game that will not be part of the SE. So just like all the other CEs, this one also has an extra bonus game, which is the painting with the chain.

Edited on 08/31/2011 at 12:01:14 PM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 31, 11 12:04 PM
Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking the time out to post your thoughts about the game. I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a Reviews thread in most of our Game Forums, which is the best place to post your opinions on the game! You can find it stickied at the top of the Forum, or you can click here.

If you would like to further discuss the game with any general comments, whether it be about the characters or about other games this one might remind you of, a great place to post is in this thread:

Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings Collector's Edition

Since we'd like to reserve the Game Forum for game questions and/or tips, I'll be locking this thread, but please feel free to continue your discussion in the appropriate thread(s). Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 08/31/2011 at 12:05:33 PM PST

Go to: