NutMeg1987
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

votes for Jake Baron quest

[Post New]by NutMeg1987 on Jan 5, 09 4:29 AM
I'm a little confused about what to do now on this quest. I found a thread that said you have to do the possessed town quest to get 7 votes, but I'm still needing way more than that. Do you get the other votes doing the trading post and/or sheriff quest(s), or am I missing something? I've done all the "pop up" quests, and right now all my town is doing is sitting there. Any help would be great. Thanks

alienflt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:votes for Jake Baron quest

[Post New]by alienflt on Jan 5, 09 5:11 AM
I found this further in the forums as I have been searching for help on stuff as well. Not sure if it works or not as I have had to restart this game a few times and still cannot figure out how to get the first key for the treasure chest.

Re:Need 7 Votes
by Imandra on Jan 3, 09 8:32 AM
I think you get the 7 votes when you solved the "Possessed Townspeople" Quest a la Sleepy Hollow. You can enter a cave in the north east of your map if you build a lamp in front of it.

cthmid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by cthmid on Jan 5, 09 7:35 AM
to get the key you have to chop down or blow up the big tree that is next to the moat it will fall on the button to open up the gate for you to get the chest. the key is in there it opens the flooded cabin in the bottem corner

NutMeg1987
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by NutMeg1987 on Jan 5, 09 11:37 AM
Thanks, y'all. I found a really good thread with a break down of each batch of votes. I can't remember what thread it was, but I have the list if anybody else needs it.

dogzy
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by dogzy on Jan 5, 09 12:28 PM
NutMeg1987 wrote:Thanks, y'all. I found a really good thread with a break down of each batch of votes. I can't remember what thread it was, but I have the list if anybody else needs it.

I would like it please lol

NutMeg1987
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by NutMeg1987 on Jan 6, 09 9:56 AM
Here's the list (and I would give credit to the original poster, but I didn't write that down and don't remember the thread):

3 votes for resolving lumberjack/gunslnger/??? conflict
15 votes from earhquake valley
10 votes for hiring Jake Baron as mayor
5 votes for cleaning up drunks in town
25 votes from neighboring town (the town where 5 people have different problems for you to solve)
35 votes for swindling McAllister
7 votes for Sleepy Hollow aka haunted town

I had done all of these except swindling McAllister and still needed 37 votes, but when I finished that quest and returned to my town, I had all the votes I needed.

dogzy
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by dogzy on Jan 6, 09 3:39 PM
hi, I need 7 more votes, i've not done earthquake valley which is 15 so how does that work??

ArmyMomOkc
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by ArmyMomOkc on Jan 6, 09 5:00 PM
the list is a good guide, but you can do them in a different order ( earthquake valley or sleepyhollow) they will give votes. For example I had done sleepyhollow first & still needed 7 votes did EV last & got them.

Oggy08
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Oggy08 on Jan 7, 09 9:35 AM
Good list and yes you can do them in any order. I ended up with more than 100 votes: -

5 votes for cleaning up the drunks
3 votes for the professional challenge
25 votes from neighbouring town for solving problems
10 votes for hiring Jake Baron as mayor
35 votes swindling McAllister (quest appears after hiring Jake as mayor)
15 votes from Earthquake Valley
4 - 10 votes from haunted town (depends how many people you have in the town)
10 votes for smuggling supplies into McAllister's town

NB with the haunted town, the number of votes is not the number of "normal" people left. All the zombies are cured at the end of the quest and the total number of people is the total number of votes you get.

TIP if you haven't completed the haunted town quest yet. I have played the game several times and I found that if you build a church immediately the villagers stop getting turned into zombies (apart from the man you speak to first of course).

I have also finished the game without collecting all 100 votes. From memory I was 3 short the first time, but was still able to travel on the train to get Jake elected. Only problem was that the votes for Jake quest was never marked as completed.

Go to: