cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 31 August 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Aug 31, 11 12:07 AM
Any comments fishes?
I would like to say a big thank you to all you fishes that come and give your comments and reviews. I know how much I look forward to seeing what has been said about the DD's every day and that there are many more fishes like me. So keep reviewing and commenting fishes, we really do appreciate it.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Todays DD 31 August 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 31, 11 12:39 AM
Hi there cleoladycat,
Well, I'll add my tuppence worth again!!
As you all have probably assumed, this is the second of three instalments of this basically Adventure/Find the Objects you need game.
As with the first, you need to scroll in 360 degrees to seek and find (but the scrolling can be turned off in the options for those of you who don't like this and you can use directional arrows instead).
Unlike the first chapter that had a sense of Indiana Jones about it, this second one is based in a real-time building and was "disappointing" to many of us because of this factor. Many of us wanted to continue in a fantasy vein, but were sent into a more realistic scene and found the premise more "bland".
That said, it is still a worthwhile chapter to this series and continues to explain the predicament our hero - yes a male character! - is in.
For those of you who haven't played any of this series yet, well, whilst they are realistically 3 stand alone games, I would recommend that you play them in order to fully appreciate the game's premise.
And, you already have a series of forums and WTs if you need to refer to them.
So, if you are looking for a PC filler, try the first game, and if you like it grab hold of this one before the DD finishes. You can always play it later!!
Cheers

csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Todays DD 31 August 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by csmith116 on Aug 31, 11 3:40 AM
cleoladycat wrote:Any comments fishes?
I would like to say a big thank you to all you fishes that come and give your comments and reviews. I know how much I look forward to seeing what has been said about the DD's every day and that there are many more fishes like me. So keep reviewing and commenting fishes, we really do appreciate it.

Ditto from me. I can't remember the last time I have purchased a game, used a code, or even a game credit purchased without checking here first. Thanks.
Bessie Mae

JayTeeLine
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by JayTeeLine on Aug 31, 11 4:22 AM
Thanks for the encouragement cleoladycat....and for getting in here so quickly to post this thread every day. I really appreciate a thread to come home to....so to speak.

DragonLadyOz, Unfortunately I demo'd todays DD first, instead of starting with the #1 demo as you suggested. Learned one thing though....I don't know if my non techie brain can handle the difficulty level of this series. But I will demo#1 right now to see if it is easier.

I see that #1 has already been an earlier DD, but will give it a try anyway...to see what I missed. Might wait and see if it also becomes a COTW offer for later, rather than spend a credit right now if I like it.

This one (# 2) feels like big work to me, and I don't know if I can handle it -- kinda like pushing a logchain up hill. Don't want my brain to go into overload. When I stopped it was a bit like 'oh it feels so good to stop' whew!!!!

Otherwise this one will make for a good winter game...if I have the patience to keep on keeping on with it.

It appears to be a challenge on the difficulty scale, and that will be an excellent choice for many of you hard core gamers with computer brain savvy.

I, on the other had couldn't even get the elevator to leave the parking garage for the first 15 mins. Been there, done that before - as elevators are not my forte either!! No small challenge too small for me!

The graphics are much better than I thought they would be; very 'today, tomorrow and then some'. Much like an expensive upscale high rise work environment. Nice and clear too. A pleasant surprise as the screen shots don't do it justice

Didn't notice the music, so I'll have to go back and check it out. Hmmmm, it must have been on the subtle side.

Actually, it seems to be a really good game and a nice 2.99 PC filler. My two PC's are overflowing this month, and I am trying so hard to wait until next month to begin purchasing again.

I restrained myself and only bought 1 CE on the weekend one time sale. Silly me, I should have gone ahead with the rest of the CE's that are on my list,,,,as that was REALLY a sweet deal.

Hoping my brain fog will lift soon. Must be the weather clouding up my thinking processes. But I have til the end of the day to make up my mind. Glad it has a WT. That might make it a yes as a purchase. I truly need WT's.

So I'll be back to see if anyone else has any comments or reviews that will help me decide.

NavyMom90
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by NavyMom90 on Aug 31, 11 4:56 AM
For those of you that are considering filling up your PC with this game, or those of you who don't have quite enough I thought I would mention that BFG has extended the deadline for their CE sale from this past weekend thru the end of today. This is due to technical difficulties that they encountered. So those of you who missed it or are now wishing you had grabbed it up it is still available!

JayTeeLine
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by JayTeeLine on Aug 31, 11 5:23 AM
Oh you are a darling NavyMom90, as I don't know how I missed knowing that. Well, I'd best rethink the situation.....and the only thing worse than having no choice -- is to have too many choices!!!!

Wholly crapola again!! Eeek.
Gonna check it out.
You made my day.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Aug 31, 11 5:24 AM
Where did you hear that NavyMom?

[Post New]by doofenschmurtz on Aug 31, 11 5:46 AM
NavyMom90 wrote:For those of you that are considering filling up your PC with this game, or those of you who don't have quite enough I thought I would mention that BFG has extended the deadline for their CE sale from this past weekend thru the end of today. This is due to technical difficulties that they encountered. So those of you who missed it or are now wishing you had grabbed it up it is still available!

I was on Chat live yesterday and they told me about and I got a few more hard to resist Can't hurt to use the ONETIME code today and see what happens.Only drawback today is the list they had on the weekend what was eligible is not available from what CS told me so I had to go to the Gendre HOG and do the research
Happy Gaming Doof

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Aug 31, 11 6:02 AM
NavyMom90 wrote:For those of you that are considering filling up your PC with this game, or those of you who don't have quite enough I thought I would mention that BFG has extended the deadline for their CE sale from this past weekend thru the end of today. This is due to technical difficulties that they encountered. So those of you who missed it or are now wishing you had grabbed it up it is still available!

Thank you so much for mentioning this NavyMom! I was just thinking that I wish I taken advantage of that sale and I had no idea it was still on.

I loved the first in this series and I have to see what happens next, so this is an easy buy at the DD price for me.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Aug 31, 11 6:02 AM
Doof, That's cool!! I don't have the money now. lol There was one game that I couldn't get the SE to download and install last week. Since the CE was on sale at the same price, I went ahead and got the CE. That was the first time I had a problem with a game downloading and installing.

I hope that with the sale being such a great success, they have another one in the future.

NavyMom90
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by NavyMom90 on Aug 31, 11 7:18 AM
Woofie53 wrote:Where did you hear that NavyMom?

I received the information in an email they sent me in response to a problem I am having. It was one of those 'so-sorry-we-are-running-a-little-behind-in-our-responses' emails and it mentioned that IF I had a problem that was from this past weekend that they were working on fixing it. Etc.

Yes the code is still ONETIME.

I am glad to help!

JayTeeLine
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by JayTeeLine on Aug 31, 11 10:37 AM
Purchased one more CE thanks to your info NavyMom. Thank you so very much for your posts. And Doof too.

I had accidently over purchased a tad in August, and was holding 2+ PCs. Not knowing quite how to handle the plus part of 2+, the news of the one time CE sales extended deadline worked perfectly for me.

The 3 punches from todays CE purchase, plus today's DD and buying the COTW a few days early put me at exactly 3 PCs. So now I finished up this month in the nick of time, and will begin on next month tomorrow.

For the first time ever I have accumlated 4 free game credits and am so excited, as I have been totally not buying more or using my game credits until I could do it all at once this month and next.. And carefully weighing my options until it was driving me crazy.

omgoodness, I am in game heaven.
I am such a happy gamer tonight!!

NavyMom90
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by NavyMom90 on Aug 31, 11 3:46 PM
JayTeeLine wrote:Purchased one more CE thanks to your info NavyMom. Thank you so very much for your posts. And Doof too.

I had accidently over purchased a tad in August, and was holding 2+ PCs. Not knowing quite how to handle the plus part of 2+, the news of the one time CE sales extended deadline worked perfectly for me.

The 3 punches from todays CE purchase, plus today's DD and buying the COTW a few days early put me at exactly 3 PCs. So now I finished up this month in the nick of time, and will begin on next month tomorrow.

For the first time ever I have accumlated 4 free game credits and am so excited, as I have been totally not buying more or using my game credits until I could do it all at once this month and next.. And carefully weighing my options until it was driving me crazy.

omgoodness, I am in game heaven.
I am such a happy gamer tonight!!

I am very happy to help! I find myself in the same predicament of having to choose and decide! But it is a happy dilemma!

Happy Gaming to All!

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Aug 31, 11 11:13 PM
Yes, Thank you NavyMom90. I was upset that I had missed the sale this weekend because of the power outage in my area from Hurricane Irene. I was without power for 3 days while some are still without power today. Because I read your post I was able to pick up a handful of CE's that were on my list. Thanks.

Go to: