textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Reviews for My Kingdom for the Princess III

[Post New]by textrekkie on Aug 31, 11 12:20 AM
What do you think of My Kingdom for the Princess 3?

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to post it in the technical support thread.

Edited on 08/31/2011 at 12:37:32 AM PST

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Re:Reviews for My Kingdom for the Princess III

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Aug 31, 11 12:38 AM
Hey Fishies!

This thread has now been stickied.

What do you think of My Kingdom for the Princess III? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Aug 31, 11 12:56 AM
This is one of the very best Building game series, the game is great but I liked the second one more!

Graphics are very good but could it be more colorful? Gameplay is good as usual with the inventory bar on two sides. Story is really great, loved it! Mini games are not new but still fun to play. I think there're 60 levels in total? The game is a disappointment for me or my expectations are too high? Ive actually bought the game and I really liked it for now

Grades:

Graphics: A
Story: A*
Music: B
Features: B
Fun: A
Gameplay: A
Overall: A

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 6:24:56 AM PST

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Aug 31, 11 1:05 AM
Good Morning all on this wonderful (if grey & dreary) Thursday & congratulations on the safe arrival of MKFAP III

Well as this is the 3rd installment, I will write about similarities and changes compared to the other two.

The story is, Helen & Arthur have been married 25 years. (how time flies LOL ) and they have 3 sons. Their friend the neighbouring king says one of their sons can marry his daughter. The sons will be given a bit of land to manage & the winner will be the one who makes the most profit. The arrogant son and the gluttonous son have fruitful firtile lands but the youngest son, the cutest one is secretly in love with the Princess Elizabeth & he has the poor infested lands. etc. I assume we are playing him as he has to win the princess right ?

The tutorial is still integral but unobtrusive and the voices are the same

This time your inventory is vertical on the right hand side as is your bonus bar and your goals vertical on the left. It takes a bit of getting used to especially if you have just been playing the earlier games. But different is good !

There are 5 lands to go through & land 1 has 12 episodes so I am guessing at this being 60 episodes long.

Along with your goals you have to collect a heart, an artifact piece which gets built on the main menu page.

Also there are trophies to collect. I just got a bronze one for building 10 things, so there are probably silver and gold to follow for all sorts of achievements.

The little clock above the renewable sources is very useful letting you know when something becomes available.

The Castle you expand before nightful seems a bit more retro than before & I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Thankyou BFG, I am loving this game.

Now I must be excused & go & play some more.

Jojo

ETA, I have just played a mini game, bashing 40 wolves, so thry are still part of the occasional level.

Edited on 08/31/2011 at 1:11:31 AM PST

kimnick
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kimnick on Aug 31, 11 1:26 AM
I didnt even trial this game a straight out buy for me

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Aug 31, 11 1:37 AM
The bashing wolves thing - was that introduced in the last game, or was it in the first one as well? I don't recall it being in the first, but it's been some time since I played. I remember feeling stressed with it in the last one - bees, or wasps?

Also, do you get the voiceovers while playing a level, or only between levels?

They were two of the deciding factors towards a "no buy" of the last game for me, and if they're still in, I don't think I'll even play the demo of this one.

MaddyKat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by MaddyKat on Aug 31, 11 1:43 AM
I didn't trial this game, liked the reviews and have to buy!

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Aug 31, 11 2:02 AM
ShazPG wrote:The bashing wolves thing - was that introduced in the last game, or was it in the first one as well? I don't recall it being in the first, but it's been some time since I played. I remember feeling stressed with it in the last one - bees, or wasps?

Also, do you get the voiceovers while playing a level, or only between levels?

They were two of the deciding factors towards a "no buy" of the last game for me, and if they're still in, I don't think I'll even play the demo of this one.

Hi Shaz, the bashing wasn't in the first one, you just had to collect gold coins.

The only voice overs in play are "you've won a trophy" or "you've won a prize", but they have not distracted from the game play.
Jojo

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Aug 31, 11 2:06 AM
I am writing this review on the basis of the demo, so I haven't yet gotten through the first level.

@ ShazPG: As I remember, the bashing of wasps, wolves, ghosts, and snakes came in the second MKFTP, and it stressed me out the first few times that I had to do it (especially when I had to do the SNAKES--ugh): the wolves always seemed faster to me, but I didn't have much trouble with the ghosts, the snakes, and the wasps. For nature lovers, this part of the play may be problematical, but for me it's a game. MKFTP has always only had voice overs in between the islands/levels, even in the first game.

The basic game play is the same as in the first two games: a good TM game where you have to plot which paths to follow (to the sawmill and farms, and then to the bridges etc.) The innovations are that you have to collect heart artifacts (which just figures into your general strategy of what to build or collect when) and, as Jojo noted, the speed-ups now appear on a vertical column on the right-hand side instead of at the bottom of the screen.

You also don't have a map of the islands as in the previous games: instead, you have a series of flags at the top that chart your progress. Personally, I preferred the maps because I like maps and you could tell from the image what kinds of territory you were in.

So far, this game really hasn't distinguished itself from the previous ones, but, as I said at the beginning, I'm not yet through the first level. If you like the first two games, you will probably like this one.

Edited on 08/31/2011 at 2:08:05 AM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 31, 11 2:50 AM
instant buy for me.....i love the 1st 2, will pop in with thoughts later

Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by Staril on Aug 31, 11 2:54 AM
I was very excited to see this game available this morning ... nearly bought it without trying the demo but I'm sort of happy now that I didn't. It still has that really annoying level of bash the random monsters on the roads ... wolves this time. I have no idea why they have that in there and have never seen anything but complaints about it in the last version. They have also placed the inventory slots at the sides ... which is a real issue on my wide screen ... I need to take my eyes off the playing area to look over and spot the small icons showing how many of each item that I have. It has already started a headache for me and I've only played the first 5 levels. I really, really want to buy the game but it is rapidly becoming unplayable. Are they actively trying to stop people from playing it? grrrrrr

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 31, 11 3:39 AM
I think if you liked the other two games, you should like this game too. For me its a definete buy

ZuluDawn13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by ZuluDawn13 on Aug 31, 11 3:47 AM
I loved the first two episodes and nearly bought this one without trialling it first.

What has put me off the game a bit is that the developers have retained that stupid bash the animals feature in the game - you know bash 40 wolves to get to the next level.

I do not like this feature for two reasons -

1. I have osteoarthritis and cannot manage to move my cursor quick enough..
2. I do not like to bash animals in any game. x5

Apart from that, I really like this game and maybe there is a FIX so we do not have to bash anything at all, just use our strategy skills which is much more enjoyable.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Aug 31, 11 3:47 AM
THERE IS A NEW TYPE OF MINI GAME

Just played it going into land 2.

It is the sort where you are floating & scrolling, hitting (collecting) coins & diamonds & avoiding rocks & bats etc, followed by a shoot out with a dragon.

I found this rather tricky & it took me about 5 go's to get through, but it was different & fun.

Jojo

Uzea
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Uzea on Aug 31, 11 4:00 AM
YES I was so happy to see this game this morning, but was a bit diaspointed that it is not much different from the other 2. I can just play the others over again, but I hope as I get into the game there will be some change, and I have a problem I can not se the "timer" ?????

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Aug 31, 11 4:10 AM
I can play the full version of this game on another site with my pass which makes it nice if I want to play it.

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Aug 31, 11 4:41 AM
I was so excited to see this game!! I've only played a few levels and will be buying this game. Did anyone else think the building of the bridges was really slow?

Happy gaming to all!

Edited to add: if you manage to break the developer's score, I'd like a different flag. I also like the flags on the map like they were in the previous games. I would like to know the developer's score for each level - so I know what I have to do to beat it.

But it still a very fun game and I am so glad I bought it.

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 6:15:28 AM PST

KarenS
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by KarenS on Aug 31, 11 4:56 AM
This will be an automatic buy for me when it's available for the MAC. I love this series so much and had no idea there was a 3rd one!!! I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it in the PC section.

ibnurdreamz
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by ibnurdreamz on Aug 31, 11 5:04 AM
I have been waiting for this, DL it now! BF knows how to make a girl happy! Will let you know my opinion but even sight unseen, this is a buy for me. I had left my membership, but this will bring me back. Thanks BF!!!

I love the game, but...bridge building SLOW, still hate the guy saying what are you waiting for, clock is ticking!! But otherwise that is small dislikes. MKFPIII is just what I have been waiting for!!!! A buy it will be!!!!!!

Edited on 09/03/2011 at 7:29:33 AM PST

[Post New]by jenanne1 on Aug 31, 11 5:30 AM
where is the mac version?

Go to: