textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Post any My Kingdom for the Princess III technical issues here only

[Post New]by textrekkie on Aug 31, 11 12:26 AM
Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.

Edited on 08/31/2011 at 12:36:43 AM PST

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Re:Post Any Technical Issues For My Kingdom for the Princess 3 Here

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Aug 31, 11 12:36 AM
Hi everyone,

This thread has now been stickied.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

rebeccak
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Post any My Kingdom for the Princess III technical issues here only

[Post New]by rebeccak on Aug 31, 11 1:21 AM
I note that this third installment does not list Windows 7 as one of the operating systems that it will run on, even though the first two MKFTP games do list that they run using Windows 7. I am trying it anyway, and so far it works ok.

[Post New]by booger14 on Aug 31, 11 2:32 AM
I am totally shocked that they didn't make it for window's version. Disappointed. Cannot read or see how many resources i actually have. Pushes it out to the right. Was so looking forward to the next adventure. Shame on you.

Uzea
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Uzea on Aug 31, 11 4:02 AM
I can not see the "timer" so I don't know if it soon or not will be nightfall, any surgestions what to do?

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Aug 31, 11 4:35 AM
Hi Uzea,

The timer is attached to the lt side vertical goal indicator.

Would changing your screen resolution help ?
Jojo

[Post New]by butterfly3943 on Aug 31, 11 4:37 AM
I keep getting the message during the game that the path is blocked, even though I've already cleared the area it is indicating. It happened in MKFTP II also, but not as frequently as this one. This time it's happening on every level. It is very frustrating. Is there any way to fix it?

pusskatt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pusskatt on Aug 31, 11 5:15 AM
butterfly3943 wrote:I keep getting the message during the game that the path is blocked, even though I've already cleared the area it is indicating. It happened in MKFTP II also, but not as frequently as this one. This time it's happening on every level. It is very frustrating. Is there any way to fix it?

Same. On level 1.10 at the moment. Please fix ASAP!

littletanpom
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by littletanpom on Aug 31, 11 5:18 AM
I was very happy to see this game. I installed with no problems went though the story lines and am ready to play. But nothing happens when I click on "episode 1". I am currently running Windows 7 - what gives? I have never had this happen to me before. Any advice fishies?

UPDATE:Uninstalled and reinstalled game. Messed with it a bit and I can now play. I too liked the map of previous games and wish it were back!

Edited on 08/31/2011 at 6:09:40 AM PST

Islanderhh99
Manatee
Manatee
3,924 Posts

[Post New]by Islanderhh99 on Aug 31, 11 6:23 AM
littletanpom wrote:I was very happy to see this game. I installed with no problems went though the story lines and am ready to play. But nothing happens when I click on "episode 1". I am currently running Windows 7 - what gives? I have never had this happen to me before. Any advice fishies?

UPDATE:Uninstalled and reinstalled game. Messed with it a bit and I can now play. I too liked the map of previous games and wish it were back!

Having the same problem, nothing happens when I click play. Am I going to have to reinstall it?? Ugh....

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Aug 31, 11 6:26 AM
I downloaded the trial but my Game Manager is showing that my trial is expired before I got a chance to play. Please advise. Thanks.

Edit: I attempted to uninstall but the Game Manager shows Error 346(?) and says that the game is still running when I never got a chance to open the game.

Edited on 08/31/2011 at 6:51:52 AM PST

vsbash
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by vsbash on Aug 31, 11 6:29 AM
Yup, same here. Can't see the timer bar as it cuts off of my screen. I can see my inventory so until I get farther into the game the timer isn't that big of a deal. I hope they have the problem resolved before then! C'mon Big Fish, get cracking!!

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Aug 31, 11 7:25 AM
minor issue - haven't played the trial yet, but the screenshots on the download page are from MKFTP 2! If what everyone says about the timer and resource bars being moved. Plus I recognize those levels.
Can we get up-to-date screen shots please?

[Post New]by msfaeriedust on Aug 31, 11 10:09 AM
Same exact thing happened to me! I loved the first installment of this game and was looking forward to trying this one...please advise!

Taltam1 wrote:I downloaded the trial but my Game Manager is showing that my trial is expired before I got a chance to play. Please advise. Thanks.

Edit: I attempted to uninstall but the Game Manager shows Error 346(?) and says that the game is still running when I never got a chance to open the game.

Lady_Mags
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Mags on Aug 31, 11 10:38 AM
Having the same issue get to adventure 1 and nothing works how did everyone else get it to work? Have already removed it and reinstalled it twice with no luck. Have to say am very disappointed as I really liked the two previous ones .

So can someone help me get it to run !!!

EWC28
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by EWC28 on Aug 31, 11 11:08 AM
Having the same issue with "the path is blocked" even when it's not. It's been a consistent issue on one particular level, I think 1.10. I've tried replaying that level about 5 times and it gets stuck in different spots. Also, at times the game freezes for a couple seconds which is annoying - that problem might be related to my computer though, I'm not sure.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 31, 11 11:15 AM
Hello everyone,

Thanks for posting the issues you're seeing when trying to play this game. I'd like to offer some suggestions for the issues in this thread. For those of you unable to proceed with the game due to a "path is blocked" message and/or unable to start the game, I would definitely recommend checking to see if an upgrade to your computer might help. Please follow the steps in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the Trial Version is expiring before you've been able to play it, please exit out of the Game Manager (click on the X on the upper right) and re-load it.

If you continue to have troubles with the game after going through these steps, please write in to Tech Support with as much information as you can (i.e. including a Dr. Felix report, a screenshot, any specific error messages, etc.) and our reps will be happy to help you with the next steps. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Aug 31, 11 11:51 AM
littletanpom wrote:I was very happy to see this game. I installed with no problems went though the story lines and am ready to play. But nothing happens when I click on "episode 1". I am currently running Windows 7 - what gives? I have never had this happen to me before. Any advice fishies?

I am having the same problem. I am also running Windows 7. What a disappointment.

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Aug 31, 11 12:43 PM
You have to click the "play" button on the right hand side. Not the adventure1 button.
I know it's kind of clunky that way, but that's what you do to start a game.

[Post New]by SmokeyMtnLinda on Aug 31, 11 1:26 PM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:Hi Uzea,

The timer is attached to the lt side vertical goal indicator.

Would changing your screen resolution help ?
Jojo

I CANNOT VIEW THE FULL SCREEN (amounts of food, wood, etc.): I am also using Windows 7 and I followed the suggestion of jojo. I went in and reset my resolution to 1024x768 and was able to see the full screen; amount of wood, food, etc. But the game was changed back to the look of MKFTP 1 and 2. I really don't like having to play with the old graphics, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Does anyone know if BF is working on this problem, or does anyone have a solution? I am brain-dead when it comes to technical issues.

Go to: