bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Reviews for Frankenstein: The Dismembered Bride

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Aug 31, 11 1:39 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Frankenstein: The Dismembered Bride? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

Re:Reviews for Frankenstein: The Dismembered Bride

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Aug 31, 11 3:26 AM
This is a Hdo game, I do not like them personally, so I am not going to download.

[Post New]by doofenschmurtz on Aug 31, 11 5:52 AM
Thank you Becca for the review Today being the end of the month and all no time to waste on junk from that company

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Aug 31, 11 5:53 AM
The minute I realized this was an Hd0 game I wanted to exit out but decided to give it a try.
I have to say that compared to the past games from them this one is at least playable.

I have to make this quick so here are the pros and cons.

PROS:
Easier to navigate that other Hd0 games
Some humor if you play long enough.
Cute story line
You can earn extra hints

CONS;
Ridiculous controls for mini games
Mini games are to easy and repetitive
Blurry graphics
Hidden object scenes have some issues like:
Very small unidentifiable objects.
Strange names for items such as, tub = gas can and catapult = slingshot
After you find all the listed items you have an inventory item to find but it glows so you
don't have to look for it.
You have to move the scenes around like they are a snap shot.

I do have to say that Hd0 has come a long way with their game. Unfortunately they went from completely to hard and complicated to play to far to easy. This a definite hand holder all the way.
They need to come up with a happy medium.
Give it a try. In my opinion some may actually like this. It's not for me though.

I give it a out of possible 5.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 31, 11 6:06 AM
sportygal2009 wrote:I played this game a year or so ago on another site so didn't bother to download it here. But I recall this game and well... This has got to be one of the worst games I've ever downloaded/ played or I should say try to play. I only lasted about 10 to 15 minutes tops. I just couldn't take it. The lady screaming every few seconds. The graphics are one of the worst I've ever come across in a game. Made it difficult to find anything and some items to find were so small. This also reminded me of Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Oh, I remember that. I thought the title sounded familiar. Yes, those endless screams did it for me as well. I was going round the bend with those sounds. LOL

Didn`t buy the game then, won`t buy it now.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Aug 31, 11 8:57 AM
HdO?

No.

[Post New]by rhiannonez on Aug 31, 11 10:12 AM
What a pathetic game!!! Things aren't what is asked for even. The metal box looks like a tin can, the tub looks like a gas can. The premise of the game is ridiculous and the graphics suck!!!! Very disappointing game

[Post New]by pennyv448 on Aug 31, 11 10:19 AM
Me too, not liking it. Didn't finish demo either.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Aug 31, 11 12:54 PM
Well the title sounded interesting so I decided to try the game out but I simply could not last more than 25 minutes.

The graphics are average but the scenes were very dark, the music overly dramatic & the background sounds sort of ok; screams, ticking clocks, the type of thing which matches the subject matter; but they did get tiresome.

The hidden objects were tiny, not very well drawn & hard to find & although there is a magnifying glass which helps; when you moved the scene in magnify mode it was very jerky. When there is an important object it will be covered by a light, sometimes if you click on the object it will disappear & behind it will be other H0 items, sometimes it will be an item to add to your inventory.

There were only a couple of mini games during my short demo & there were too many icons; you can’t just click to swap squares or turn them, you have to click on an icon to determine which move to make then click another icon to make a different type of move.

The main character is quite cartoonish & keeps having weird things on his hair, first it was something that looked like a big drop of water, I couldn’t work out if it was supposed to be sweat or a Bluetooth ; then what looked like lightning bolts (presumably he was having a brainwave). At the point when a brain appeared & started talking is when I threw in the towel & stopped the game.

It is a shame the graphics & the way the mini games are played are not better as this could have been a funny game to play; it is obvious that the writer has a sense of humour.

However I cannot get past the fact that it is awkward & clunky to actually play so it is a no buy for me.

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Aug 31, 11 12:55 PM
I don't think it was that bad. I played in timed mode and they don't give a lot of time to find objects, which put a nice challenge into it, as I find regular Hidden Object games very boring.

The graphics aren't stellar, but I have seen far worse. The screaming mentioned here just happens a few times, it's not as if it accompanies the whole game (though yes, it was unnerving).

Some mini games add yet another bit to the hidden object theme, the games are okay, some of them were quite amusing. They give extra hints, which is another good thing because some of the objects were hard to find. As some others mentioned before, some objects were titled strangely, which made it a bit difficult occasionally. A good thing: while you get a limited amount of hints, they are never used up. If you use your hints, there is always one more hint available, which is a nice feature.

The game isn't too diffcult, there is some amount of figuring out what object to use where and where to go to find objects, but it's not like a walkthrough is needed.

I found the humour a bit too silly for my taste.

One thing that I would consider a definite disadvantage: the game seems to be extremely short. When the demo ended, I had found all of the wife's body parts and was in the laboratory getting ready to put her back together. As that seems to be the main objective, the game doesn't seem to be much longer than one hour unless there is a surprising twist to the story which makes the game longer.

In total: demo time went by quickly and it was a nice challenge. If it were longer, I would even consider buying it (though maybe as a Daily Deal).

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Aug 31, 11 12:56 PM
I basically agree with the other reviews here. I made it to about 5 minutes into the game before I had to delete it. I think the lady screaming is what did it for me as well.

I keep trying the HdO games in the hopes that one will be playable, but this one just isn't that one.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Aug 31, 11 3:40 PM
I played this game for 10 minutes. It is awful. Should be a children's game except Dismembered Bride would take it out of that league. The screen is small and you can not widen it. The objects in the HOGS are so tiny even a knat couldn't see them, and dialogue is stupid, and the moving arrows is somewhat like out of the old Atari Zork games. This is a terrible attempt to gleen money from an unsuspecting clientele. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Sorry BF, but I know you can do better than this. IS THERE ANYONE LEFT AT BF TO LISTEN TO US DEDICATED CONSUMERS ANYMORE?

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Aug 31, 11 3:43 PM
I played this game for 10 minutes. It is awful. Should be a children's game except Dismembered Bride would take it out of that league. The screen is small and you can not widen it. The objects in the HOGS are so tiny even a knat couldn't see them, and dialogue is stupid, and the moving arrows is somewhat like out of the old Atari Zork games. This is a terrible attempt to gleen money from an unsuspecting clientele. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Sorry BF, but I know you can do better than this. IS THERE ANYONE LEFT AT BF TO LISTEN TO US DEDICATED CONSUMERS ANYMORE?

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Aug 31, 11 4:29 PM
For an HdO game it wasn't that bad. And the screaming only goes on until you find Janet. As the characters are based on the Rocky Horror show, I found the dialogue very funny, and was able to overlook some of the more irritating aspects of the game. The puzzles are very simple and the hint system is generous, so difficult to see items don't leave you stuck, and there are lots of locations to visit. Something to fill out a punchcard, or use a PCC on? I've definately seen worse.

Safarri
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Safarri on Aug 31, 11 5:02 PM
Yikes, this just really got on my nerves. Pointless screaming sound, endless requirements for short games, moving screen, and annoying husband. Sorry, just not for me.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Aug 31, 11 8:30 PM
Well I tried this game my first day (today) of vacation (yeah!) and I have to say, I was really disappointed. I didn't mind the graphics and I thought the story line was fairly funny (like a really bad grade B movie), but everything else was aggravating. Who calls a sling shot a catapult? Or a gas can a tub? I agree with the reviews and tried (and won't be buying) this game. I have until midnight to fill up one space in my punch card. It won't be with this game!!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 31, 11 8:46 PM
The game uses British English, not American. What is called a "slingshot" in the US is called a "catapult" in England. So you do see that in some games.

As far as "tub," the game seems to use that for any fuel container, from a gas can to a barrel drum.

Robin

[Post New]by grandma_retired on Aug 31, 11 10:50 PM
Awful Game! Graphics are terrible, cumbersome, dumb...not much more to say. Just could not get through 10 minutes of this. Is it me, or are the games getting worse each day as far as quality goes?

Edited on 08/31/2011 at 10:50:47 PM PST

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Sep 1, 11 12:03 AM
FORGET IT!

unitedred7
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts