janetwhat
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

World Riddles 3 Secrets of the Ages

[Post New]by janetwhat on Aug 31, 11 7:08 AM
What a bummer.

This one has cross hairs so is a NO BUY.

They do have an auto-complete option so you don't have to get rid of all the emptyspots, but the cross hairs is annoying.

Again, what a bummer.

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

Re:World Riddles 3 Secrets of the Ages

[Post New]by cstdenis on Aug 31, 11 7:11 AM
What? Is it available here now? I never saw it come here?!?

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 31, 11 7:13 AM
by crosshairs do you mean when it lights up the 2 vectors....i like that feature.....and ..the puzzles are real good in the later stages...

no denis, i dont think its here yet... i got from the dev a bit ago

janetwhat
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by janetwhat on Aug 31, 11 7:35 AM
Yes, that vector thing.

It's ok to have it for those that appreciate it, but if it were optional I would get the game.

I would put up with the mini games just to have some new grids to play as I have memorized almost all the grids in 1 & 2.

It's not here yet, but I would have gotten it directly from the developer were it not for the cross hairs. Only did 2 grids and deleted the demo.

Sent a message to the dev asking them to let me know if they do an update to make that an option.

Think I will go play Allora. Hope you all have some harmless fun today.

janetwhat
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by janetwhat on Aug 31, 11 8:14 AM
Sorry, forgot to say why I don't like the cross hair.

I don't like the motion or for the background color to change until I fill a spot for real. Find it a distraction and have to keep determining that it is a different color, not because it has been properly filled in but just because it is supposed to be helpful.

janetwhat
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by janetwhat on Sep 13, 11 7:24 AM
janetwhat wrote:Yes, that vector thing.

It's ok to have it for those that appreciate it, but if it were optional I would get the game.

I would put up with the mini games just to have some new grids to play as I have memorized almost all the grids in 1 & 2.
It's not here yet, but I would have gotten it directly from the developer were it not for the cross hairs. Only did 2 grids and deleted the demo.

Sent a message to the dev asking them to let me know if they do an update to make that an option.

Think I will go play Allora. Hope you all have some harmless fun today.

To the person who said I should not talk about this game:

If as you suggested I did not play the first and second installments, please explain the bold-faced part of my previous post.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 13, 11 7:28 AM
jane, we are allowed, (for now) anyway, to discuss all games here, even ones that will never come here like mortimer beckett, dont know who told you not to talk about it, but it is allowed, the only thing we are asked to do is a spoiler alert if we are talking about a specific part of a storyline

janetwhat
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by janetwhat on Sep 13, 11 8:09 AM
Not sure why you even think 1&2 are relevent to my comment since they do NOT have cross-hairs. Have you played them?

janetwhat
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by janetwhat on Sep 13, 11 8:10 AM
bella81762 wrote:jane, we are allowed, (for now) anyway, to discuss all games here, even ones that will never come here like mortimer beckett, dont know who told you not to talk about it, but it is allowed, the only thing we are asked to do is a spoiler alert if we are talking about a specific part of a storyline

Thanks bella. All I asked of the developers was that they make the cross-hairs optional.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 13, 11 8:21 AM
janetwhat wrote:
bella81762 wrote:jane, we are allowed, (for now) anyway, to discuss all games here, even ones that will never come here like mortimer beckett, dont know who told you not to talk about it, but it is allowed, the only thing we are asked to do is a spoiler alert if we are talking about a specific part of a storyline

Thanks bella. All I asked of the developers was that they make the cross-hairs optional.

your welcome........that would not be something i would think needs a spoiler warning, as many hanje games have them.....its like saying say in MKFAP, the timer runs out, please put in a relaxed option,

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Sep 13, 11 8:50 AM
bella81762 wrote:
janetwhat wrote:

your welcome........that would not be something i would think needs a spoiler warning, as many hanje games have them.....its like saying say in MKFAP, the timer runs out, please put in a relaxed option,

I'm one of them that would probably buy the MKFTP series if it had a relaxed option.

Anyways, not sure who said it to her, but I don't see an issue with venting a little over it, I've demoed the first two and have them on my buy list, and the cross hairs to me sound really helpful, but I can see how it might bother others, some of the challenge of the first two was making yourself be very accurate on where you were at without help.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 13, 11 9:13 AM
i liked it,,,some of the grids are very hard in the later stages.....much better then the last "world mosiacs offering...

now when is a new gemsweeper being made!!!!

janetwhat
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by janetwhat on Sep 13, 11 9:30 AM

Fall 2009 they said they were about 6 months away from release.

The only thing I have seen on their website since then is that Gemsweeper 1 got a review in a game magazine.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 13, 11 9:34 AM
janetwhat wrote:

Fall 2009 they said they were about 6 months away from release.

The only thing I have seen on their website since then is that Gemsweeper 1 got a review in a game magazine.

well...that doesnt bode well for a sequel.....

my 3 most anticipated sequels i would like to see are..

gemsweeper, ?
royal envoy.....soon

and fairway solitare...very soon...hopefully

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Sep 13, 11 9:36 AM
That royally sucks if gemsweeper doesn't get a sequel, I've been replaying it for the harder times lately and love it. got it super cheap on disc because at the time I couldn't find it here, and afterwords Then i found bfg had it, but i paid less then bfg anyways so it's all good .

grsloop
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by grsloop on Sep 13, 11 10:50 AM
bella81762 wrote:my 3 most anticipated sequels i would like to see are..

gemsweeper, ?
royal envoy.....soon

and fairway solitare...very soon...hopefully

100% agree. I would also add Faerie Solitaire.

deb911
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by deb911 on Nov 17, 11 3:57 PM
I can't get off Ancient Greece, I have over 1,00 points but the shadows won't come up to show me what I need to clear. Can anyone help me? I also re-down loaded the game and that didn't help.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Nov 17, 11 5:53 PM
deb911 wrote:I can't get off Ancient Greece, I have over 1,00 points but the shadows won't come up to show me what I need to clear. Can anyone help me? I also re-down loaded the game and that didn't help.

hi deb. i will replay to see if i can help...

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Nov 17, 11 6:19 PM
I got the game from someplace else and am now on the Aztecs, which is the last civilization on the outer ring. I don't mind the cross-hairs, I find it helpful when the grids are up to 25x25. What I don't really like is the fact that they use the color grey for some of the exposed blocks and also grey for the empty blocks. That's where I sometimes have a problem when I'm counting off blocks. While I don't hate the colors, I prefer those little globe-type things from the earlier game.

I went to B&N and picked up one of the nonogram puzzle books because I've been enjoying the World Riddles games so much. Dang, but those blocks are small in there. I'm not even trying to figure out what the pictures are supposed to be; I'm just concerned with solving the puzzle because it just doesn't look as good in pencil as it does on the computer. Using a computer is definitely the way to play these types of games.

It's funny how some games are much easier to play on a computer - the nonogram puzzles and solitaire being two of them. With the nonograms you don't need to bother with erasing over and over, and with the solitaire games you don't have to worry about being near a roomy flat surface to play.

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Nov 17, 11 7:15 PM
deb911 wrote:I can't get off Ancient Greece, I have over 1,00 points but the shadows won't come up to show me what I need to clear. Can anyone help me? I also re-down loaded the game and that didn't help.

I may be off, but have you completed all of the levels? because from what I recall, the shadows aren't easily visable and don't sparkle unless you have enough points to buy the item(I'm on aztec myself but have all items bought and am just working on getting golds on the last levels of it).

Go to: