bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

level 3.11 help

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 31, 11 12:33 PM
i cant beat this for nothing....there are no fishing huts, mills, there is a warehouse...but if no buildings are producing why build one.....i am not even coming close to beating this level before the dragon.......HEY DEVS if you see this.....DONT MAKE THE GAME END IF WE RUN OUT OF TIME

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

level 3.11 help

[Post New]by jawfish on Aug 31, 11 3:33 PM
bella81762 wrote:i cant beat this for nothing....there are no fishing huts, mills, there is a warehouse...but if no buildings are producing why build one.....i am not even coming close to beating this level before the dragon.......HEY DEVS if you see this.....DONT MAKE THE GAME END IF WE RUN OUT OF TIME

just finished the game with all "expert"

-the key is to build a warehouse and upgrade it as soon as you have enough wood.
Then build a well

-although there are no farms, sawmills etc, there are many spots where resources renew on the 4 roads. Lower right and lower left both have 3 spots, I tried to clear lower left first asap, though either one should work

-until you get a 2nd helper, use the helper bonus, then alternate between 1/2 the costs and renew resource bonus depending on the situation

-hire 3rd helper asap, basically have at least 1 helper picking up resources, have the other(s) work on clearing the road

-build all wells and workshop asap

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:level 3.11 help

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 31, 11 11:16 PM
thank you...i didnt think,the warehouse mattered, unless you had a sawmill. or farm...

thanks i didnt get gold, but finaally got thru it

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Sep 1, 11 3:45 AM
Now I'm stuck there as well. Any tips bella? I always end up just short one rose and the beetle. I've tried it so many times it's not fun anymore. I loved Royal Envoy, but didn't purchase it until it had been out for a while, and there was a walkthrough on another gaming site. I don't think I would have been able to finish the game without it. I hope I don't have to wait until someone comes out with a walkthrough for this one.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 1, 11 6:27 AM
i did build the warehose 1st ..but i barely finished...,,just keep trying what jaw said

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Sep 1, 11 11:14 AM
Sorry, I posted under the wrong level thread

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 11:15:24 AM PST

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Sep 1, 11 1:56 PM
bella81762,

The warehouse doesn't affect the number of units your buildings produce by itself. It only affects the units you pick up on the ground (including the one that regenerates in front of the building). If you don't have a warehouse, picking up wood or food gives you 3 units. But if you build one, it gives you 4 units. Then if you upgrade the warehouse once, it gives you 5 units.

Also, without a warehouse you can only store 20 units.

gmmace, just want to add to above, if you find yourself waiting for something to break the rock or fill the road, for ex. food. Then restart the level and concentrate on getting more food.

Hope this helps.

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 2:00:40 PM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 1, 11 2:08 PM
wow...all this time, i thought it only increased the units produced by buildings.....so basically...always try to build the warehouse 1st, if there is one....i usually try to get all the farms and sawmills 1st and have missed gold on quite a few levels

thanks btw...and welcome to the pond

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 2:09:23 PM PST

Nicole0929
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Nicole0929 on Sep 1, 11 5:02 PM
Oooops I hit reply without typing..sigh.

Jaw...if you've finished everything in gold..can you help out with 3.9? I usually good at these games....I almost timed out...pppppplllleeeaaaasssse help LOL

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Sep 1, 11 8:32 PM
bella, I did get gold on this level, but I didn't follow jawfish's instructions to the letter. For some reason, every time I tried using jawfish's way exactly, I couldn't even finish before the time ran out.

I used the principle of keeping your workers in motion, regardless of what it is they are doing. I started with building the warehouse, then the workshop, then the barracks, then whatever came up after that. I never used the second worker power-up. Instead I let it get to the replenish power-up. I did upgrade to two workers as soon as possible. Like jawfish, I did work to clear the two areas on the left and right that replenished supplies first. I also used the 1/2 price work power-up a lot when I wasn't using the replenish

Not sure if that would help anyone, but there seems to be more than one road to Rome in this case. It did take a long time to finish and I agree that it is frustrating to not be able to finish theg ame because you can't get past a certian level. Hopefully this will be corrected in later versions of MKFTP.

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 8:35:43 PM PST

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Sep 1, 11 8:50 PM
rosie28sammy, I haven't broken the developer's record on 3.11, so my way is not the best one, there are certainly many ways to reach expert.

Nicole0929, I replied you about 3.9 on the other thread, this time it's more a step by step.

Gamesetter_
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Gamesetter_ on Sep 1, 11 11:48 PM
As this I made gold and broke developers record

Collect the wood on the left and build the warehouse.
Wait till it is done before you go on.
Collect the recources and build the well.
Remove the first sand heap on the right side and upgrade the warehouse.
Remove the second sandheap on the right side and the sand heap on the left with "1/2 Prize".
Build the barrack and the workshop.
Use the "additional worker" and collect the recources on the right and left side.
Repair the well right and left side.
Scare the Golem at the bottom and build the way to the gold.
Use the "additional worker" and work your way to the wood on the right side and on the left to the gold and food.
Only collect the recources.
Work top right and left till the Golems stop you.
Upgrade the hut and scare away the Golems on the top.
Remove the two rocks top left with "1/2" prize.
Go on working top left.
Upgrade the workshop and the hut.
Now wait till all three workers are in the hut.
Use the "1/2 Prize" as followed:
Send two workers to the sand heaps top right and left.
Send one worker to one of the stones top right or left.
The ones with the sand heaps are done early enough to remove the second stone and the third sandheap.
Therefor it is important to the send the sand heap removers on their way first.
Now work on all ways to get free access to the roses but do not touch them yet.
When the last two huge rocks are free to work on, use the "1/2 Prize" to remove them, collect the roses, collect recources and build your last ways.

AmberKB
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by AmberKB on Sep 2, 11 2:05 PM
Thanks, Gamesetter!

[Post New]by biggreenfrog on Sep 5, 11 3:56 PM
thanks...i have been trying this level 3-11 for ever...lol...i am going to try this and hopefully i can get through...thanks

[Post New]by laprankster on Sep 6, 11 5:32 PM
You have 7 pieces of lumber at the start. Pick up the lumber first, then build the warehouse. WAIT until the warehouse is built, then start picking up other materials, since you now have an increase of 1 of each item. Upgrade the warehouse two more times and build your wells, using your bonus worker. I cleared the entire row beneath the shack, then, with the help of the bonus worker, cleared down the left to the idol and down the right to the bottom pile of sand. I then went up on the left to clear the wood and the food. Next I build a barracks and finished clearing the left, again using the extra worker. For the rest, after I upgraded by shack, I often used the "work costs less" bonus to build onto the sand. If I ran short of materials, I used the "resources renewed faster" bonus. Once I began building over the quicksand at the bottom and top, I had all my workers and the bonus worker busy. I left the flowers almost to the end, using the bonus "faster resources" at least twice. At the very end, I used the "work costs less" bonus to pick up all the flowers. Good Luck. Hope you get the gold.

Tsunami60
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Tsunami60 on Sep 10, 11 7:19 AM
Thank you!!
I'd been tearing my hair out over this one too. Managed to finish, but not before nightfall.....yet!

Starchild6
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by Starchild6 on Sep 14, 11 5:11 PM
Thanks! I will try the suggestions. Got gold on every other level but this one, and I always miss the gold by just a few seconds. I've tried every which way, about 20 times. I started with 16 levels with no gold, and kept hacking away. Now I just have 1. I am determined to see the bear!

[Post New]by SkorpionUK on Oct 19, 11 9:55 AM
Wow, 3.11 is a corker, isn't it? I tried SO many times, finally got gold (but not dev record).

Thanks to those who put up solutions!

Go to: