bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 1, 11 12:05 AM
Find a kidnapped teenage girl and save yourself in Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek, a fun Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game! After waking up in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere, you must piece together your memories and figure out why you ended up in Maple Creek. Discover the ancient evil that lurks in the seemingly peaceful lands of Vermont and learn the truth in this thrilling detective story!

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

Re:Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by tillybaby on Sep 1, 11 12:16 AM
Well, I would love to try it but in fifteen minutes I've managed to download 1% so I'm giving up because I refuse to spend all Thursday trying to download a collectors edition anymore,

It comes to something when the download takes longer than the game does to play.

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Sep 1, 11 12:26 AM
i know what you mean pressed buy right as it faded i and its been 25 min stuck at 38% I love Thursdats but I hate when come CeS I have no problems with but other I do Doesnt make sence GOOD LUCk with you download Looks like a good game

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 12:29:23 AM PST

Angel369
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Angel369 on Sep 1, 11 12:28 AM
tillybaby wrote:Well, I would love to try it but in fifteen minutes I've managed to download 1% so I'm giving up because I refuse to spend all Thursday trying to download a collectors edition anymore,

It comes to something when the download takes longer than the game does to play.
Oh tillybaby I'm glad it's not just me It's sooooo slow but fingers crossed it'll be worth it
Off to do some washing etc while I wait...

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Sep 1, 11 12:29 AM
I've played 17 minutes, so this is not comprehensive. The story line is you suddenly wake up with blood on your hands and can't remember anything. Then you find your journal and some things come back to you.

The town (in Vermont) has been totally destroyed by a storm (sounds like last week, doesn't it?) So far, except for a mysterious character who runs off, you are the only one left in town - with a whole lot of fixing to do. The HOS are typical junk piles.

This just hasn't grabbed me, so I'm going to bed.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 1, 11 12:35 AM
Well I have the polar opposite opinion of geniegal but I also played the beta of this one a while back so... If you love an outstanding HOPA game with good, old fashioned, hard-core, junk-pile HOG scenes (I do! I do!) than this will be the game for you. This one is outstanding in my opinion and you get to do a bit of "detective work" to top off a great story, great game play (without an excessive amount of wandering for those who get lost easy), wonderful graphics, good voice-overs... well, I am gushing but the Devs deserve it here and this is going to be one of my favorite games of the year, I am sure of it!

It's worth the download time!

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Sep 1, 11 12:37 AM
I'm just curious as to why the description of the game doesn't mention any extras that have been in the CE editions (wallpapers, bonus gameplay etc) up to this point?
Are we seeing the beginning of ALL games being deemed to be CEs - and therefore more expensive - with no discernible 'extras' to warrant an increased price?
Just call me dubious (or is that cynical?)!!!!

I'll come back later to try it - slow d/l doesn't cheer me early in the morning.

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Sep 1, 11 12:41 AM
Thank you for the info Shadowfax. At the moment though my download has stopped completely which is what it did on the first games manager upgrade. Last week I had quite a frustrating free day on Thursday as the game downloaded like they used to before the gm upgrade,

My appetite was whetted on Monday with Mudrock giving such a glowning account of the game so today (I'm in the U.K. 8am) everything was put on hold so I could give this game my full attention, not that I'm addicted lolol, but it's not to be.

Ah well, maybe another game manager upgrade will fix things.

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Sep 1, 11 12:44 AM
At 605 and 40 mins later Hi Lucyloket if you watcj video it explains everything your getting with this CE SHADOW I AGREE beta tested it and this I think will also be my favorite game of year didn't even trial it just hit the buy button my it is taking forever I hope I wont have any issues Have Fun

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 1, 11 12:45 AM
DL was very fast.

I like the game. It has 7 chapters and bonusgame. It's a buy for me!

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Sep 1, 11 12:45 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Well I have the polar opposite opinion of geniegal but I also played the beta of this one a while back so... If you love an outstanding HOPA game with good, old fashioned, hard-core, junk-pile HOG scenes (I do! I do!) than this will be the game for you. This one is outstanding in my opinion and you get to do a bit of "detective work" to top off a great story, great game play (without an excessive amount of wandering for those who get lost easy), wonderful graphics, good voice-overs... well, I am gushing but the Devs deserve it here and this is going to be one of my favorite games of the year, I am sure of it!

It's worth the download time!

I hope you are correct, that the download time is worth waiting. So far at 45 min. and stuck there for the last 10 min. at 45% Ha just checking before post now at 47%.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 1, 11 12:47 AM
Thanks too, shadow! I join the large group of fishies with slow download...

As I didn't play the Beta, I must download the trial - gee, 163 Mega, and only 43% after 3/4 of hour. Good that I have some chores to make...

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Sep 1, 11 12:49 AM
I tried it too, Shadow. It also has a place where you can select expert or casual and I know several people like this. I know this isn't an ERS game but it feels like one to me. This game has 7 chapters and a lengthy bonus play according to the SG, which is accessible in the trial phase. A couple of twists on the puzzles I've played. Want to buy it so better get hubby in a good mood. Spent too much on last weekend's sale!!

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Sep 1, 11 12:50 AM
55 mins to download and install and off to play I cant wait

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Sep 1, 11 12:50 AM
down-loading now for over half hour..on 37%

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Sep 1, 11 12:51 AM
i'm in france,and now,my download has stopped at 22% after 30 min!i have played this game as beta and noticed:not as CE,so i have given up this stupid download(in france we say for the the very slow things:as quick as senator-they are all of them very old-)and ,as lucylocket,am very suspicious with the game description:no bonus?no SG?and CE price?is it new?perhaps the biginning of new slogan:
every day a new( expensive) game?

NICNACNOO78
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by NICNACNOO78 on Sep 1, 11 12:53 AM
Well i had an EXTREMELY fast download and i am SOOO eager to play this - gonna give my Carer the day off so i can BUY!!!
Beta'd this one AND was just wondering where it was! Spooky or what!

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Sep 1, 11 12:57 AM
I'm stuck at 40% and off to work in an hour been D/L for 45 mins wanted to try before I left home , not to be by the looks of things .

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Sep 1, 11 1:23 AM
No problems downloading; it does have an integrated strategy guide. So far, don't see anything outstanding, but will persevere based on comments from those who have Beta tested. Don't really need another CE right now!

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Sep 1, 11 1:25 AM
1 hour and 25 minutes to download the trial version, ah well I'm now off to play.x

Go to: