bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 1, 11 12:38 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Post any Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 1, 11 3:12 AM
Really BF! 3 hours to download 70% from the trial??? (163 M With 2 "download time out!"

And after that you expect me to download the 375 MB??? And buy the game???

Why did you have to update the GM just before a CE is posted and things calmed down?

Gee, give the people some bandwidth!

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 3:13:26 AM PST

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

Re:Post any Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by caseymom on Sep 1, 11 5:38 AM
These download problems must be partially caused by your internet carrier. I downloaded the trial in 2 minutes. That means the full file would only take me about 5 mins. I have cable internet with SUPER high speed. Sorry you are having problems...this looks like a great game.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 1, 11 5:55 AM
Caseymom, I have cable internet connection, with the highest speed too... It happened on the first change of the GM, return to normal, and now after the last upgrade of the GM.

[Post New]by MeMeMew on Sep 1, 11 6:12 AM
I'm having huge problems with the download too, of the full game, my connection speed is high and I usually have no issues with this. So something is wrong and it isn't on my side.

lyn58
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lyn58 on Sep 1, 11 7:21 AM
dl ok but the picture is so dark I can't see anything clearly anyone else having this problem ???????????????

lilflirt
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lilflirt on Sep 1, 11 9:08 AM
think i would really like this game, however at the chapel, received first angel token, then didn't receive the blue after completing the puzzle. cannot proceed with game. anyone else?

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Sep 1, 11 12:32 PM
lilflirt: You don't get the last angel head token from the door. Use your guide and go on further into the game to get the last one....then you go back and get in to the chapel.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Sep 1, 11 12:35 PM
I didn't have any problems downloading the game. However, when I zoomed into the car, the game froze and the screen went black...and I had to manually shut down my computer. I then uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, and every thing is working fine now.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 1, 11 2:32 PM
Hello everyone,

For those of you having troubles with a long download time, please first check the steps in this help article:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

lyn58, have you tried adjusting the brightness on your monitor? It might help.

grandmab3248, I would recommend taking a look at this help article to check for any updates for your computer as it can sometimes help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you continue to have troubles with the game, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) so that our reps can resolve any lingering issues. Thank you for posting your technical issues in here!

-bfgArnoStyx

Roos53
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Roos53 on Sep 1, 11 3:07 PM
Well there is so many of us having problems downloading the games, surely it cant be everyones computors, it took me 3hrs to download the game today only to get to the back gate and it wont let me open it with the rusty key so now im really fed up with the game, cant be doing with this hassle every week.

[Post New]by nowunder on Sep 1, 11 3:15 PM
The game downloads & starts but after the little movie, it just keeps loading. & it's my birthday today.

[Post New]by amcahoon on Sep 1, 11 4:39 PM
During game play, I reached my room was able to get article, and light bulb but can not pick up flare gun. I have the flare but can not get the gun?? Anyone else with this issue, I really hope I dont have to start over again....i wasnt able to pick up bulb on another time of going through game so I started over & picked it up first then the article but will not let me have the dang flare gun.

BFG, why are you having so many game issues of late, I am almost to the point of cancelling my membership because every game for at least he past 6 months has issues and very frustrating!!!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 1, 11 4:42 PM
Hi amcahoon,

We really want you to be able to enjoy your games, so especially if you've been experiencing issues with multiple games, I'd encourage you to get in touch with our Tech Support team, and one of our reps can take a closer look at what might be causing these issues for you.

(you can click on the blue words for more details)

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 4:50:49 PM PST

Kilan8
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Kilan8 on Sep 1, 11 5:23 PM
Acess violation -- again. And no it's not my computer. Everytime we get a new game manager it's the same damn thing. Long dowloads and problems galore. I swear if I see one more "see our article on this or that" I'll blow a gasket. I've got high speed internet and before this manager, a game would load in 2 minutes if that.

Geez, with this many people having problems, fix the damn thing already!

Last game was a flop with all the glitches, and now this.

Time to search for another game site.

crazyfor20
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by crazyfor20 on Sep 1, 11 6:23 PM
My download went fine. It just told me I had no play time left. How does that happen?

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by eedebeep on Sep 1, 11 6:25 PM
I"m supposed to go out of the boarding house and find an unconscious man, however, he's not there! and it doesn't seem I can go any farther without encountering him. Anyone else have this problem?

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Sep 1, 11 7:14 PM
amcahoon wrote:During game play, I reached my room was able to get article, and light bulb but can not pick up flare gun. I have the flare but can not get the gun?? Anyone else with this issue, I really hope I dont have to start over again....i wasnt able to pick up bulb on another time of going through game so I started over & picked it up first then the article but will not let me have the dang flare gun.

BFG, why are you having so many game issues of late, I am almost to the point of cancelling my membership because every game for at least he past 6 months has issues and very frustrating!!!

amcahoon: Did you put the flare on the dresser top with the gun? When you do, it should automatically load and then you get it back.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Sep 1, 11 7:15 PM
eedebeep wrote:I"m supposed to go out of the boarding house and find an unconscious man, however, he's not there! and it doesn't seem I can go any farther without encountering him. Anyone else have this problem?

eedebeep: I, too, did not find the unconcscious man outside of the hotel. I don't know how that would affect you later in the game, since the demo ended shortly after this.

[Post New]by dawnsamjay2071 on Sep 1, 11 7:56 PM
amcahoon wrote:During game play, I reached my room was able to get article, and light bulb but can not pick up flare gun. I have the flare but can not get the gun?? Anyone else with this issue, I really hope I dont have to start over again....i wasnt able to pick up bulb on another time of going through game so I started over & picked it up first then the article but will not let me have the dang flare gun.

I had the reverse problem..i couldnt go back and get the light bulb..sorry i tried everything but had to re-start under i different profile and then all was fine

Go to: