bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Reviews for Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 1, 11 12:43 AM
Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 2:37:16 PM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Review for Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition

[Post New]by TeamSD on Sep 1, 11 12:49 AM
This game is AMAZING!!! Graphics are really high quality, great! Story is interesting and the atmosphere of the game is really creepy.... Voice overs are also very good, puzzles are fun and HOG scenes are not too much and they're not hard also. I've bought the game since the first 10-20 mins of gameplay cuz i loved it very much and 'm glad i did that because according to the SG, the game should be long and the bonus chapter should be also quite long!

Grades:

Graphics: A*
Story: A
Music: A*
Puzzles: A
HOG Scenes: A
Fun: A*
Gameplay: A*
Overall: A*

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 2:32:22 AM PST

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Sep 1, 11 1:10 AM
Definitely a buy for me. Played 10 minutes of the demo and it is a must have

[Post New]by goodwinalana on Sep 1, 11 1:15 AM
[b]This review is based on demo only.I kinda like this one it's strange kinda creepy.if your the type that likes to be scared heat racing then this ones for you.I bought it dl as I type.I love the voice overs,but I agree with the other fishies,that if your paying for a CE it better have voices.(ranting over lol)
Will post when finished game for you to know length that kinda thing.
When it finishes downloading,
happy gaming

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Sep 1, 11 1:15 AM
Wow, this is a great game. I read about it before it came out. And according to what I've read, it's very different then most games were use to. It has more than 42 locations and the mini puzzle about 15 are good. I love a good detective story and the starting of the game and story are somewhat confussing. But I'm sure we'll all learn the secrets in time. I saw some of my buddies in this game "Wild Boars". lol The graphics and animations are very good. The voiceovers are very limited so far but good enough. This one is at the top of my list to buy. And I've brokend down and purchased many CE's now. Be sure to try this game for sure no matter how long your download. I think it's worth it. This is going to be a very good game IMO. Great Job to the developers and thanks BF for this Beautiful Mystery. Enjoy All!

I rate this game: "FINE SWINE"

FINE SWINE:
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.
‘ ‘
(o)

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 1, 11 1:44 AM
Never have I felt the need to say much about individual games, but this one looks outstanding! Great graphics, voiceovers, story, interesting characters, helpful SG, apparently a nice bonus game (based on SG), excellent music, and lots of spooky stuff going on. And WS! (that works) Appears to have it all. A must have top of the list.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 1, 11 2:02 AM
This game is really great!!! It's more an adventure, not so many HOG's. It's spooky and sometime let me jump of my chair. I like the puzzles.

This game is not a easy one. You need your brains working and I like that. The hintbutton is helpfull.

So far, I give 4 out 5

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Sep 1, 11 2:31 AM
(Disclaimer--based on about 30 minutes with the demo--the "Buy It" button? Yep!)

Well, thank you for making Mudrock's CE prediction come true! And on the 1st of the month, no less! Starting off with three punches on a new Punchcard! What's not to like about that?

This game seems to have all the features of a great HOPA. The storyline--You've been dispatched to a small, creepy Vermont town to track down a missing girl. You've been in some kind of accident, and now you've got very little recollection about what you're doing there. Time to explore, and get to the bottom of this mystery!

The intro is very well animated, and the opening menu reflects the game's setting perfectly. The Options Menu has the right stuff--sound FX and music sliders, cursor choice (the game one was a bit jumpy for me, so I chose the system one), screen choice, and eventually, two gameplay modes. The female voice actor does a great job, IMH0. The graphics are really artistic, and the H0 scenes, while junkpile-ish, are crisp and clear. There's the obligatory, re-upping hint system, but I'm not sure you'll need it very often. The developers have included the entire SG in the demo--seven chapters plus a bonus chapter--I guessed that I was half-way through the first chapter in my 30 minutes--does that mean 6-7 hours of enjoyment (at least, for me)? That would well warrant the CE price! Oh yeah--one puzzle so far--a very good one--all I'll say is, pay close attention to the details in the puzzle scene.

Give the demo a try--bet you'll want to hit the "Buy It" button, or at least put it at the top of your "wish list"!

(I'm not a BFG "cheerleader," by any means, but the game just "hooked" this !)

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 9:08:49 PM PST

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Sep 1, 11 3:08 AM
fireeyes5 wrote:Definitely a buy for me. Played 10 minutes of the demo and it is a must have

Same here! I'm really looking forward to playing the whole game.

tabsy
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by tabsy on Sep 1, 11 3:18 AM
Played the demo and this is a must buy. Great graphics and some interesting new minigames.

Poem123
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Poem123 on Sep 1, 11 3:24 AM
I knew I shouldn't have demo'd this because now I want it and it's not possible for me to get a CE at this time. The theme is a bit average (been there, done that) but the game is excellent and in some ways sets a standard future games might be measured by.

Loved:
- exceptionally well done iHO scenes, beautiful illustrations, items are carefully hidden but not impossible to find.
- difficulty modes are clearly defined and differentiate the two modes beyond simply lengthening the hint recharges.
- perfect balance (in my opinion) of iHO scenes and adventure mode.
- interesting puzzles with good instructions
- you collect the "evidence" to solve the "mystery"

Didn't love:
- maybe because I play on wide-screen but I was constantly clicking my inventory when I wanted to move down a room, and constantly moving down a room when I wanted to examine something low on the screen. Sometimes exiting, entering a room 5 times in a row because my magnifying glass switched to an arrow just as I clicked on it. Very annoying.
- hidden object lists only fade out the found objects, there didn't seem enough differentiation. Would prefer to just glance down and see what I still have to find without scrunching my eyes at the list trying to figure it out.
- This is subjective of course, but I'm really over "lurking ancient evil". Would love to solve a good old-fashioned mystery that offered more immersion.

Artwork is outstanding. Voice overs are ok. I wasn't convinced by our narrator the way I was in Syberia but I'm very glad this has v/o. Music/Sound is on par with similar dark and demonic games. Game-play is top notch.

Do not try this game if you can't get it as a CE because it will hook you in and leave you with withdrawal when the demo ends. Otherwise, enjoy this first class gaming experience, have fun and good luck.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Sep 1, 11 5:24 AM
GOTTA HAVE IT!

Based on the trial this has to be one of the best games I have ever played! I was hooked immediately.

Everything runs so smooth, the graphics are great and the voice overs are well done and just enough to let you know whats going on but they don't run on forever.

The hidden object scenes are just the right level of difficulty. The mini games are incredibly unique. They really make you think and can be skipped if your thinkers not working to capacity.

I absolutely loved the way they did the evidence board. Anything new like that is fun. There were also a couple spots that made me jump in my seat. Not many games can do that
Even the Strategy Guide is easy to use and from that it looks like the length will be pretty good also.

Everyone left fantastic reviews so I will end with this. out of 5 all the way. Can't wait to play. I have to leave for work but I will be back in Maple Creek tonite

GREAT JOB ON THIS ONE BF!!!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 1, 11 5:27 AM
This is a great game. Its an very beautitful ihog game, not very easy. The puzzles are very good, also the graphic. You can see the strategy guide in your trial time, thats also a big plus. The game has 7 chapters plus 1 bonus chapter in the CE. For me its a definete buy as the CE

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 5:29:09 AM PST

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Sep 1, 11 6:06 AM
No doubt it, it is a MUST HAVE game!!! As everyone else pointed out, great graphics, good HOS (not a lot of bugs or creepy insects in the ones I've played so far) and the one mini game I played has an interesting twist. I like the map that is in the game. Let's you know where you are and what the other locations are (mouse over) but doesn't give anything away by telling you that there is action needed. The music is a good touch (even though I turned it down).

I could have done without all the bright flashes in the opening scene but other than that I am happy with the game and I'm off to buy it. I think the devs are really listening to our complaints/wishes and trying to offer us games that meet our wants.

I think my only other complaint is I am so tired of the rainy atmosphere (complete with rain, thunder and lightening) that seems to permeate these type if games. I know it lends to the setting of the game but must it do it all the time? Just my opinion of course. Still love the game though and looking forward to playing the rest of it.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 1, 11 6:09 AM
I agree with all previous positive reviews! Great game!

And, wow!!! This is the first time that I see TeamSD giving such a high rate!... Agreed TeamSD.

Thanks developers, thanks BF!

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Sep 1, 11 6:21 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:I agree with all previous positive reviews! Great game!

And, wow!!! This is the first time that I see TeamSD giving such a high rate!... Agreed TeamSD.

Thanks developers, thanks BF!

LOL, I've giving many games high rates (A*) lately, like Sacra Terra, Awakening 3, Macabre etc.... Played for an hour now and I really loved this one maybe the rate might be higher when Ive completed the game

Michou3
Herring
Herring
398 Posts

[Post New]by Michou3 on Sep 1, 11 6:26 AM
The reviews I've read so far are right, this game is great! I've played the demo and loved it, now it's time to buy it.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Sep 1, 11 6:28 AM
The graphics are so sharp and clear and super artwork. The voice overs are one of the best.

I have been playing for about 5 hours and all most at the end have not entered the bonus yet. I am a super slow player enjoying all the graphics.

Love this game.

The only issue I had but it looks like no one else has, is in the hog scenes I had probs finding some items but the hint button recharges very rapidly in the easier play mode. I dont know if it was the coloring or hues in the hog scenes that was causing me the problems.

This game is defineately worth a CE.

Happy gaming

[Post New]by QueenDK on Sep 1, 11 6:28 AM
YEAAAAAH! It is here I did the beta test a couple of months ago and I really loved it. Could not wait to play the whole game as it has all the right elements, which makes a GREAT game: creepy atmosphere - you never know who or what is behind you good music which suits the game and an interesting story!
I am going to buy it right away - so HAPPY GAMING!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Sep 1, 11 7:02 AM
Oh nooooo!! After the weekend sale, I absolutely should not buy another game...but this is so good. I'm hooked on the story. I like the graphics. The H/O scenes were not too junkpile, the background music and voice were more than acceptable and I want to know what happens next! I don't think I can wait for the SE of this game.

Go to: